Windows 10: Mail System error "Can't get mail"

Discus and support Mail System error "Can't get mail" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, First, please let me know if this is in the wrong place. I can't for the life of me seem to get the Mail app to work, despite making an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Charlie369, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Mail System error "Can't get mail"

Hi all,

First, please let me know if this is in the wrong place.

I can't for the life of me seem to get the Mail app to work, despite making an Outlook account (rather than my usual Yahoo! account) and several hours searching the web. I've put the error message in quote marks as I can't even seem to find that specific message on the web anywhere, just "Cannot" get mail.

I've tried removing all reference to the user on the PC, removing and re-installing the Mail app and nothing seems to work. Appreciate any help.

:)

Charlie369, Feb 1, 2016
  2. atikuruu Win User

5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Feb 1, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    my phone says " System Error " while i delete d broken images frm my phone memory...

Connect the Phone to PC and thru' Windows Explorer search for this file. If you find it Delete from there .. See if it works .

farby, Feb 1, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Mail System error "Can't get mail"

Hi Charlie and welcome *Smile

Lets first make sure that you have the basics set up correctly for Outlook in the W10 Mail app. Go into settings and select Manage Accounts.

Here is a screen shot of my Outlook Account settings page (with my email address removed).

Mail System error "Can't get mail" [​IMG]

Now select Change mailbox sync settings. Make sure that Email is ON at the very bottom.

Mail System error "Can't get mail" [​IMG]

These settings should ensure that you can get your mail.

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Settings are the same, although there's Sync options and the word Email and no slide button underneath.

Charlie369, Feb 2, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Scroll down until you reveal the slide button and then turn it on. If the slide button is missing I think that will be your problem. You may need to log in to the mail account via the outlook.com website to see what is going on.

philc43, Feb 2, 2016
  7. Found the scroll thing and it was on, as per your screenshot.

What would I look for there on the Outlook page? The problem is the same with Yahoo! mail also though, so I think the problem would be elsewhere?

Charlie369, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mail System error "Can't get mail"

1. Mail System error "Can't get mail" - Similar Threads - Mail System error

2. Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get Yahoo mail transfer over to Windows Live Mail: A couple of months ago transfer of Yahoo mail to Windows Live Mail became problematic, it has now stopped completely.I can no longer send or receive emails from Windows Live Mail.I am using:1 Google Chrome2 Windows Live Mail 20113 Windows 74 Yahoo+ mailArrrgh, any ideas...
  3. Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail

in Windows 10 News
    Mail app not working; System Error Can’t get mail: [ATTACH]The System Error Can’t get mail is one of the numerous issues like error code 0x8007139f, 0x80070490 PC users may encounter when trying to create or add mail accounts on the Mail app in Windows 11 or Windows 10. This post provides the most adequate solutions affected...
  4. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  5. Getting Mail on the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Mail on the Mail app: I changed my email in the Mail app. I am using Att/Yahoo. everything was working fine when i set up the mail account. When I changed my password, it is giving me an error code. I uninstalled the Mail app and reinstalled it and I am getting the same error code. Everything was...
  6. Mail system error for Cogeco E-Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail system error for Cogeco E-Mail: My Cogeco mail does not work. Cogeco is my server Running Windows 10 SHOWS SYSTEM ERROR Mail system error can't get mail Then it tells me! This thread is locked. How do I unlock this thread? Don't even know what a thread is....
  7. Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b

Can't sync mail to Mail App with error code 0x80000b: I tried to sync my gmail account to Mail App, but it turned out saying that 'something went wrong with error code 0x80000b'. When I tried to sync with my other gmail account, it works. However, there's only one email that it popped up with this error code. Could you...
  8. can't get e-mail

can't get e-mail: can't get e-mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/cant-get-e-mail/954839db-b113-48ae-a994-068c7803fa40
  9. "can't get e-mail".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "can't get e-mail".: All my e-mail accounts in Windows 10 Mail have "can't get e-mail" beside them. I am unable to access them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/cant-get-e-mail/8e3f3e98-fdc7-4fd9-9291-3bdf4fa3c7ed
  10. Not getting mail

in Browsers and Email
    Not getting mail: Just upgraded my HP 110 pc from windows 8 to windows 10...have linked all accounts. Have been getting things OK last week, but just cked my Cox ISP Webmail service and found several messages there that had not shown up in my Windows 10 mail. Why? How can I make sure I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system error cant get mail

2. error cant get mail in windows mail app

3. system error cant get mail windows 10

4. windows 10 mail system error cant get mail,
  5. windows mail error cant get mail,
  6. system error cant gmail,
  7. windows mail cant get mail,
  8. system error cant get mail oulook,
  9. mail system error cant get mail,
  10. cant get email system error