Windows 10: Major Windows Update Problems

Discus and support Major Windows Update Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lgentry, Apr 1, 2015.

1. lgentry Win User

Major Windows Update Problems

For the last 3 builds I have had major windows update issues. I have the same problem on 2 Win10 machines. Its not my network because all my Windows 8.1 machines update just fine. I have done multiple clean installs. When I do a clean install windows update will run one time but is so slow that it takes hours to download windows defender definitions. Thereafter windows update throws out an error (different ones)or it will just sit there checking for updates for hours without any results.
    I've tried the troubleshooter without any result. I'm pretty tech savvy and fix computers for a living but this is about to drive me nuts. I've fixed every kind of update issue in other versions of Windows but I cannot use normal troubleshooting in Win10 like renaming software distribution, etc because to do so I have to get into safe mode and safe mode doesn't work either. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

lgentry, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Beersmith Win User

Windows 10 update KB4056892: Major problems

Running Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

Build 16299.125

AMD Athlon 64x2 5200+

4 GB installed RAM

At restart or power on/off windows attempts to install update KB4056892. This causes my machine to lock up on the black screen / blue window. The progress indicator is not visible, the machine becomes completely unresponsive. It will sit in this condition
    indefinitely, until I force a reboot.

Windows then attempts diagnosis / automatic repair before reporting repair failed, and offering further options. At this point I can get my machine working again by a full system restore. This process is taking about forty minutes to get my machine useable
    at each power on or restart.

However, windows automatically checks for updates, then downloads KB4056892 in the background and sets it ready to install on restart (Requires restart to finish installing). So the process simply repeats.

When my machine has been through system restore KB4056892 as it is not yet installed, but it is queued ready to finalise installation. I have attempted to prevent installation by downloading and using Microsoft wushowhide.diag. This did not prevent windows
    repeating the attempted installation.

This update has put my machine into a condition where it is barely usable, and is causing major inconvenience. I appreciate the value of updates, especially for security purposes but I am seeking a reliable way to temporarily prevent this update.

Can anyone provide any advice?

Beersmith, Apr 1, 2015
  3. Windows 10 update KB4056892: Major problems

How did you restore? When I tried, it said there were no restore points, although I'm pretty sure it was enabled before the update. I can't say it was on for sure because restore has turned itself off after some previous updates.

I backed up my system drive every day by using Control Panel > Backup And Restore (Windows 7) to create an image of my C: drive on a NAS, but when I tried to load that it gave me different errors. I am on a different machine now and can't get the error
    numbers.

synapse_beta_sub_16, Apr 1, 2015
Thema:

Major Windows Update Problems

1. Major Windows Update Problems - Similar Threads - Major Update Problems

2. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  3. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates Causing Major Problems Again?: A few weeks ago, a MS update caused crashes/freezes/slowdowns on my HP notebook. But yesterday's update 1/2/2023 caused far worse problems. I was cleaning and inspecting the notebook with Revo Uninstaller Pro tools and Windows tools which rarely cause serious issues....
  4. Updates Causing Major Problems Again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update stuck at 61% - MAJOR PROBLEM

Windows Update stuck at 61% - MAJOR PROBLEM: Hello all, Everyday for 2 months now I've been trying to install windows 10 update 2004 and it stops at 61% after no reboots, setupdiag returns no identifiable reason. There are numerous threads on this issue, all with no resolution:...
  6. Major problem with Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem with Windows 10 2004 update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MGSSC [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hehbwi/major_problem_with_windows_10_2004_update/
  7. Major problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major problem.: Windows can't sign into my account although I have been using it for 3+years. I have tried almost every solution I could find on the internet and restarted my pc several times. It just keeps on logging me into a temporary user profile and repeats that it's unable to sign in...
  8. Windows Update - Major Problem!

Windows Update - Major Problem!: Hi, I've been getting messages in Windows 10 for a couple of months to complete an update before November or I will fall out of support. I have attempted A few times without success and decided to try again today. I triggered to update, at around 24% the machine restarted...
  9. Major problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major problem: amazon says I have been hacked by North Korea they say only micro soft can fix and they want 500 dollars what can I do please help me 112044
  10. Major Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Major Update Problems: The last major update (early December) downloaded and installed without errors or problems. Upon starting the PC the following day, I found extra icons on my desktop, start menu with extra icons, and many apps that I had previous remove reinstalled. But worst of all, all my...