Windows 10: Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Discus and support Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi good afternoon. I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Milton, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Milton Win User

Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Hi good afternoon.

I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850 gigabytes free.....at least that what was displayed yesterday.

There is absolutely no way that I have used 830 gigabytes since yesterday.

Help!

:)

Milton, Aug 31, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 31, 2018
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

1. Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't - Similar Threads - Main hard drive

2. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  3. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  5. SSD C drive is almost full.

SSD C drive is almost full.: I have bought an PC just a month ago and it has windows update today and my SSD C: drive is almost full. but also have HDD D: drive, which is empty.What to do?Thank You....
  6. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  7. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  8. drive c is almost full

9. hard drive full but almost no apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive full but almost no apps: I just tried to download an app but it failed so I checked my space and it says I have used over 200 gigabytes I went through and calculated what I should have and it is less than 20 gigabytes Please Help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] these are my largest apps PLEASE HELP...
  10. RE: C: Drive is almost full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: C: Drive is almost full: Hello Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions one being which is the best option for cleaning the device without loosing personal files and settings. I know there are a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive almost full but it isnt

2. ssd storage almost full but it isnt