Windows 10: Make computer not discoverable on network ?

Discus and support Make computer not discoverable on network ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just connected to a network, and when prompted if I want other computers to be able to find this one, I clicked 'yes' by mistake. How can I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marron, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Make computer not discoverable on network ?

I just connected to a network, and when prompted if I want other computers to be able to find this one, I clicked 'yes' by mistake. How can I change that to 'no' ?

:)

Marron, Sep 14, 2015

2. Computer cannot see itself and other computers cannot see it

Hi,

Do the following steps and see if it will help make "Computer C" discoverable to other PCs and devices on the Network:

1. Go to Settings/Network & Internet/Wi-Fi.

2. On the Wi-Fi screen, select Manage known networks/the network connection you want to change/Properties, and then turn on the switch under
    Make this PC discoverable.

Thanks.

Rolando Vil, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Sam___ Win User
    file sharing on 3 Win10 computers --- something is wrong --- should be EASY

Hi JW5341,

Have you confirmed all computers are on a "private" network. It looks like it "Computer C" is probably not.

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre

Under the active networks it should have "Private network" and home group status should be "Ready to create".

Additionally please make sure that your PC is set to discoverable or NetBIOS will not work.

PC Settings > Network and Internet > Ethernet/WiFi

Change to make this PC Discoverable.

Let us know how you go. Cheers.

-Sam

Sam___, Sep 14, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Win+X -> Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Advanced sharing settings

Then Turn Off Network discovery

topgundcp, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Make computer not discoverable on network ? - Similar Threads - computer discoverable network

2. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  3. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not discoverable on network.: Hello, I am trying to set up two computers on my network so that they can share a folder between them. I followed a video that explained how to enable network discoverability through the network share center.Here is a quick list of what I did. 1 turned on "network discover on...
  4. PC not discoverable on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Network is not discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network is not discoverable: Hi all,I am having an issue with seeing my wifi network. I have tried restarting my computer, changing adapter settings, and even restarted my router...but I cannot get my computer to find my wifi network.Very frustrating!! If anyone can offer some troubleshooting tips it...
  6. Wifi Network is not discoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network is not discoverable: Hi all,I am having an issue with seeing my wifi network. I have tried restarting my computer, changing adapter settings, and even restarted my router...but I cannot get my computer to find my wifi network.Very frustrating!! If anyone can offer some troubleshooting tips it...
  7. Samba network printer not discoverable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samba network printer not discoverable: i have been playing a lot with my raspberry pi 4 recently and i tried converting my old printer into a network printer using cups and samba. for some reason when i pull up settings or control panel its nowhere to be seen, i have checked it with other devices such as a phone...
  8. Unsure about setting up a network: Making PC discoverable

Unsure about setting up a network: Making PC discoverable: Hey everyone. I'm completely dumb to setting up a network. After my father passed, I got a tablet and a cellphone. I have to take notes and photos often and would like to be able to just access these devices right on my computer. I'd also like them to easily share my...
  9. discoverability of computer on local network

discoverability of computer on local network: How do I change the discover options on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/discoverability-of-computer-on-local-network/f1c6c210-ebcb-444f-a6af-6d2d612a192f
  10. Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off

Turn on Network Discovery on and make PC discoverable off: After my tablet had been updated by the Creator update it ceased to be visible on my laptop in File Explorer under Network. I checked under "Advanced sharing settings" that Network Discovery was turned on, and it was, but I subsequently found that "Make this PC discoverable"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change settings to not discoverable by other computer