Windows 10: Make 10 look like XP?

Discus and support Make 10 look like XP? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anybody find anything to make 10 look like XP? 4852 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by d2123cross, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Make 10 look like XP?

Anybody find anything to make 10 look like XP?

:)

d2123cross, Mar 21, 2015

2. Can I make windows 10 look like XP like windows 7 allows me to do ?

This 63 year-old agrees with you completely. I've taken the ride with Windows from 95 on. Thousands of buggy updates that wasted months of my life. Resisted the move away from my flip phone to a smartphone until just a couple years ago. Take solace, as
    I do, that most likely because of those flawed and constant updates, I wouldn't even look at a smartphone that had windows installed and evidently tens of millions felt the same way cuz they can't give away a phone with Microsoft Windows on it! They're damn
    lucky there's no such thing as an Android computer

tammytomely, Mar 21, 2015
  3. Can I make windows 10 look like XP like windows 7 allows me to do ?

Hi Mac,

• When you say, "window looks like windows XP" what exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to any specific view or settings?
    Please be informed that, Windows 10 interface is completely different from Windows XP. Windows 10 offers a number of benefits over its predecessors, including improved boot and wake-from-sleep times, the ability to run Universal apps, the Cortana voice assistant
    and Xbox game streaming. Unfortunately, we cannot make windows 10 look like XP.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Make 10 look like XP?

5. d2123cross, Apr 9, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
  7. d2123cross, Apr 10, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

Make 10 look like XP?

For the most part yes. I haven't tried any theming on 10 yet. When it is final you should have more options.

9. I have the classic theme installed from Windows 7, but it is not as Good as it should look.

d2123cross, Apr 10, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Your best bet for theming is go to Deviant Art and pick a complete theme.
    Things to watch out for is before downloading:
    • Are you looking for a skin or a theme? Look for "Visual Styles" XP for 8.1(until 10 RTM comes out) there might be some glitches here and there but you can play around for now.
    • For Windows 10 right now you can try one for Windows 8.1(It worked for me)
    • Is it zip or RAR (use 7 zip it can open both)
    • Make sure the artist has comments turned on(if they are turned off & doesn't allow comments, that should be a warn signal)
    • Read ALL comments through
    • Best is pick one that has a brief description of install instructions(more thorough come with the download)
    • After downloading check the file with your Anti Virus and (Very Very highly recommended Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and I always check it a third time using Windows MRT scanner( Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) justtype in search MRT.
    • If everything comes up clean, before you start skinning---MAKE A SYSTEM IMAGE!!!!!! and make sure it can reimage...
    Here is one that does a good XP
    Another one to look at

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2015
  11. Thanks for the links and list of things to look for! I will get back to you on how this works out.

d2123cross, Apr 10, 2015
  12. Dude Win User
    d23123cross, also look at eightforums in the custom threads. A lot of the info posted there may work with 10

13. Make 10 look like XP?

Will do! Thank you

d2123cross, Apr 10, 2015
  14. Couldn't I make a system restore point instead? I don't have enough room for another system image on my external HD.

d2123cross, Apr 10, 2015
  15. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. Just remember it's like with ALL software-"Think before you click". Also if you run into problems installing a visual style just post here I'm subscribed and maybe can help. If you haven't done it before it can seem daunting. Moving dll's placing theme folders to Windows/Resources/themes...etc.
    Also as a side note: when you use Windows update after installing a theme, if it isn't just for defender and will require a reboot, change to a windows default theme before rebooting... some updates especially those for Internet Explorer can cause a black screen(not good) because of the changes to winsxs and dll's. You can reactivate the theme after. Also Visual Styles use something called
    UXstyle that patches the system, and if you run sfc /scannow(system file checker) it will reset the patches, so you will just have to run Uxstyle again to re activate your theme. ok?

Cliff S, Apr 10, 2015
Thema:

Make 10 look like XP?