Windows 10: Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Discus and support Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi good afternoon. I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milton, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Milton Win User

Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Hi good afternoon.

I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850 gigabytes free.....at least that what was displayed yesterday.

There is absolutely no way that I have used 830 gigabytes since yesterday.

Help!

:)

Milton, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson Win User

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 31, 2018
  3. realtravisbrown92 Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Sir B. Fannybottom Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't - Similar Threads - Main hard drive

2. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app isn't saving to C: drive: I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos...
  3. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...
  4. Windows corrupt, main hard drive partition not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows corrupt, main hard drive partition not detected: I have Windows 10-64 bit (version 1607 build 14393.1944). Upon starting my pc, I am getting the following error on a blue screen in white font. Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000e...
  5. C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    C Drive is FULL: Need Help Expanding: C Drive is Full. Need to add space. See attached photo of Drives. [img] I have deleted unused programs, files and System Restore. One partition is 20GB WINDOW Recovery SYSTEM. ADOBE Photoshop Scratch Disk Partition can be Decreased in size or removed. 55498
  6. Hard drive is full, but of what?

Hard drive is full, but of what?: I just reinstalled Windows 10 a week ago, because I was having all kinds of problems with a black screen. Maybe some of you read my post about my old boot disk coming up blank. But now I have the opposite problem: when I installed Windows 7 the second time, I used a different...
  7. C drive is full and I'm running out of options

C drive is full and I'm running out of options: Well I have been dealing with never ending loss of space on my c drive for years and now I'm finally at a loss. My setup is a ASUS ET2411IUTI-B002C with windows 10 installed. The c drive is 80 gb and the d drive 850 gb. I have tried changing the partition but no space to do...
  8. Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full

Reinstalled Windows 10 - Drive Appears Full: So I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer. Both of my hard drives appeared to still be full but there is really nothing in them. Did some research online. I think the Windows.old folder is the key. Was able to remove that folder from my 'main drive'. That freed up space....
  9. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...
  10. deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    deleted folder keeps appearing in C:/ Drive: "temp" folder being created in "C' drive when windows start but its empty! how to get rid of it? https://i.imgur.com/HD2fRpt.jpg its not usually there. 99690