Windows 10: Make taskbar icons bigger?

Discus and support Make taskbar icons bigger? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger? Thanks in advance. =) 10367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phrosen, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Phrosen Win User

Make taskbar icons bigger?

Hello.

I find the new taskbar icons in Win 10 to be annoyingly small. Is there a way to make them appear bigger?

Thanks in advance. =)

:)

Phrosen, Jul 30, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 - taskbar icons

The File Explorer icon on he taskbar opens File Explorer. That is what it is for.

If you want a file put on the taskbar as an icon that is a different thing. Make a shortcut and then pin it to the taskbar.

lacrumb, Jul 30, 2015
  3. RonaldKG Win User
    Icon size in task bar at the bottom of the screen

Thanks for the input, but the "use small taskbar buttons" is not checked. The icons in the taskbar, however, are much smaller than they were in Windows 7 when I could make them larger. I am beginning to think that icons in the taskbar can never be larger
    than they are now. I was able to make the buttons (icons) on the desktop and the text under them larger. I also tried to make the taskbar taller but that did not seem to work, I would get the up/down arrow and try to move it up just a bit thinking that would
    allow the icons to get bigger, but the taskbar would not get taller.

RonaldKG, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Conker Win User

I would like to know that too.

Conker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Right click Taskbar, Properties and untick "Use small taskbar buttons".

Make taskbar icons bigger? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jul 31, 2015
  6. dencal Win User
    Open Settings, click on System, then Display.
    Slide bar to right to suit, you can increase sizes by up to 225%.

dencal, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Phrosen Win User
    This made it feel like I had changed to a different resolution. So I had to change back.
    It did work for making the icons larger, however.

Phrosen, Jul 31, 2015
  8. DBK
    DBK Win User

I'm not sure there is a way to make the icons larger and I agree they are a bit small. There is an option to make them smaller which makes them minute. If enough of us complain perhaps they will issue a fix! *Smile

9. gamekid88 Win User
    I am not sure if anyone else is getting something like this? The icons looked fine before and then they just changed. All of my older icons before my upgrade look okay but its just when I pin them to the taskbar that they look so small.

Make taskbar icons bigger? [​IMG]

gamekid88, Aug 5, 2015
  10. mrstone Win User
    Did this ever get resolved? I'm really having a hard time with small icons. !!!

mrstone, Aug 6, 2015
  11. Phrosen Win User
    Nope, this hasn't been resolved yet.

Phrosen, Aug 6, 2015
  12. DTG1 Win User
    dont use this slider its broken for gaming.

13. mrstone Win User

What company did the programming and who do we call to resolve?

mrstone, Aug 7, 2015
  14. BDX
    BDX Win User
    Latest beta version of 7+ Taskbar Tweaker has this feature: "Implemented the w10_large_icons advanced option, which changes taskbar icon size from 24x24 to 32x32."

Download here: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeLs Blog

15. DTG1 Win User
    As much as I appreciate your programming prowess, how about telling us how you changed the sizes up to 32x32? I would rather do the manual labor instead of letting some untrusted program do it for me. no offense.

Thema:

1. Make taskbar icons bigger? - Similar Threads - taskbar icons bigger

2. Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger: In window 11 The options “extra large icons” are not bigger then large icons It just makes the space between the icons bigger So the previous photos on the icon areNot big and it is so hard to see witch photo it is windows 10 it was so nice and big...
  3. Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extra large icons - are not making the images bigger: In window 11 The options “extra large icons” are not bigger then large icons It just makes the space between the icons bigger So the previous photos on the icon areNot big and it is so hard to see witch photo it is windows 10 it was so nice and big...
  4. I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I was wondering if someone could help me with the icons on the lower taskbar in Windows 11 home. Is their anyway to make the icons bigger.Thanks for the help and advicenot...
  5. I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11

I want to make the icons on the lower taskbar bigger windows 11: HI I was wondering if I could ask a question I was wondering if someone could help me with something. I was wondering if someone could help me with the icons on the lower taskbar in Windows 11 home. Is their anyway to make the icons bigger.Thanks for the help and advicenot...
  6. I want to make the time bigger in the lower right of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make the time bigger in the lower right of the taskbar: HI I was wondering if I could get some help with something. I find the date and the time in the right lower corner of the taskbar to be really small. I was wondering if someone could help me to make the time bigger so I can see it easier. I should also mention that is their...
  7. I want to make the time bigger in the lower right of the taskbar

I want to make the time bigger in the lower right of the taskbar: HI I was wondering if I could get some help with something. I find the date and the time in the right lower corner of the taskbar to be really small. I was wondering if someone could help me to make the time bigger so I can see it easier. I should also mention that is their...
  8. Taskbar small icons are bigger then normal.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar small icons are bigger then normal.: Hi there, I got a little problem with my small taskbar icons after last update, somehow the date is showing underneath my time in the taskbar which makes it bigger then normal, how can I fix this? I've a screen if it may helps. [ATTACH]...
  9. How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?

How to make icon of a UWP app on taskbar bigger?: I used to the Visual Studio Asset Generator to generate images for all visual assets. When I run the app, the Taskbar icon is too small and it picks the accent color I have chosen. For reference, I have uploaded the icon of Visual Studio 2017 as well. How do I make the icon...
  10. Display date in taskbar WITHOUT making the taskbar bigger.

Display date in taskbar WITHOUT making the taskbar bigger.: I have seen this question asked before and repeatedly given responses that do not address the actual question. I want to display the date in the taskbar without adjusting the height of the taskbar to make it appear. There is plenty of room to do this, there are nearly...