Windows 10: Major Windows Tp problem

Discus and support Major Windows Tp problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing technical preview, I was asked to setup an account to log in. Not wanting to do all the gruesome forms. I clicked use another option.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marcus, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Marcus Win User

Major Windows Tp problem

After installing technical preview, I was asked to setup an account to log in. Not wanting to do all the gruesome forms. I clicked use another option. It went something like use current/old/local account. After doing so it asked me to put in a password. I never set a password in the first place. I tried every password on earth I knew. Nada. I also got notifications say my login method was not allowed and I should contact an administrator. I am administrator. There is no option to redo the setup or go back. I'm locked out. Basically the PC is bricked. I can't pull up safe mode either. My only option is to redo it by booting from USB. Please fix thid anyone or help me. I also attempted shift restart. All options listed (start up options, cmd, refresh) need administrator. Problem is, there is no admin account because I CANT LOG ON. this is really getting on my nerves.

:)

Marcus, Nov 24, 2014

2. How to get free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 10 TP?

Hi Andrei,

thanks for your suggestion, but I will try my luck with second option, as long as it is possible to upgrade from TP to RTM, since I had not experience any major issue with every build of TP.

And I'm agree with Dennis, if I can installed the Win 10 TP means that I have the correct Win 8.x license, there is no point that I should start the process from beginning.

Ferry Huang, Nov 24, 2014
  3. Pbike908 Win User
    Windows 10 TP 10159 Deleted all my Apps including store

Roll back not possible.

Is it not possible to manually add the store???

If not, then will have to install 10130 ISO or way for new 10158 or 10159 ISO. I have done using Windows 10 TP since January. This is the first major hiccup I have encountered.

Pbike908, Nov 24, 2014
  4. Major Windows Tp problem

During the install you would have been prompted to enter a username and password, even for a local account. If you left the password field blank the first time around, leave it blank now and see what happens. Your account is a member of the administrators group, that doesn't make it the administrator. That message is a canned response anyway, you'd get the same message no matter what account you logged in with.

alphanumeric, Nov 25, 2014
Thema:

Major Windows Tp problem

1. Major Windows Tp problem - Similar Threads - Major problem

2. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!: I was almost finished editing a feature-length student film and the Wondershare app updated...completely wrecking my project. I'm supposed to show it on Saturday and the customer service seems like a total scam, sending me in circles on the site, in the chat, and on the...
  3. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!: I was almost finished editing a feature-length student film and the Wondershare app updated...completely wrecking my project. I'm supposed to show it on Saturday and the customer service seems like a total scam, sending me in circles on the site, in the chat, and on the...
  4. Major problem with Wondershare Filmora update HELP!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System: Why does Microsoft tech support have this MAJOR issue locked "How to fix Very High Power Usage in Task Manager?" while the problem continues to exist!! Locking the issue is not a fix. Let's try fixing it. Thank you....
  6. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System: Why does Microsoft tech support have this MAJOR issue locked "How to fix Very High Power Usage in Task Manager?" while the problem continues to exist!! Locking the issue is not a fix. Let's try fixing it. Thank you....
  7. MAJOR problem with Very High Power Usage in Task Manager from Windows System

8. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  9. Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Causing MAJOR & SERIOUS PROBLEMS: I purchased a high-end PC in April, 2023 with Windows 11 Pro. From the outset, Windows 11 has been causing screens is apps particularly Excel & Quicken, to open and close by themselves, browsers FireFox, Edge, & Chrome to open & close by themselves, and general going haywire...
  10. 2 MAJOR Problems. Display driver amdwddmg stops responging, also now getting BCOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 MAJOR Problems. Display driver amdwddmg stops responging, also now getting BCOD...: Hello guys, thanks for taking the time to read this. It's going to take me forever to type because my display keeps going black and then comes back. Event Viewer shows Source: DisplayEvent ID: 4101It also says this: Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has...