Windows 10: Make Quick Sync work on a dual GPU laptop?

Discus and support Make Quick Sync work on a dual GPU laptop? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a Dell latitude E6530 with the Quadro GPU and Intel HD4000 graphics. I can set apps for Windows to automatically choose which GPU to use, or I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Galane, May 8, 2017.

1. Galane Win User

Make Quick Sync work on a dual GPU laptop?

I have a Dell latitude E6530 with the Quadro GPU and Intel HD4000 graphics. I can set apps for Windows to automatically choose which GPU to use, or I can specify which one, or I can right click and select to run with the nVidia GPU.

I'm wanting to use Intel Quick Sync to convert some videos to h.264. The program detects Quick Sync and I have the box checked to enable it.

But when I try to do the conversion it sits there for a few seconds then quits "Process failed!".

How do I get QuickSync to really be enabled?

Both GPUs use the laptop display, seamlessly switching without any visible glitch - the only indication as to when the nVidia one is being used is the indicator lights up in the system tray.

:)

Galane, May 8, 2017

2. Black Screen

I didnt make change to the pc and i dont have dual boot and also now i can't even turn on my pc because of one of the syptomps that caused by the black screens is that the gpu isnt turning on

GiulianoBasso, May 8, 2017
  3. MG_5000 Win User
    Windows 10 store crashes when I click on an app

Exact same:

Windows 10

Asus MoBo

Dual Xeon E5-2667 v3 CPUs

Dual SLI Configured 980ti GPUs

MG_5000, May 8, 2017
Thema:

Make Quick Sync work on a dual GPU laptop?

1. Make Quick Sync work on a dual GPU laptop? - Similar Threads - Quick Sync dual

2. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  3. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  4. dedicated gpu on laptop does not work at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dedicated gpu on laptop does not work at all: laptop= Asus vivobook M7600QE Dgpu= rtx3050tiCpu= AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics ram= 16 gbWhen i first bought the laptop it was working and ran games well and after a few months the dgpu decided to stop working at all uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, battery at...
  5. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop: Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow. My main...
  6. Dual GPU make my win10 very unstable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual GPU make my win10 very unstable: Hi, I have a two GPU(2 * 1080ti) PC and my PC crash frequently(black screen every few minutes) At first thouth it was GPU malfunction, so I test them individually, but both works good and win10 is stable then. But when put two GPU on the motherboard, the screen frequently...
  7. GPU Making Grinding Noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU Making Grinding Noise: I haven't been able to use my desktop PC for weeks due to this grinding noise coming from the GPU fan I believe(I know for sure it's not the hard drive nor the fan so I've not been too worried.). I have opened it up inspected it etc. and don't really know what else to do I'm...
  8. How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?: Hello, I just noticed that I can't make my browsers: Internet Explorer / Chrome to work with AMD Switchable graphics. (And some others softwares such as WMP) I have a laptop with both AMD gpu and the on-board intel, but I can't make the browser work on the AMD one, which I...
  9. Dual monitors crashed my GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors crashed my GPU?: So I tried setting up my Windows 10 computer with dual screens. Main monitor is connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable, with HDMI plugged into the PC. Second monitor connected via DVI cable on both ends. Both were plugged into the GPU (XFX Radeon R9 380) before I powered the PC back...
  10. Is it possible to make it dual boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to make it dual boot?: I had to replace the Hard Disk on my Lenovo Flex14. I was running it in dual boot - Win10 and Linux. I set up the entire drive under NTFS. Now is it possible to make it dual boot. Also, I am on Win10 Single Language (ie Home). Is there any way to run a virtual machine in...