Windows 10: Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

Discus and support Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would like every folder in File Explorer have the exact same view; General Items (okay easily done) Detailed view (easily done) Columns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vijer, Apr 3, 2018.

1. vijer Win User

Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns

I would like every folder in File Explorer have the exact same view;

General Items (okay easily done)
    Detailed view (easily done)

Columns Displayed (only Name and Date Modified) - Obviously I can change the columns after entering a folder for the first time, but I would rather use a temple of some sort to apply this to every folder on every drive.

:)

vijer, Apr 3, 2018

2. How to automatically see the size of folders in the Windows 10 file explorer

Nyima Yonten you are not understanding the issue

in windows explorer, the size of "Files" is displayed in the column "size" however the size of "folders" is not displayed, this is not a glitch, this is just the way windows has always worked. the op is asking is there a way to force windows to display the
    size of "folders"

to my knowledge the only way to do this is with a third party software called "folder size" which adds a column titled "folder size" which displays the size of all files AND folders

uatuzwatcher, Apr 3, 2018
  3. Molly D Win User
    Email Column Width Problem - TDS

My email program is TDS which I access through Google and occasionally through Internet Explorer. The problem occurs while using either of those two browsers. The problem with the TDS Email program displaying incorrectly started immediately after Microsoft's
    Critical Updates to Windows 10 on July 13, 2016. Even since that time, my TDS Email program opens normally but within one or two seconds the Folder Column expands substantially to the right in width, thus making the Reading Pane much too narrow. There is
    no way (no icon appears) that I can adjust the width of the Folder Column. An icon appears between the column that shows my Inbox messages and my Reading Pane when I hover my cursor on the line separating those two columns. That allows me to make a slight
    adjustment in the width of those two columns. Also, the Folder Column shrinks vertically which allows me to only see the top five folders. To see my other folders I have to scroll down. That error happened at the same time as the error in the width of the
    Folder Column. My TDS Email program was normal up until Microsoft's Critical Updates on July 13, 2016 so I am requesting that Microsoft help solve this problem.

Molly D, Apr 3, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

If those are the only two columns and you want all to look like that, it couldn't be easier. Follow Option One in this tutorial and after you set the first type of folder, like Documents, apply that view to all the other folders under This PC -
    Change Folder Template in Windows 10

mrgeek, Apr 3, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    I've tried that a few times, and yet I still find folders that display the four column default.

Did you apply steps 3&4 in Option One ? I do this all the time, add or remove columns, Customize for, say, Music or Pictures and even resize columns and it's applied to all the other similar type folders. You are only dealing with making all folders open the same way. Not a Windows problem.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
  6. vijer Win User
    I've tried that a few times, and yet I still find folders that display the four column default.

Thanks for the reply.

vijer, Apr 7, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    You must manually apply the following to every folder that is optimized for General items, Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos and/or every parent folder of Auxiliary Drives and/or Removable Drives:

Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns [​IMG]

Afterwards, leave all manual settings alone, Do Not click the "Size all columns to fit" thing or it'll mess everything up!

Edwin, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Make every folder in File Explorer display only two columns - Similar Threads - every folder File

2. Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx?: Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-how-to-make-the-file-explorer-display-the/18c4b9ac-aa49-43e6-80c1-ce7f8ce725db
  3. Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx?: Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-how-to-make-the-file-explorer-display-the/18c4b9ac-aa49-43e6-80c1-ce7f8ce725db
  4. Hello, how to make the File Explorer display the folders in "column view" of osx?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to make the file size column to display in Mb instead of kb in file explorer?: When I use file explorer in detail view, it displays the file size in kb. Is there a way to make it display the file size in Mb instead of kb? When I use any other view icons, tiles, list, etc, it displays the file size in Mb, so how do I get that in detail view??...
  6. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  7. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  8. File Explorer - Folder Columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Folder Columns: Until recently, less than a month ago, I was able to view the Backup Method full, differential, incremental as a column in File Explorer. That column is no longer available to add. What happened?...
  9. How to display file count in a column in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display file count in a column in explorer: Hi everyone, Is there a way to display how many files are in a folder in details layout explorer window? submitted by /u/NewsFromHell [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/grn5xj/how_to_display_file_count_in_a_column_in_explorer/
  10. File Explorer search, display only files using column number

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer search, display only files using column number: When I have a long number of files in a folder and want to use the search function to show only the file names that contain a certain number or letter at an exact column number (in the file name) how can I accomplish that? example kit12.txt dog 33.txt dog 45.txt dog...