Windows 10: Mail will not open on my Surface 3

Discus and support Mail will not open on my Surface 3 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After doing a Windows Update, I am unable to open my mail. What should I do? ***Moved from Surface / Surface 3 / Install, update, and repair***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CatherineHC, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Mail will not open on my Surface 3

After doing a Windows Update, I am unable to open my mail. What should I do?

***Moved from Surface / Surface 3 / Install, update, and repair***

:)

CatherineHC, Jul 18, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Mail will not open on my Surface 3

Surface 3 Mail app not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot email:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...communication/troubleshoot-mail?os=windows-10

Install and uninstall apps on Surface: Try to uninstall and re-install the app from the Store.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...tore/install-and-uninstall-apps?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Mail will not open on my Surface 3

1. Mail will not open on my Surface 3 - Similar Threads - Mail open Surface

2. My surface is not turning on only opens to surface UEFI, surface book 3,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My surface is not turning on only opens to surface UEFI, surface book 3,: this had been happening for a couple of days so, firs i tried changing boot configuration order and tried botting without it being locker, and none of that worked, i also do not have any like taskbar or functionalities like that and I'm unsure if it is connected to the...
  3. My surface is not turning on only opens to surface UEFI, surface book 3,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface is not turning on only opens to surface UEFI, surface book 3,: this had been happening for a couple of days so, firs i tried changing boot configuration order and tried botting without it being locker, and none of that worked, i also do not have any like taskbar or functionalities like that and I'm unsure if it is connected to the...
  4. My surface is not turning on only opens to surface UEFI, surface book 3,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My surface pro 3 will not print.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My surface pro 3 will not print.: Our Surface Pro will not print. The message on the screen is "computer offline". Not sure where to start to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-pro-3-will-not-print/a9d8d568-67ea-4e45-9364-241be288ab65
  6. Surface Laptop 3

Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  7. my surface 3 cant rotate

in Windows 10 Customization
    my surface 3 cant rotate: can u help me to solve my problem... my my surface 3 cant rotate and why my rotate button also disappear form my surface setting. tq https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-surface-3-cant-rotate/60d8282c-ac04-4c85-8f76-d59f08cf95f0
  8. surface pro 3

surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  9. W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3)

in Browsers and Email
    W10 mail app - how to show 3 columns (Surface 3): Hi, I have two tablets: Lenovo yoga 700 (11in) Surface 3 (10.8in) Why does my mail app on the surface not show the email preview column, (furthest right). Instead when I select an email it brings it up on full screen. Both tablets are running the same version ,...
  10. The Surface family expands with the Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    The Surface family expands with the Surface 3: vPto6XpRq-U Today, the Surface Team has announced their thinnest and lightest Surface yet: the Surface 3. The Surface 3 borrows a lot of awesomeness from its big brother the Surface Pro 3 – like its design and the use of premium materials – but is more compact at only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. email will not open on surface