Windows 10: Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before

Discus and support Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ladies and Gentlemen This Is a very Nice Guide to secure your windows 10 I value the information on here , and I had fun with it I pass it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ethelwulf, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Ethelwulf Win User

Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before

Ladies and Gentlemen

This Is a very Nice Guide to secure your windows 10

I value the information on here , and I had fun with it

I pass it on to any one who values security
    I hop you enjoy it and you find it a good read

Enjoy
    Harden Windows 10 - A Security Guide. How to secure Windows 10

:)

Ethelwulf, Aug 28, 2016

2. Browsers goes up to 2500 MB of memory!

Microsoft didn't do this, it's normal.

Chrome in fact just released another browser update that intentionally makes it use even more memory than before. See

Why Chrome Uses So Much RAM
    or Chrome 63 is more secure than ever --
    and uses even more memory than ever before
    . Edge and other browsers are doing the same thing. It's not "bloat", it's an intentional design made to make your browser run faster, which requires more memory.

--

Memory is meant to be used, and these programs are leveraging it as much as they can to improve your experience.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 28, 2016
  3. Discussion: Windows Update on Windows 10 getting worse with each passing month.

These people getting more viruses, have they got adequate protection in place? A basic a/v is no longer good enough to protect against all threats. User behaviour needs to change these days as well. If someone is acting online and using old security products
    in the way they have done for years pretty safe bet they will get more infections. Security is more complex than it has ever been due to the varied types of threat.

MarkInKent, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Did you try all this and what Windows functions were screwed up?

Steve C, Aug 28, 2016
  5. Ethelwulf Win User
    Yes did all

No Screw up if you know what your doing

good luck

Ethelwulf, Aug 28, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    If you spend 24/7 in a closed underground vault by choice, with a tin(foil) hat, eating cold canned beans and caffeine energy drinks for company, with only the Police scanner frequency broadcasts to break the silence, that is the sort of screen theme that gives the greatest comfort with the brightness turned to minimum. *Roflmao2

Fafhrd, Aug 29, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Darn great post, I'm still laff'n *Thumbs*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2

OldMike65, Aug 30, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Do you mind if I borrow some of that. It's marvelous!!

BunnyJ, Aug 30, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    So,, let me get this straight.. you have to "know" what you're doing so you don't mess your computer up?? And you post this without telling people what they need to know so they don't mess their PC up??

I would think that information is rather vital wouldn't you??

BunnyJ, Aug 30, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Ok I read all that BS, and I have a much easier way to lock Windows down, pull the hard drive out, and run a live Ubuntu disk. Basta!

Cliff S, Aug 30, 2016
  12. LMiller7 Win User
    I would strongly urge inexperienced users to stay far far away from disabling system services. There is no complete documentation available anywhere and many services do more than what official documentation states. Black Viper is often guessing and he has been known to guess wrong.

Incidentally and contrary to many claims, setting a service to manual is NOT a safe alternative to disabling it. In this mode a service can be started if it is needed but you can't assume this will actually happen. It often won't. When a non-running service causes a Windows component or application to fail there is usually no attempt made to determine why. And don't expect a meaningful error message.

LMiller7, Aug 30, 2016
  13. Odos270 Win User

I don't know how Black Viper's suggestions work on 10. His XP ones worked great.

Odos270, Aug 30, 2016
  14. Superfly Win User
    Agreed, services have inter-dependencies - do not mess with them. Block traffic with Hosts file and Firewall rather.

Windows 10 is far more sophisticated ... altho' I agree Black Viper was good with XP.

Superfly, Aug 30, 2016
  15. Steve C Win User
    I agree - I used to follow Black Viper's recommendations for Windows XP but have left services well alone since Windows 8.

Steve C, Aug 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before - Similar Threads - more secure ever

2. Win 10 getting ever more bogged dowm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 getting ever more bogged dowm: My Win 10 PC is getting slower and slower. Today I had 2 Word documents, 3 Excel sheets, and Outlook open. While I was entering data in one of the Excel sheets, the numbers I types would not appear in the cell. If I hit the tab key, the numbers would appear, but I would get...
  3. Win 10 getting ever more bogged dowm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 getting ever more bogged dowm: My Win 10 PC is getting slower and slower. Today I had 2 Word documents, 3 Excel sheets, and Outlook open. While I was entering data in one of the Excel sheets, the numbers I types would not appear in the cell. If I hit the tab key, the numbers would appear, but I would get...
  4. Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure

in Windows 10 News
    Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure: [ATTACH] Every day 4 million Chrome extensions are downloaded, and with more than 250,000 extensions and themes available on the Chrome Web Store, no two Chrome browsers are alike. From productivity and learning tools to entertainment and shopping, extensions on Chrome open...
  5. Make Windows 10 more secure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Windows 10 more secure: Hello, since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it. Against live-boot from other media: I have enabled bitlocker encryption, so booting from a live-stick (e.g. Linux) should not give...
  6. UAC more intrusive than ever in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC more intrusive than ever in Windows 10: Before the latest updates in Windows 10, my system would simply open my Autodesk design applications which are legally purchased, licensed and installed using "Run as Administrator". Now, every time I start one of these apps, your "marvelous" not the actual adjective I...
  7. How can i make RD more secure??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i make RD more secure??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xenox9162 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqa5oz/how_can_i_make_rd_more_secure/
  8. How can I make my computer with Windows 10 Home more secure?

How can I make my computer with Windows 10 Home more secure?: I'm a Windows 10 Home user and I would like to know ways to better secure my system in case of loss/theft. More specifically I don't want anyone to be able to brute force or otherwise hack their way into my system to log in or get my personal data. Here are some solutions...
  9. Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?

Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?: I want to make my Windows 10 Pro PC more secure from something like a robbery or where my physical PC is in danger, not from a threat like a hacker or something on the internet who gains access to my PC. As I was using my PC, I just realized that I store so much personal...
  10. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

in Windows 10 News
    Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello: [img] When we started building Windows 10, the team spent a lot of time and energy thinking about how to make computing more personal. We want your devices to recognize you, to understand what you’re saying… we want the experience to go wherever you do and we want you to...