Windows 10: MAIL question - How to save as draft?

Discus and support MAIL question - How to save as draft? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sooze, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Sooze Win User

MAIL question - How to save as draft?

Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I can't find any option for this. Thanks.

:)

Sooze, Aug 11, 2015

2. Save As question

Oh ya, after reset defaults, restore your personal settings in the 3 tabs, APPLY, OK.

seahawks65, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Save As question

well just when it selects this folder change where they will be placed and they should go to PIC folder after that. it is odd but maybe something you did was that last location and it is selecting that instead.

open one folder only>> file tab>>change folder and search options

and under all 3 tabs select to restore defaults. APPLY, OK

restart pc

seahawks65, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Drafts are saved automatically. You can test this easily: Start a new message, type something, then simply close the Mail app. Re-open the app, check the Drafts folder, your interrupted message is there.

5. Sooze Win User
    Thank you for the advice - it does save it! (I just thought it might show it doing something as I type, like in the old email progs!) I can now rest assured that my work won't get lost! Thanks again! *Smile

Sooze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MAIL question - How to save as draft? - Similar Threads - MAIL question save

2. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  3. Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail Will Not Send Drafts: Earlier today I thought I sent an email from the Mail app. It went to Draft and will not send. Now I have to recopy it and send it through GMAIL. What could be wrong with Windows Mail? This is a Windows 10 64-Bit laptop. I know I hit Outlook as a subtopic; but this problem...
  4. Why wasn't the draft saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wasn't the draft saved?: My Internet was out yesterday. Hoping that it wouldn't take but an hour or two to fix, I typed an email with some details I could remember but wanted to save in case I forgot. I had tried Word but was told I'd have to sign in obviously that wouldn't work. I realized my emails...
  5. Why wasn't the draft saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wasn't the draft saved?: My Internet was out yesterday. Hoping that it wouldn't take but an hour or two to fix, I typed an email with some details I could remember but wanted to save in case I forgot. I had tried Word but was told I'd have to sign in obviously that wouldn't work. I realized my emails...
  6. Why wasn't the draft saved?

7. Why wasn't the draft saved?

8. Vanished Draft in Mail App

Vanished Draft in Mail App: I was typing a draft in the Mail app on Win 10 when it suddenly vanished. It doesn't appear in the Trash folder, it wasn't sent, how might I recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished-draft-in-mail-app/d2fd68a2-fcdd-4aa0-8ef8-54afcd0bc11d
  9. sending email are saved in draft folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...
  10. No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail

No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail: I sent feedback to MS about this 6 months ago. At that time, Mail had just received an update. After that update the Drafts folder was gone. If I start writing an email and click to somewhere else in the app, that email is gone. There is no way to get back to it. Since that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save draft email in windows 10

2. save email as draft in Win 10

3. how to save email as draft in windows 10

4. windows mail save draft to file,
  5. how to save an email draft on windows 10,
  6. save draft email windows 10,
  7. how to save draft in windows 10 mail,
  8. save email draft in windows 10,
  9. mail how to save to draft file windows mail,
  10. windows 10 mail how to save as draft,
  11. how to save draft in mail windows 10,