Windows 10: Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

Discus and support Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Newer games are offering less and less saving options and when you hit a bug in the right place you can lose 20 hours of play time...... So I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

Newer games are offering less and less saving options and when you hit a bug in the right place you can lose 20 hours of play time......

So I need to backup a folder every 5-10 minutes into separate rar/zip archives with a time stamp, are there any programs that offer something like that?.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 26, 2017

2. need help sending message on 6110

Remove the battery for 10min or more & check. If it does not solve your problem make a backup & reset it by entering this code *#7370#

android---01, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Backing up nokia e61i with PC suite problem

How long time did you guys wait ? My backup file is 80MB and it takes a loooong time in that phase (10mins...?) and then it is finished all of a sudden. Making backup is a good thing, but it certainly is not fast.

manta---01, Jun 26, 2017
  4. Mystere Win User

Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

How much data are you talking about? If it's a large bit of data, it will take longer than 10 minutes to compress it, and it will drain your CPU so your game will probably not run well.

Mystere, Jun 26, 2017
  5. 200-700kb, under a meg basically. I am 70% sure its the save folder(most newer steam games use the game number and the save int he steam folder not in app ata, or my games/docs,ect) LOL I can test it out later I just never ran across a simple program that would make archive copies of a folder with a time stamp if a program is running, Dark Souls series has a few save unities made for them but I'd rather not reverse engineer command line stuff, I'd rather try and find a program first.

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 26, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Macrium (paid version), Acronis and probably most backup software can schedule backups of files/folders using VSS so they can be backed up while in use.

v5: How to Backup Files and Folders using Macrium Reflect (File and Folder, v5)

Acronis True Image: Troubleshooting Nonstop Backup | Knowledge Base

Whether you could actually restore them and carry on with the game I don't know. Most likely it wouldn't work as some of the state of the game would be in memory and not written to disk. Therefore it wouldn't be backed up and if you restored such a backup you'd be starting from an unknown state really. It wouldn't be the same as making a save when the state of the game is saved to disk in a consistent state.

7. Tho the up side of saving every 5 min half the saves should be fine but ya if a backup happens as a save is in progress it’s going to create a bad file. Syncback pro can watch a folder for changes and make a backup but I have no clue how to make it do copies of a backup. I cannot get versioning to work on destination folder so I am looking elsewhere while trying to figure it out.

Also the site is slow as heck every time I log in, but if I am not logged in and have my cache clear on FF,Chrome and edge I can browse fine but when I log in and browser or post it takes 10 times longer. Is this a known bug? I am using goggle my DNS that might be it.

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min

1. Make backup archiveS of a folder every 10min - Similar Threads - backup archiveS folder

2. Command prompt popping up every 10mins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command prompt popping up every 10mins: Please help. Recently, a command prompt windows has been popping up every 10 minutes; odd thing is, based on my observations, it only pops up every XX:X0, example: 23:30, 12:40, 07:10, and basically every tenth. I managed to see the title bar of the prompt and it's directory...
  3. Computer keeps BSOD every 5-10mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps BSOD every 5-10mins: I ran the Driver Verifier and here is a link to my past 3 DMP fileshttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1gxHl32EJKTeCaoITbLOoNVn1hk7O2xn_/view?usp=sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-bsod-every-5-10mins/34f34be3-f458-4c89-830f-56e1aa9ff2a4
  4. Archive the backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Archive the backup: I wish to reinitialize my Back-Up, external USB 3, drive. For now, I don't want to lose any of the old backup sets, win 7. What would be the best Procedure? Burning to optical, copying to another removable media, ??? ?...
  5. wifi disconnecting in every 5-10mins

wifi disconnecting in every 5-10mins: laptop - hp pavillion g4 1303au os- windows 10 pro june update wifi- Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter i tried changing windows 7,8,8.1,10,10 pro did all driver methods did power management settings disable bluetooth etc but this problem is not ready to...
  6. How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you sort by date of creation of archives and folders that was copied/backup from...: So, I moved a ton of folders from one drive to another to make a backup. And now I need to sort them by date of creation, but all of them have the same date, can't use any additional 'Date sort type' because they also have all the same date from when I copied them. Is there a...
  7. Accessing Archived mail folders

Accessing Archived mail folders: Hi - don't know if anyone can help or even if there is a workaround. I have had the same hotmail account for years but since changing to Mail for Windows I cant link to the old archived .pst folders that I saved. I used to be able to simply click and then pick up the...
  8. how to acces my archived folder

how to acces my archived folder: I have accidently archived emails which were intended for other folders. how can I access the archived folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-acces-my-archived-folder/5754fb94-449e-4790-a343-6e6693b594e4"
  9. Make Open Archive the default for 7Zip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Open Archive the default for 7Zip: I have the 7zip software program. When I double click a file ending in .7z, all that happens is something flashes & disappears. I can right click the file, choose Open Archive & it will open. I would like that to be the default. When I look in File Types Manager, all I see...
  10. Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Backup a folder on D drive to OneDrive, every week?: Hello, I have a folder on my D Drive. And also have my OneDrive folder on my D drive. How can I backup this folder on my D drive to my Outlook every week? Like if I make changes to the files in that folder, those files should get uploaded to OneDrive each week. 134434