Windows 10: Mailto Links

Discus and support Mailto Links in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail? Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by carrotmuseum, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Mailto Links

Win 10 Ms Edge (and Chrome) How do I make mailto links in websites point to Gmail?

Currently every time I click a mailto it gives a choice of Gmail or Outlook. I wish it default to Gmail, and if possible not the app but the program.

:)

carrotmuseum, Aug 30, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Error message

OK, I think you are clicking on a Email link and if you do not have a mail client like MS Outlook installed, Windows does not know how to open a mailto link. Most users nowadays open email in their Web browser but this is not the same as having a mail client
    installed . . .

Each browser handles mailto links differently, your best option is to google your browser name and the mailto handler

For example 'how to set mailto handler in Chrome'

DaveM121, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Mailto does not open

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. We are sorry for the delay in response.

We are not supposed to recommend any mailto links. It seems that the mailto link which you are trying to open might be corrupt. I suggest you to try with other mailto links and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance regarding Windows 10, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Mailto Links

1. Mailto Links - Similar Threads - Mailto Links

2. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  3. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  4. How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?

How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?: Hello,I'm just trying to disable the mailto function on my computer, all the solution I tried online didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-any-app-from-opening-mailto-links/bac35817-26b5-4add-ad49-e2de9f89ab5a
  5. How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?: Hello,I'm just trying to disable the mailto function on my computer, all the solution I tried online didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-any-app-from-opening-mailto-links/bac35817-26b5-4add-ad49-e2de9f89ab5a
  6. Mailto app is being automatically launched multiple times every minute

Mailto app is being automatically launched multiple times every minute: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 and see a bizarre error. The mailto app is being launched constantly launched again and again. I am not able to tell what is causing this behavior. I tried following the process tree to see what launched the app but the process tree ends at...
  7. Windows 11: Set e-mail program for mailto links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Set e-mail program for mailto links: Hi.I cannot set Thundbird as the default program for opening MAILTO links e.g. found on websites. I tried the guide linked below, but Thunderbird just does not show up on the list. It does show up on the general list of installed apps. It just does not show on the list for...
  8. Windows 11: Set e-mail program for mailto links

Windows 11: Set e-mail program for mailto links: Hi.I cannot set Thundbird as the default program for opening MAILTO links e.g. found on websites. I tried the guide linked below, but Thunderbird just does not show up on the list. It does show up on the general list of installed apps. It just does not show on the list for...
  9. Just copy email links to clipboard!!?? Click mailto: links and copy email as default email...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just copy email links to clipboard!!?? Click mailto: links and copy email as default email...: Sometimes grabbing an email address from an app, website, etc is difficult. When clicking on the link Windows 10 will default to opening your default mail application. Is there an application (open source or otherwise) that would simply copy the email address to the...
  10. question about mailto links on websites

in Browsers and Email
    question about mailto links on websites: When I click on a mailto link on a website it opens my default mail client which is Outlook but the from address is a email address I won't have in 2 weeks how do to change that in windows 10. not the client but the default from email address that is already selected when I...