Windows 10: Make a Windows Update shortcut?

Discus and support Make a Windows Update shortcut? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'd like to have an icon or shortcut to Windows Update, preferably in the Start Window. Currently I have to type "Update" in search to get there. 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TV2, Feb 8, 2016.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Make a Windows Update shortcut?

I'd like to have an icon or shortcut to Windows Update, preferably in the Start Window.

Currently I have to type "Update" in search to get there. 3 steps, very clunky.

In Windows 7 we had a link in the Start > Programs Menu. Something like that.

:)

2. cararta Win User

make a windows recovery disc and a back up on a USB drive instead of a disc?

How to make a

Windows recovery disc and a back up

on a USB drive instead of a disc?

There is something(?) on my PC

stored on drive D that was partitioned from the original drive C

Is there a way to copy this to a USB drive and

will it do the recovery job?

In case you need to reinstall Windows 10.. (from the free download) on my previous

Windows 7 Pro software?

cararta, Feb 8, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    make a windows recovery disc and a back up on a USB drive instead of a disc?

Hi Cararta, do you mean you want to create bootable Windows 10 Installation Media, in case you ever need to reinstall Windows 10?

If s0, click this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...

to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

DaveM121, Feb 8, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Mean left click start menu select Settings and click Update &Security is still to long of a process. To me way Windows update is on Windows 10 what is use having it so quickly accessible ?

jds63, Feb 8, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Use this tutorial
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Use Option One
    excerpt ..............
    #5 . If you like, you can Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

P.S. I used this tutorial and I extracted the zip file to the desktop. Now I have a Windows Update desktop shortcut.

Make a Windows Update shortcut? [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  6. tracit99 Win User
    tracit99, Feb 8, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Just right click Update in the settings app to pin it to start menu

Cliff S, Feb 8, 2016
  8. WHS
    whs Win User

Hmm, Cliff beat me by 3 seconds, LOL.*Thumbs

9. jds63 Win User
    Didn't he want it on desktop, not in start menu ?

jds63, Feb 8, 2016
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Well that was easy! Thanks all.

I was trying to right click everywhere BUT there!

11. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    No, I wanted it in Start, not desktop.

12. jds63 Win User
    O.k. because someone else was showing that to and i thought that is where you wanted the shortcut.

jds63, Feb 8, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

That's why I gave you the link to the tutorial.
    The tutorial offers more ways than just pin to start.

Now that you have your question answered, please mark this thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 8, 2016
  14. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    The NSA did it for me!

Thema:

1. Make a Windows Update shortcut? - Similar Threads - Update shortcut

2. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  3. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  4. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

in Cortana
    Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2: After reading through numerous related questions about Windows Search no longer functioning after installing Windows 10 Version 22H2 update, I finally found a working solution. note I am running Windows 10 ProTo summarize the issue I had experienced:After delaying updates, I...
  6. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2: After reading through numerous related questions about Windows Search no longer functioning after installing Windows 10 Version 22H2 update, I finally found a working solution. note I am running Windows 10 ProTo summarize the issue I had experienced:After delaying updates, I...
  7. Finally fixed Search function and Window Key Shortcut after Updated to Windows 22H2

8. Windows 11 - moving default folder locations - Documents shortcut won't update

Windows 11 - moving default folder locations - Documents shortcut won't update: I have a distributed configuration on my system, with OS on one SSD, files documents, video, etc. on another. This has served me well, especially when upgrading.So I recently built a new machine and added a new M.2 drive for Windows 11, keeping my SATA SSDs for files. After...
  9. Windows 11 - moving default folder locations - Documents shortcut won't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - moving default folder locations - Documents shortcut won't update: I have a distributed configuration on my system, with OS on one SSD, files documents, video, etc. on another. This has served me well, especially when upgrading.So I recently built a new machine and added a new M.2 drive for Windows 11, keeping my SATA SSDs for files. After...
  10. Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did my programs and shortcuts disappear with the last windows 10 update?: When I did the last upgrade for Windows 10 most of my programs disappeared. Some show asking "owned" in Windows store, but all the short cuts are gone....