Windows 10: Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

Discus and support Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you make a shortcut (on my desktop) always Run as a Administrator ? Thanks for any help with this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Pincus, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

How do you make a shortcut (on my desktop) always Run as a Administrator ?

Thanks for any help with this

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Aug 15, 2018
  2. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Joe9090 Win User
    Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Aug 15, 2018
  4. wh0pper28 Win User

Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

Run as Administrator in Windows 10

Hello,

I have followed your steps as instructed to effectively create key entries for both Command Prompt, and Registry Editor. Registry Editor usually opens with administrator privileges although I was hoping this registry edit would bypass the UAC prompt, and the command line simply opens as usual, not as elevated. I know I could create a shortcut for cmd and create a scheduled task to run as administrator or even select the 'Run as Administrator' checkbox within the shortcuts advanced properties but again I was hoping this would too bypass the UAC prompt when using the direct application path, and not a shortcut. Am I missing something?

Regards

wh0pper28, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator

1. Make a Shortcut Always Run as a Administrator - Similar Threads - Shortcut Always Run

2. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  3. Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to always run cmd as administrator?: In 99% of cases, I need to run CMD as an administrator. But I have to search for it and then click on the option to Run as administrator. When I click directly on the name or simply press ENTER, it won't start as administrator. Is it possible to set cmd not to be run other...
  4. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  5. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut: I have a desktop shortcut for a program called Garmin. I checked the properties & it is linked to the correct directory & execution file. However, nothing happens when I click on it. It only loads if I "run as administrator". Does anyone know why? Thanks!...
  6. Have to run as administrator for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. make a shortcut to Run as a different user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    make a shortcut to Run as a different user: The company I work for has a group policy setting that makes it so that "run as administrator" doesn't work when I'm logged in as a normal user. I don't get prompted to enter a username and password for my "T2" admin account.However, I can shift-right-click on something and...
  8. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  9. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349
  10. Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Running as Administrator from Startup shortcut?: Up until now one of my programs has always run on booting up. Its shortcut is in my Startup folder. I have now re-configured the shortcut to 'Run as Administrator', for all users. It works correctly when d-clicked manually. But it no longer starts on startup. Is that to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shortcut advanced properties run as admin check on desktop via registry