Windows 10: Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Make a 'Create a System Image' Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Mooly, May 21, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Make a 'Create a System Image' Shortcut in Windows 10

Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be used to restore your computer if your hard drive or computer ever stops working; however, you can't choose individual items to restore.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a shortcut that opens directly to the Create a system image wizard in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to create a system image.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a "Create a system image" Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a "Create a system image" Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Create a system image

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a "Create a system image" Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Create_a_System_Image_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a "Create a system image" Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\sdclt.exe /BLBBACKUPWIZARD

3. Type Create a system image for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Create a system image shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\sdclt.exe

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Mooly, May 21, 2017
  2. ChrizK Win User

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Are these instructions relevant? Seems odd that it has (Windows 7) in the Control Panel item, and so many people have problems (as do I). Is this for backwards compatible restore?

Has System Image been removed from Feature Update 1709, Creators Fall update?

Firstly, Win-X does not list Control Panel (at least, not on my machine, although I understand the update loses icons in Start, and maybe other places??)

Secondly, if I select Settings-Backup, there is a heading
    Looking for an older backup?

It says, "If you created a backup using the Windows 7 Backup and Restore tool, it'll still work in Windows 10". This gives some indication that it is an old tool only relevant to a previously created
    backup.

Under Back up using File History, you can choose to
    Back up files to another drive
    , Add a drive, and
    More Options.

On the right, there is Back up your stuff, with a link to
    Get more info about backup

This opens

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Being a link directly embedded into the OS (update 1709), you would expect the information to be completely up to date, however, it directs you to;

Control Panel > System and Maintenance >
    Backup and Restore

System and Maintenance does not exist in Control Panel (at least, I cannot see it)!

If I choose Category view, there is System and Security, which hasBack up and Restore(Windows 7), but not Backup and Restore as directed in the instructions, however, both the
    Set up back-up, and Create a system Image options are available, and so I am guessing it is the correct screen, and just very poor instructions (...or is it??? Surely we should expect Microsoft to employ professionals,
    which makes me wonder if something has not been included in this update).

Going back to Settings-Backup, More Options opens
    Back-up Options, allowing See advanced options.

This opens Control Panel-File History

In the bottom left, there is See also, System Image Backup, which ultimately takes you (back) to
    Backup and Restore (Windows 7) within Control Panel. This is a somewhat contradictory to my initial question about the functionality being removed.

So, all options lead to Backup and Restore (Windows 7,...

When I attempt to create an image using Backup and Restore (Windows 7), I get;

There was a failure preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set.

(0x807800C5)

Additional Information:

The specified backup disk cannot be found (0x80780081)

NB I am using the option to backup to a network drive

Has Microsoft attempted to give any answer if this is actually meant to work?

ChrizK, May 21, 2017
  3. LuizLopes Win User
    How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Microsoft silence about the system image problem and other windows 10 issues is appalling.

LuizLopes, May 21, 2017
Thema:

Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

1. Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create System Image

2. Create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  3. make system image for Windows 10

make system image for Windows 10: I have been trying to make system image for Windows 10 Home for nearly a year now. Every time I have tried it says I can not make one in that location. I have tried using a network, USB, external hard drive, and SD card. My pc does not have a cd player/burner....
  4. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  5. Creating a system image on Windows 10

Creating a system image on Windows 10: Hello I need to create a recovery usb with my laptop. I had done that before 2 years ago with the previous version of windows10 with only 16gb USB drive capacity and it was fine. Today, the wizard asks for a USB device that has the same capacity as my used hard drive...
  6. Create System Image Windows 10

Create System Image Windows 10: Attempting to create a system image creates a WindowImageBackup folder of size 0 bytes. What's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image-windows-10/67daf179-6f99-4d62-9ec7-97019681474e
  7. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  8. Windows 10 Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Create System Image: Windows 10 build 10586 x64. When I try to create a System Image I find that Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are both selected. How Do I just create a system Image for Windows 10 28873
  9. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...
  10. Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows system image shortcut

2. 0x80780081 windows 10 creating system image