Windows 10: make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop

Discus and support make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I managed to piece together how to set this up for a custom location -- thanks very much for the information provided. This site looks to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chaynes27, Nov 5, 2017.

1. chaynes27 Win User

make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop

Hi all, I managed to piece together how to set this up for a custom location -- thanks very much for the information provided. This site looks to be a great resource.
    I'm hoping to do something similar for the Desktop. I know it's available by the Quick Access pins, or the default icons shown under This PC, or even by switching the view to Show All Folders -- but I don't want these solutions. I'm hoping for a registry change that can make a singular entry in the navigation pane for the Desktop, allowing drop-down navigation, etc (just like has been done for Google Drive in this thread). Is this possible?
    Thanks in advance to anybody who considers this *Smile

:)

chaynes27, Nov 5, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

how do I copy desktop folders onto a memory stick?

Brenda,

You can just open File explorer then go to your Desktop folder at C:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop then drag everything to the entry for your memory stick [on the left-hand side, the Navigation pane].

Denis

Tryx3, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop

1. make singular entry in navigation pane for Desktop - Similar Threads - singular entry navigation

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  4. How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove entries from File Explorer Navigation Pane?: Uninstalled iCloud from my windows pc and now i get these 3 entries and when i click it says this. How do i get rid of them? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-entries-from-file-explorer/131f6385-4aac-48e7-9211-64ba00cb07b3
  5. Navigation pane Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane Entry: I’m showing a listing ‘MININT-TGA-TGA1D1C’ in my navigation pane #1. Do any on this forum have any idea what this is all about? My 1st search of MININT came up with some thing related to the Cuban Ministry #2 screen. After using all letters in quotation marks I got the 3rd...
  6. Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding PowerShell Desktop to Navigation Pane?: Hey all. Is there a way to add "Desktop" in file explorer's navigation pane as it's own shortcut? Currently the only way to do that is through quick access, and even then for some reason it does not show the following icons if you have enabled them on desktop (This PC,...
  7. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  8. Removing entries in navigation pane?

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing entries in navigation pane?: My navigation pane shows Joseph Simpson (‘my name’) & My PC. Under My PC (expanded) I can see my external H-drives; but they do not show under ‘my name’. Both are almost the same as far as entries (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, etc. etc. Would it be safe to move most...
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888