Windows 10: Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Discus and support Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JJG10, Apr 21, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control Panel/Display to change them previously but am not sure about that. Display does not appear in Creators Control Panel.

How can I now change those fonts?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 21, 2017
  2. Kostov Win User

Bold font option in Windows 10?

The answer is incorrect. It does not answer the question. The author did not asked how to change font family, but how to make it bold. Which are completely different things. As far as I now it is not possible to make text bold. This is one of the biggest
    disadvantages of Windows 10 against Windows 8, where it is possible to set both, Font family and boldness of the font. Increasing the size is not the same as increasing boldness. Because people who suffer with astigmatism needs to use bold font - e.g. to make
    the font look wider. The difference is that if you make font larger its height is bigger. Whilst if you make it bold, you make it wider. The size changes, x,y dimensions, whilst boldness changes the width only. I would be like if MS realize that there is a
    need to make the text bold for people with eyes diseases.

Kostov, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Make font Bold for Windows 10 Version 1709

I installed windows 10 version 1709, and
    cannot get the desktop fonts to enlarge. The fonts are very small and I do not want to enlarge the icons. I would like
    bold fonts. All I find is how to enlargen print 125% which is not what I need.

Version 1607 allowed us to change font size for icons and to make the font bold too, this is what I need at the type now is very small and skinny.

Faith

KymerahStar, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Apparently the fine control of fonts was 'simplified' in the Creators Update. Brink gave a list of tutorials on setting fonts in the registry in answer to this similar thread.

Advanced sizing of text ... gone with Creators Update ?!

5. JJG10 Win User
    Once again, thank you very much.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Fonts

2. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  3. Balloon Bold Font

Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  4. Icons missing and wierdly big and bold fonts

Icons missing and wierdly big and bold fonts: I Use windows 10 and recently i found wierd things happening to my pc today i found that most of the parts of windows dont have proper icons like wifi connection menu shows quare box instead of wifi signal icon and same applies action center and many other places . i wasnt...
  5. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  6. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  7. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...
  8. How to make fonts larger on desktop?

How to make fonts larger on desktop?: Hello i would like to know how to make fonts larger on desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-make-fonts-larger-on-desktop/e2dd3451-0e8f-4dc1-aebe-d69795974baa
  9. Making menu and font text bold.

Making menu and font text bold.: I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067
  10. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...