Windows 10: MAIL question - How to save as draft?

Discus and support MAIL question - How to save as draft? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Sooze, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Sooze Win User

MAIL question - How to save as draft?

Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I can't find any option for this. Thanks.

:)

Sooze, Aug 11, 2015

2. Save As question

Oh ya, after reset defaults, restore your personal settings in the 3 tabs, APPLY, OK.

seahawks65, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Save As question

well just when it selects this folder change where they will be placed and they should go to PIC folder after that. it is odd but maybe something you did was that last location and it is selecting that instead.

open one folder only>> file tab>>change folder and search options

and under all 3 tabs select to restore defaults. APPLY, OK

restart pc

seahawks65, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Drafts are saved automatically. You can test this easily: Start a new message, type something, then simply close the Mail app. Re-open the app, check the Drafts folder, your interrupted message is there.

5. Sooze Win User
    Thank you for the advice - it does save it! (I just thought it might show it doing something as I type, like in the old email progs!) I can now rest assured that my work won't get lost! Thanks again! *Smile

Sooze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MAIL question - How to save as draft? - Similar Threads - MAIL question save

2. Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Draft Folders In Windows Mail Application.: Greetings, I noticed today that I have 2 draft folders in my Windows 10 mail app. Correction: I have 1 folder named "draft" while the other folder is named "drafts" (see screen shot below). I have all my devices (including the Windows 10 mail app) set up for IMAP folders...
  3. sending email are saved in draft folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sending email are saved in draft folder: Good morning. I noticed that when I send messages through the '' windows mail '' application while it shows being sent, when I go to outllook.com they are stored in the draft(or clipboard,i don't how we translate in english). What happens?...
  4. Windows Mail Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail Questions: Hello Microsoft Community, I am running Windows 10 and I have the Windows Mail app with an Outlook email address. I have the following questions: -I would like to send an email to many recipients using Bcc at a specific time (1 AM). Is this possible? -How can I add an...
  5. Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.

Windows Mail doesn't show Sent, Draft or Spam folders.: The statement here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-do-i-add-or-remove-folders-in-mail-for-windows-10-e30d69e1-16fd-45d1-b339-8a2a4db73ffe#bk_ts that "You'll see Inbox, Drafts, and Sent at a minimum and may see additional folders such as Archive and or Junk."...
  6. Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Saved emails not going to my Drafts folder?: For some reason, emails that I am writing that I close and save are not going to my Drafts folder. I checked the setting in Outlook, lowered the number of minutes needed before its saved to 0 and directed it to my Drafts folder but still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
  7. No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail

No Drafts Folder in Windows Mail: I sent feedback to MS about this 6 months ago. At that time, Mail had just received an update. After that update the Drafts folder was gone. If I start writing an email and click to somewhere else in the app, that email is gone. There is no way to get back to it. Since that...
  8. Win10 Outlook Mail: all sent messages go to the drafts

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Outlook Mail: all sent messages go to the drafts: Suddenly, all sent messages go to the drafts folder instead of sending. Once they are in the drafts folder, they become difficult to send. All suggestions appreciated. Dee 112489
  9. mail question

in Browsers and Email
    mail question: I just upgraded to win 10 last night , but in order to use Cortana it says I must have a Microsoft account so when I stated creating my Microsoft account I got to the point where is asked me to change my e-mail to microsofts mail , does that mean that I would no longer get...
  10. How to Save Email in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    How to Save Email in Mail App: This has to be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out and the help is useless. I have an email that I would like to save on my local hard file... as in Outlook. There is noway to create or open local folders and then use the move "action" Thanks Brian 20371

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 email save draft

2. how to save as draft on windows 10 mail

3. windows 10 mail how save draft?