Windows 10: Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Discus and support Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi good afternoon. I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milton, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Milton Win User

Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Hi good afternoon.

I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850 gigabytes free.....at least that what was displayed yesterday.

There is absolutely no way that I have used 830 gigabytes since yesterday.

Help!

:)

Milton, Aug 31, 2018
  2. Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson Win User

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 31, 2018
  3. realtravisbrown92 Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Sir B. Fannybottom Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't - Similar Threads - Main hard drive

2. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...
  3. Drive C getting Full automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive C getting Full automatically: i've noticed that my C Drive (which windows is installed on it) gets filled every minute automatically without me downloading or doing anything let me explain a situation so you can understand exactly what i mean : i don't turn off my PC because i work with it almost 18 hours...
  4. Backslash isn't appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backslash isn't appearing: So backslash is not appearing for me. If I press the key nothing happens, but the key works as when I shift press to get pipe( | ) it works perfectly. Even when I use the virtual keyboard it does not allow me to input backslash. I have also tried remapping the key to...
  5. my hard drive said full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive said full: the hard drive said full. said to delete apps ,so I did .now nothing opens FILES .WHAT COMES UP IS CAN NOT FINE FILES .?WHAT DO I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-said-full/94016524-5edc-48ab-bc91-99c782c86a8b
  6. RE: C: Drive is almost full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: C: Drive is almost full: Hello Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions one being which is the best option for cleaning the device without loosing personal files and settings. I know there are a few...
  7. Camera app isn't saving to C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app isn't saving to C: drive: I'm trying to use the camera app on windows 10 to take photos through a webcam. The app originally worked fine, however, now the app won't save photos (or videos) to the C: drive but will save to other drives (recovery and USB etc.) when I adjust the drive to which photos...
  8. Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Random Folders Appearing on the C:\ Drive: I have a few Windows 10 systems with clean installs (not upgraded) whose C:\ drives are filling up with random hex named folders; over 50K of them. From what I have read, this could be related to temporary update folders, but they are not being deleted. The folders are named...
  9. Hard drive is full, but of what?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive is full, but of what?: I just reinstalled Windows 10 a week ago, because I was having all kinds of problems with a black screen. Maybe some of you read my post about my old boot disk coming up blank. But now I have the opposite problem: when I installed Windows 7 the second time, I used a different...
  10. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...