Windows 10: Make Google Default Search in IE??

Discus and support Make Google Default Search in IE?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been trying to figure out how to add google search to IE and make it my default search engine. When I go to the add on gallery here:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by musiclover7, May 19, 2015.

1. Make Google Default Search in IE??

I've been trying to figure out how to add google search to IE and make it my default search engine. When I go to the add on gallery here:

http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/addon...&featuretype=2

and click google, then add to IE, nothing happens.

I just found this online:
    http://techdows.com/2015/05/fix-cant...plorer-11.html

Is it true that Microsoft blocked this in a windows update? I hate to go in and remove an update without knowing for sure it will help. To me this seems just too ridiculous all around. Can anyone confirm?

:)

musiclover7, May 19, 2015

2. How do I make Google my default search provider in Windows 10?

Buy a google crome book

bye

Richard Sebire, May 19, 2015
  3. How do I make Google my default search provider in Windows 10?

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like Google as search engine for Cortana. However, the default search engine for Cortana currently is Bing. If you would like to change it to google, you may check with Google support for any extension that be can be used with
    Google Chrome (after setting it as default browser) that can serve the purpose.

Important: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third
    Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 19, 2015
  4. Make Google Default Search in IE??

Well.. I went ahead and tried that solution anyways, and it did not work. Dang..

This is clearly something that is blocked in IE though, because if I hit the same link in Waterfox, it resolves just fine. Does not add the plugin, but at least it opens.

5. Apparently, the only way I could figure out how to resolve this, was to install the google toolbar, which also installs google search. Yep. Tis True..

6. alphanumeric, May 20, 2015
  7. I tried that, and mentioned in my first post. Unfortunately, it did not work for me. Had to load google toolbar to resolve.

musiclover7, May 20, 2015
  8. Make Google Default Search in IE??

Windows 10? maybe its a different kilobyte number. Worked for me in Windows 8.1 on two PC's, my desktop and laptop.

alphanumeric, May 20, 2015
  9. Maybe you could try this in Manage Addons---

Make Google Default Search in IE?? [​IMG]

I set it & when I type in a term in the address bar Google Search is used---

I also found this stuff---

A link---

Make Google my default search engine - Search Help

Pictures---

Hope this helps. *Smile

David Bailey, May 20, 2015
  10. I am amazed that others are able to install it. I would love to select it from a list in add ons, but for me it was not an option. Google search is not listed cuz ie would not let me install it. Everything you describe in your post is exactly what I did, but when I click add to Internet explorer, nothing happens. The work around is to at least temporarily install Google toolbar.

musiclover7, May 20, 2015
  11. The issue is, non of that works until you uninstall KB3038314. If I go to manage add ons, search providers, find more, and try to add google nothing happens? It never gets added. Clicking Add to Internet explorer does nothing. Uninstall KB3038314 and it works like its supposed too. For me it does anyway. I had the same issue on my laptop and desktop, both running Windows 8.1 64 bit.

12. paulsalter, May 20, 2015
  13. Make Google Default Search in IE??

I was wondering if it had a different KB number in Windows 10? It is listed as a Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer in Windows 8.1.

14. Just realised after posting that the KB was for 8, have edited my post

at times multiple tabs are dangerous for me, I forget where I am posting *Redface

paulsalter, May 20, 2015
  15. Been there done that. I'm a member of 7, 8, and 10 forums. First thing in the morning when I fire up my e-mail I could be in any and all forums answering threads. Then get mixed up as to which one I'm in and the OS in question.

Thema:

Make Google Default Search in IE??

1. Make Google Default Search in IE?? - Similar Threads - Google Default Search

2. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  3. Google Default Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  4. Google Default Search

in Cortana
  5. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  6. What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to make Google Chrome as default?: What are the steps to make Google Chrome default on my desktop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-make-google-chrome-as/30245ac4-b9ae-4c9d-84e4-40a968436c27
  7. search defaulting to Google maps

in Cortana
    search defaulting to Google maps: If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything. For instance if I type:- abc the underlying suggestion shows abc - Google Maps Search and dumps me into Google Maps. If anyone has any suggestion on how to get...
  8. Making IE 11 the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE 11 the default browser: Our company still use IE 11 for many things and I was looking for a way to make it the default browser, anybody got some good tips on how to do this? many thx *Biggrin 125823
  9. Making IE the default browser via the registry or script

in Browsers and Email
    Making IE the default browser via the registry or script: Hi, Is there a way to automate changing the default browser from Edge to IE. We are still dependent on IE and can not deploy W10 with Edge as the default. Thanks for any help you can provide. 28822
  10. Resetting google search page to default

in Browsers and Email
    Resetting google search page to default: How do I reset google search to default? URL currently displays Ukraine domain. I.e. “google.com.ua” (I am in the US) Steve 107373