Windows 10: Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find?

Discus and support Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New Laptop. Debut install Outlook 2010. Considerable frustration in connecting to a Hotmail account. Decided to look for the above settings in W10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wbajr, Mar 8, 2017.

1. wbajr Win User

Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find?

New Laptop. Debut install Outlook 2010. Considerable frustration in connecting to a Hotmail account.
    Decided to look for the above settings in W10 Mail, and copy to the Outlook Account. Are these settings Visable from W10 Mail? My HM account works fine in W10 Mail. Want to see the settings MS used.

- tbc

Will separately post other questions about outlook 2010: Hotmail connector, outlook connector, conflicting windows updates etc.

:)

wbajr, Mar 8, 2017

2. Where are the e-mail settings?

Hi, I have an E72, I have set up a POP3 e-mail server and I can receive e-mails with no problem, but I cannot send any! Now, I know how to solve the problem, I simply have to change the outgoing port number to the new one given by my e-mail provider, but
    I CANNOT FIND WHERE ARE THE OUTGOING SERVER SETTINGS!

The E-mail -> Settings -> Mailbox name -> Mailbox settings tab only has one server setting in it, and it says "Server name". There are no separate settings for Incoming and Outgoing servers! Where can I change them? In the Advanced mailbox settings there
    is only one setting - for the port number, but again not a thing about which are my ingoing and outgoing servers.

Pls help.

radox---01, Mar 8, 2017
  3. E72 not able to set up Email or Chat

Here are some email settings for your phone (Gmail , Yahoo and Hotmail )

Yahoo

Incoming Setting

User Name:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password: Password of your yahoo mail

Incoming mail server: imap.n.mail.yahoo.com

Mailbox Name: Yahoo

Mailbox type: IMAP4

Security(Ports): Off

Port: Default

Outgoing Setting

Email Address:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

User Name:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password: Password of your yahoo mail

Outgoing mail server:smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Security(Ports): Off

Port:587

Hotmail (Live)

Incoming Setting

User Name :*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Password : Password of your Hotmaill

Incoming mail server : pop3.live.com

Mailbox Type : pop3

Security :ssl/tls

Port :default

Outgoing Settings

Password : Password of your Hotmaill

Outgoing mail server : smtp.live.com

Mailbox type : pop3

Security :start tls

Gmail

01Step - Enable IMAP in your Gmail account settings.

Incoming Setting

Password assword of your Gmail

Incoming mail server :imap.gmail.com

Mailbox Type :IMAP4

Security :ssl/tls

Outgoing Settings

Password assword of your Gmail

Outgoing mail server :smtp.gmail.com

Security :start tls

Port :587

goonboy---01, Mar 8, 2017
  4. Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find?

Welcome to the TenForums @wbajr

You do not need any of those settings and there is no Hotmail connector or outlook connector any more. When you enter your email account in the account setup it will set everything up for you as long as you use an address like L: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com. Us auto account setup to get exchange services.

Just accept the defaults. This will become an exchange account and will synce mail, claendar, tacks and contacts with outlook. Assuming they are in hotmail.com

Configuring an Outlook.com account in Outlook

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 8, 2017
  5. wbajr Win User
    In my case [outlook 2010] the install process insists that I install [outlook connector "OLC"].
    In research on this, there are threads talking about to configuring thru that program once it is installed.
    Turns out it will "auto install" just fine [need not be configured thru "OLC"].
    in short OLC is gone but the program wants it, but you really can't use it. It will auto configure.
    - tbc
    The next question: will it work?
    Will post back on that in a couple of days.

wbajr, Mar 9, 2017
  6. It should work.

Depending on where your data like Calendar and contacts is located to start with. That site I provided has some walk throughs on getting the process started. Seems most of data has to start in your hotmail.com account.

Good luck.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find?

1. Mail Settings: ports, encription & server names: where to find? - Similar Threads - Mail Settings ports

2. Mail server settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail server settings: Every few months, I have to go through the process of re-learning how to restore or update my mail server settings since my e-mail fails when trying to send a picture from Lightroom Classic. It seems like each time I need to do this it just gets worse and worse, I can't seem...
  3. Mail server settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail server settings: Every few months, I have to go through the process of re-learning how to restore or update my mail server settings since my e-mail fails when trying to send a picture from Lightroom Classic. It seems like each time I need to do this it just gets worse and worse, I can't seem...
  4. Mail server settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Bitlocker encription

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker encription: Dear CarmackMy name is Aneesh, a college Assistant Professor from India. I really want you help to solve an incident happen last week to my laptop. My laptop had some battery charging issue and I have given for servicing to a local technician. He rectified it by repairing the...
  6. VM server trouble (server can't find the host name)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM server trouble (server can't find the host name): hello. i am trying to network two Virtual Box VM's and access a shared folder using \\hostname but it is not working. when i try to do this the windows network diagnostics tells me that windows can communicate with the name resolution server but can't find the host name....
  7. how to set up incoming and outgoing mail server port in windows 10 mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to set up incoming and outgoing mail server port in windows 10 mail app: hi i'm trying to add my rediffmail email account in windows 10 mail app but i cant find anywhere to put incomingpop3 and outgoingsmtp mail server port, please help...
  8. Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Server/Port settings for att.net emails: Have an att.email address. Outlook server/port info for inbound/outbound emails included POP3/att.net settings. Cannot now receive/send emails since ATT has changed inbound/outbound mail to be routed through yahoo.com. Need to keep my existing att.net address. Need to...
  9. encription use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    encription use: whats a good why of keeping unwanted file browsers from peeking at sensitive documents without makeing the files closed or hiden and a good way to keep track of changes and styles used....
  10. configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app

in Browsers and Email
    configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app: Is it possible to configure the Server Ports in the outlook e-mail app? I use AT&T for e-mail, and my mail account requires that I use server port 995 (incoming) and 465 (outgoing). I can create a new POP3 service for AT&T and setup everything up except the server ports...