Windows 10: Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile

Discus and support Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yes, please, probably a tweak in the registry somewhere. Every time I pin something to the start, I and tired of having to then do a SECOND step of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cDreamDancer, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile

Yes, please, probably a tweak in the registry somewhere.

Every time I pin something to the start, I and tired of having to then do a SECOND step of making it use the SMALL tile.

Got to teach windows to do things my way.

:)

cDreamDancer, Mar 6, 2018
  2. Kevin J S Win User

Battery draining much faster on developer preview on lumia 1520 using larger folders

Thank you for posting.

If you have a large folder, that would definitely cause battery drain. It's the equivalent of having all of those apps still pinned to the Start screen. The more apps you have pinned, especially if they have Live Tiles, the more that's going to drain the
    battery. Smaller folders avoids this because it's not really using the Live Tile anymore, because it forces all the tiles to small size. Another workaround would be to make the tiles for the apps small before putting them in the folder, which also stops
    them from being a Live Tile. This should work to have a Large or Medium size folder, as long as all the tiles within the folder are small before being added.

Regards,

Kevin J S, Mar 6, 2018
  3. WP8 Essential Tip - Make website tiles worth using

Now, many of you will know this, but it isn't so obvious and makes a huge difference in experience.

When pinning a web page to the start screen, the resultant tile is a mini version of the page. Very small, making all page tiles look indistinguishable and so pretty useless. If, however, you zoom in to the page before you pin it, the image on the tile is
    so zoomed in. Zoom in tight on that company logo and that becomes the tile.

A small thing, but essential and with significant effect, as now web shortcuts become useable and like little apps.

It goes without saying that everyone should also download a copy of WebApps from the store, but what that doesn't have this pinning approach can provide.

AndyCalling---01, Mar 6, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile

Looks like this is not (yet) available. Could be done with a program, or even if someone add this possibility to context menu.

Code needed to (example) pin Edge …
    [/quote]

AndreTen, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile

1. Make Pin To Start Always Use Small Tile - Similar Threads - Pin Start Always

2. Is there a way to make Start icons automatically small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make Start icons automatically small?: Or maybe just turning them all small instead of manually? submitted by /u/ShellGadus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgji4q/is_there_a_way_to_make_start_icons_automatically/
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  5. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  6. Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small

Windows 10 registry tweak to make all tiles small: Hello, I would like to resize all my Windows 10 tiles to "small," and right-clicking them one by one is tedious. Is there a registry setting that could be changed in order to: (1) make all existing tiles small? or (2) default all new tiles to the small...
  7. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  8. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  9. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  10. Pin to Start Tiles Too Big

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Start Tiles Too Big: Build 10122 I have three folders I want to Pin to Start. Then folder icons within the tiles are too large and over write the folder name. I don't recall this happening to previous builds. The folder names should appear, left to right, asUtilities, Archives and My...