Windows 10: Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives

Discus and support Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When opening it i don't want to see Frequent folders and files, how can i change it so i can see only the drives? Thanks! 40456 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klappa, Feb 10, 2016.

1. klappa Win User

Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives

When opening it i don't want to see Frequent folders and files, how can i change it so i can see only the drives?

Thanks!

:)

klappa, Feb 10, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 - taskbar icons

The File Explorer icon on he taskbar opens File Explorer. That is what it is for.

If you want a file put on the taskbar as an icon that is a different thing. Make a shortcut and then pin it to the taskbar.

lacrumb, Feb 10, 2016
  3. file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?:
    Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives [​IMG]

and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar explorer (when u right click it like in the gif) have the same shortcuts as in the explorer window (the shortcuts on the sides) i have 39 shortcuts in the explorer
    window and in the taskbar explorer icon it only shows a couple and i want to have different shortcuts there and sort them manually but they are all static i can't touch them! I can only remove them but then it removes them in the main explorer window too!
    they are synced for some !"#!"#@ reason.

オルソン フィリップ, Feb 10, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hi @klappa,

You could collapse the 'Folders' portion with the small arrow:

Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 10, 2016
  6. klappa Win User
    klappa, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Make the File Explorer shortcut in taskbar show only the drives - Similar Threads - File Explorer shortcut

2. File explorer this pc only show drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer this pc only show drives: How to let This PC show drives,Downloads, Documents againlike thisinstead of only showing drives like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-this-pc-only-show-drives/919c473f-9741-450d-b04b-047f96f96b4f
  3. File explorer this pc only show drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer this pc only show drives: How to let This PC show drives,Downloads, Documents againlike thisinstead of only showing drives like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-this-pc-only-show-drives/919c473f-9741-450d-b04b-047f96f96b4f
  4. Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut for hiding/showing the taskbar: All of a sudden, but actually after a Powertoys update to version v0.56.2 on my Windows 10 Pro notebook, the shortcut CTRL+ALT+P shows/hides the taskbar.I have never set that shortcut for the action. I have read the list of windows shortcuts...
  5. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  6. Show only MP3 files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show only MP3 files in File Explorer: Is there a way to make File Explorer only show MP3 files and not include all the album art. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-only-mp3-files-in-file-explorer/1c540234-e2e5-4560-ab97-43206658c134"
  7. Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar

Location of File Explorer's pinned shortcuts in Taskbar: I am looking for the location of the list of pinned File Explorer shortcuts on the Taskbar. When any of the pinned Taskbar programs are right-clicked, a list of "Recent" items appears. If any of those are pinned, a list above "Recent" appears called "Pinned". I am looking...
  8. File explorer not showing a drive.

File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"
  9. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?: I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open. I tried cascading windows, show side by side, stack, by right clicking the taskbar. I tried maximizing from pinned icon. It still won't show....
  10. file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer on taskbar not opening windows, and is copying shortcuts: it suddenly stopped working the shortcuts are not opening when i click on them is it a setting?: [img] and why is the shortcuts on the taskbar explorer (when u right click it like in the gif) have the same shortcuts as in the explorer window (the shortcuts on the sides)...