Windows 10: make a folder

Discus and support make a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to add a folder here: [img] by using [img] ? I can't get the ribbon to work! Is there an update that makes it work. John*Smile 32605 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RBCC, Dec 3, 2015.

1. RBCC Win User

make a folder

I am trying to add a folder here:
    make a folder [​IMG]
    by using
    make a folder [​IMG]
    ? I can't get the ribbon to work! Is there an update that makes it work. John*Smile

:)

RBCC, Dec 3, 2015
  2. Broaln Win User

How do I make images in a folder the folder icon automatically?

I have a collection of music, and I want the album covers I have in the folders I have to be the folder icon instead of the folder icon.

How do I make windows do this automatically?

Broaln, Dec 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    How do I make images in a folder the folder icon automatically?

Broaln, there is no automatic way to do this, Windows File Explorer can only set a .ico file as the icon on a folder !!

DaveM121, Dec 3, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

make a folder

Hi, can you specify the problem a little more?
    - does nothing happen when you click 'New Folder'
    - do you get any sort of message?
    - what happens when you right click in a blank area there?
    - can you post the Security properties sheet for each user (group) for drive/partition I:
    - do you have any difficulty creating a new folder on any other drive/partition?

Thanks

dalchina, Dec 3, 2015
  5. RBCC Win User
    Nothing happens when I click "new folder"
    Ive not recieved any sort of a message
    Nothing happens when I right click the area in question
    Yes if I try to create a folder in any drive
    make a folder [​IMG]

RBCC, Dec 3, 2015
  6. RBCC Win User
    Here are some more screen shots!

RBCC, Dec 3, 2015
  7. Atomic77 Win User
    There must be something really wrong with your pc if it can't make a folder. I know if you right click anywhere under this pc in the empty space it should open a little window and then you scroll down to new and there should be a thing that says folder. Its very Easy Peezy.

Atomic77, Dec 3, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

make a folder

Hi, Administrators looks ok, System probably ok (Full control, not shown, should be ticked),

If I look at this for a partition of my HDD (rather than an external USB disk which I assume I isn't) I don't see Everyone or Creator Owner.

I see 4:
    Authenticated users, System, Administrators, Users

Suggest it's a permissions problem.. I think you said you can create a new folder on other partitions.. compare permissions with those and post back.

If you're not interested in the contents, just reformat that partition, else save anything you want and reformat.

Thanks

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

make a folder

1. make a folder - Similar Threads - folder

2. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  3. HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! I plugged in Android/extract the photos put it in a folder on the desktop/ opened now...: I have no idea what to do I thought I could figure this out but I haven't been on the computer since Windows 7 my phone is about had it so I'm trying to extract valuable audio pictures etc I plug it in I saved what I could in a folder for some reason I was thinking if I put...
  4. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  5. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  6. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  7. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  8. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  9. Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop

Downloads Appearing In Downloads Folder And On Desktop: Hi,I had to reinstall W11 a few days ago and, since then, my downloads are appearing in downloads folder and on desktop. If I delete the files from the desktop, they delete from the downloads folder too.I have browsed the Forum and tried a few suggested fixes for similar...
  10. How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive

How do I have some folders stored locally only and NOT on onedrive: Hello,I have some software that stores files in Documents/*******how do i stop these from syncing and only have them saved on my PC?this extremely annoying I cant run this software without onedrive syncing and its a huge amount of data that does not need to be backed up and...