Windows 10: Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors

Discus and support Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been busy to get Outlook on my tablet going since yesterday. I tried: 1. with 2 different mail apps on my tablet 2. with deleting and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tfwul, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors

I've been busy to get Outlook on my tablet going since yesterday.

I tried:
    1. with 2 different mail apps on my tablet
    2. with deleting and recreating accounts (outlook.com)

all with default settings.

Either there is an error : Network Sync Error or nothing happens

Note:
    - using Gmail in both 2 email apps works fine.
    - outlook.com worked fine until yesterday or the day before yesterday

Anybody out there having the same experience??

I noticed there are Hotmail-Outlook issues, see: "Hotmail and Outlook down, or login problems"
    Hotmail and Outlook down, or login problems, Aug 2016 | Product Reviews

Not sure whether Europe also affected by this?

For specific reasons I prefer not to use Gmail.com but -personally- I never encountered issues with Gmail.

oh, btw, no issues within Outlook 2013 using the outlook.com servers, so it is limited to my tablet.
    =

:)

tfwul, Aug 22, 2016

2. Unable to Sync gmail with Windows 10 Mail on University Proxy Network

Hi

I am unable to sync gmail with Windows 10 Mail on my university network which uses a proxy server. I am able to receive and send mails through Windows 10 Mail on my home network. But unable to do so even after putting the proxy settings on the University
    network.

Is there anyway to solve this.

thanks

Samaritan_782, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Rich09 Win User
    Mail App Windows 10 Not Syncing - Error Code 0x2500201c

I recently purchased a Surface Pro 4 (Windows 10 / Office 365 [2016]). I cannot get my Mail and Calendar applications to sync with my Outlook account (Hotmail). Through three techs and tens of hours troubleshooting, Microsoft concluded it was a hardware
    issue and sent me a new tablet. I am still unable to sync with the new tablet and continue to receive error code 0x2500201c when I attempt to do so. To note, the new tablet has the same lot number (1609) as the other tablet; not sure if that matters. I was
    able to sync my Gmail email account perfectly. It is just the Hotmail account that is giving me issues. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have a solution? Apparently Microsoft does not and moreover, they do not seem to care.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the mail and calendar apps multiple times. I have reset my tablet multiple times. I have downloaded all updates.

Rich09, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

no problem here but I have them setup in Win Live Mail as Imap Accounts

Haven't noticed anything different in the Win10 Mail App though.

KB

Kbird, Aug 23, 2016
  5. tfwul Win User
    One way or the other the issue seems to be solved. Have no idea what and why things went wrong, but so far it looks okay now.

tfwul, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    I spoke too soon , M$ has quietly changed the Mail Apps Server for my old Hotmail Account and the Mail App is no longer connecting to That Hotmail account to sync.

The Server has been switched to eas.outlook.com from bayXXX-m.hotmail.com and won't let me change it back , I hadn't noticed as I am using WLM and accessing it via IMAP instead .

Kbird, Aug 28, 2016
  7. tfwul Win User
    I never used the hotmail address, but rather used outlook.com, so I wouldn't know when MS changed this (hotmail->outlook).
    I tried to find older mails with my hotmail address in it and could not trace any hotmail-mails after dec. 2015, so I assume that MS switched hotmail to outlook somewhere early this year.
    Am not using Exchange Services, like you. With me, on my tablet, the server addresses read
    smtp-mail.outlook.com
    imap-mail.outlook.com

As said, I have deleted and created my accounts a few times, in between rebooting my tablet, the error still existed.
    Then all of sudden it was 'solved', things worked fine. The question of 'How come...' remains unanswered though.

Maybe recreate account and wait until the next day?

Don't know... sorry.

p.s.
    That aside and off-topic, in -my- case I have 2 accounts now:
    -former hotmail now outlook.com account
    -and an existing (relatively new) outlook.com account

The Windows 10 x64 version is tied to the hotmail account
    Windows Explorer->Help->About 'licensed to' and the username
    under C:\Users\ is the same as of hotmail.

Maybe .. this can be changed only when re-installing the software?
    =

=

tfwul, Aug 28, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

Hi,
    Those Addresses are the IMAP Servers I use with WLM .....Windows Live Mail (Essentials) they work well if a bit slow at time in WLM . WLM offers an Update each time I start it , but the last time I let it apply an Update WLM stopped working altogether, though that may have figured that out by now , not sure? I think it was an EAS issue with M$'s ongoing efforts to switch all email Servers over to EAS from DeltaSync Protocols.

Yes my 2nd hotmail I set up with the purchase of my M$ Surface and also access it via WLM on the Desktop with my other Accounts from Work etc. Currently the only one not working is the Hotmail.com address I've had for 15+? years , neither of my addresses has changed to an .outlook.com address , I have not heard of that happening.

KB

Kbird, Aug 28, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mail on tablet - unable to sync / network errors - Similar Threads - Mail tablet unable

2. mail for other mail unable to sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mail for other mail unable to sync: I recently managed to configure to able to receive/send using my corporate email address. It is failing to sync, what could problem? Assist me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-for-other-mail-unable-to-sync/caec0fe1-520c-4782-a8bf-c2272b91cdb0
  3. mail for other mail unable to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mail for other mail unable to sync: I recently managed to configure to able to receive/send using my corporate email address. It is failing to sync, what could problem? Assist me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-for-other-mail-unable-to-sync/caec0fe1-520c-4782-a8bf-c2272b91cdb0
  4. Mail Sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail Sync: I have been using windows 10 mail to access my ATT email via yahoo for several years. I utilize this on 2 devices 1: laptop and 2: desktop. The other day when I tried to sync on the desktop it says there is a problem and going through the fix it asks to update the password....
  5. Sync Tablet and PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync Tablet and PC: Hi there, I have a Windows 10 Surface Laptop 2 and a Surface Go 2. How can I completely sync the two so that the same files will appear on each device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-tablet-and-pc/a6d50354-b6e9-4165-9d4f-832a9e82dd48
  6. Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99

Mail not syncing. Error Code: 0x80072f99: Hello, I have an issue connecting an Exchange ActiveSync account to the built in Windows Mail App in Windows 10. The only information I have to work off is the error code: 0x80072f99....
  7. Windows Mail Sync Error

Windows Mail Sync Error: Hi There For the past few days my Windows 10 Mail struggles to sync new emails and send/receive. Mail and my emails worked perfectly up until a couple of days ago. I've followed lots of steps on other sites including: Reset mail settings > apps >advanced etc Uninstall...
  8. Unable to sync Mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to sync Mail app: I am on Gmail and have several accounts. I have the Mail app installed as well. But it stopped syncing new emails for my gmail accounts. The issue occurred suddenly. Before it worked fine. When I try to manage accounts in the Mail App settings and click on one of the...
  9. Mail sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail sync: Linked to mail accounts, Mail Windows 10 and Gmail I now get duplicate mail, how can i resolve this issue GR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-sync/f12a5d37-8b54-4b1d-ad61-22eb2249f231
  10. Unable to sync my google mail accounts.

Unable to sync my google mail accounts.: I just don't know why it is so difficult for Windows and Microsoft users to sync email accounts and the windows store sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...