Windows 10: make virtual switch per installed os?

Discus and support make virtual switch per installed os? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've installed windows 7 on Hyper-V of windows 10 x64. Now I want to install one more guest operation Cenots on Hyper-V. At this time should I make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by windstory, Nov 3, 2015.

1. windstory Win User

make virtual switch per installed os?

I've installed windows 7 on Hyper-V of windows 10 x64.
    Now I want to install one more guest operation Cenots on Hyper-V.
    At this time should I make another virtual switch for Centos?

make virtual switch per installed os? [​IMG]

:)

windstory, Nov 3, 2015
  2. jbl1985 Win User

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I successfully activated the product as per your instructions. Now, I have no connectivity in hyper-v. I have installed the networking switch and it is set up properly and as per instructions I found online. However, there is no connectivity
    - Guest OS does not even have a networking adapter after installing. Am I missing something?

What I would do to have Virtual PC 2007 compatibility in W10...

jbl1985, Nov 3, 2015
  3. vaquiz Win User
    more virtual desktop options

i am a developer and i find my self having the need to use virtual desktop all the time since i only have 2 monitors, its all i need thanks to virtual desktop. this being said there are things that virtual desktop cant do that i would love to have as a feature,
    such as mirroring one monitor from one desktop to another virtual desktop or even better having the option of individual virtual desktop per monitor. like this i would be able to switch a single monitor to another desktop allowing me to get to another script
    as quickly as possible.

another feature that would be nice, would be the ability to switch to specific desktop such as Win+F1 to switch to main desktop or Win+F3 to switch to 3rd desktop. while this can be done with some macros i would love to see it natively.

mirror can also be done with some scripts but again would love to see it natively

vaquiz, Nov 3, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

No, you can use the same one for all VMs (assuming you want all to connect to internet). Windows host will also connect using this virtual switch.

I can't read you language but presumably the first picture says "Enabled, Bridged", the second is the name of your network and the third is "Network Cable unplugged". You should have a network bridge with an icon like this - perhaps it is cut off in your picture.

make virtual switch per installed os? [​IMG]

See this for more details Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager

lx07, Nov 3, 2015
  5. Kari Win User
    Exactly. In addition, it would not even be possible: One host NIC can only be used for one external switch meaning that you can have at most as many external switches as you have network adapters on host. Normally this means that you can have two external switches, one for the Ethernet NIC and another for the Wireless NIC.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. make virtual switch per installed os? - Similar Threads - virtual switch per

2. Switching OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching OS: I just wanted to know, if I supposedly switch from Windows 10 Pro to Linux, if I switch back to Windows 10 can I still enter my Pro key? And would it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os/a6554c16-169d-4c02-abe0-d4d13ca90292
  3. Switching OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching OS: I just wanted to know, if I supposedly switch from Windows 10 Pro to Linux, if I switch back to Windows 10 can I still enter my Pro key? And would it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os/a6554c16-169d-4c02-abe0-d4d13ca90292
  4. Switching OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mincrat per switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mincrat per switch: quando io faccio laccesso da mincraft per switch metto il codice con le vairie password ecc. il problema e che quando vado a giocare con qualcuno o provo ad entrare in un server dice o nn sei registrato a microsoft pure se fa vedere il nome utente di microsoft e invece quando...
  6. How to make virtual switch IP address persistent?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to make virtual switch IP address persistent?: I'm tired of setting up IP address for every virtual machine after restarting computer. When computer is restarted the IP address of all virtual switches are randomized and the result is that virtual machines all become offline, how do I make them persist on system reboot?...
  7. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual desktop switch: Windows 10, laptop. Sometimes when I log onto my PC, the virtual desktop switches to the furthest on the right. I haven't seen anyone having the same problem, and it's bothering me. submitted by /u/grzesiu447 [link] [comments]...
  8. Update switched Os

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update switched Os: I recently did a windows update my operating system was build 1903 after the update witch took almost 48 hours my operating system is now build 18362 also a lot of my prevous files are missing pictures favorites windows that were set aside anyone have a explination for what...
  9. Clipboard switched to per-application mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard switched to per-application mode?: Hi, yesterday my Windows 10 (patched and updated) PC begun acting weird regarding Copy-Paste (using Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V). Every time I PASTE it pastes some weird/old content and it looks like it's pasting some OLD content or maybe only the content, which was copied within the...
  10. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...