Windows 10: Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

Discus and support Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 only has two options for default email clients. Outlook and Mail. I'd like to add Gmail, and make that my default since Outlook goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgeFlach, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

Windows 10 only has two options for default email clients. Outlook and Mail. I'd like to add Gmail, and make that my default since Outlook goes through periods of several days where it won't send emails. Receives them, won't send. How do I make Gmail an option? Thanks.

:)

GeorgeFlach, Aug 20, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Aug 20, 2018
  3. how to make gmail as the default email client in win 10

when I try to set gmail as my default client in win 10 I do not see the app listed in the default list in the "defualt programs" list. How do I set up gmail as the default email client?

mikestew27, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

Default Mail Client

I had to Dban my desktop last week after a friend was on it while I was out of town. Now--when I use my main e-mail, and try to send a e-mail, I get this message --this can not be completed because the default mail client is not properly installed. Can anybody help or explain this to me ?? It's a new 1 on me !!

fsufan0025, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10

1. Make Gmail a Default Mail Client in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Gmail Default Mail

2. Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge: How to make Yahoo Mail the default email client on Windows 7 using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-yahoo-mail-default-email-client-on-windows-7/3b842612-2aac-4cde-9b41-640caf8eaf57
  3. Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge: How to make Yahoo Mail the default email client on Windows 7 using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-yahoo-mail-default-email-client-on-windows-7/3b842612-2aac-4cde-9b41-640caf8eaf57
  4. Windows 10 Mail Client Not Showing Contents of GMail Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Client Not Showing Contents of GMail Folders: I had the problem of the Windows 10 Mail client incorrectly showing GMail folders as empty. No amount of refreshing or changes to the expiry date settings made any difference. The solution: In the GMail web client it is possible to Show or Hide email folders in the folder...
  5. Either there is no default mail client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  6. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  7. Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client

Can't set Windows 10 Mail app as default mail client: If I right click a file and select Send To I get a dialog stating that no default mail client has been installed. I have set Mail as the default client in Settings/System/Default Apps but that has no effect. I've checked the registry key...
  8. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  9. Use mail app as default mail client

Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  10. Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

in Browsers and Email
    Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client: Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make gmail default in windows10

2. make gmail default windows 10

3. make gmail default in win 10

4. windows 10 mail client too slow,
  5. make gmail default email for windows 10,
  6. windows 10 make gmail default,
  7. windows 10 gmail default client,
  8. how to change email default for windows 10 snipping tool,
  9. windows 10 defeault mail client to gmail,
  10. make gmail default email windows 10,
  11. How make gmail default client win 10 ,