Windows 10: Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes

Discus and support Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, We have guests laptops at school for everyone but they keep making changes on the computer. How can i make Windows to ask for admin password when... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by evildog1, Aug 24, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes

Hi,
    We have guests laptops at school for everyone but they keep making changes on the computer.
    How can i make Windows to ask for admin password when trying to make changes in the computer and when trying to run the installer?
    Google does not give me right results.

:)

evildog1, Aug 24, 2016

2. admin has no password and it is asking for one

When i try to install something or gain acces to something to make a change, it asks for admin control password which i never set. When i try to make a new profile, it asks me to put in the password. I never gave it one, i only have 1 user account and
    its an admin.

LuisRivas2, Aug 24, 2016
  3. pj01 Win User
    my laptop wont let me make any changes after installing windows 10..

I installed the free windows 10. Since then I cant effect any changes on my laptop whatsoever. It asks for admin password but does not give me a box to type it in. I cant even install/uninstall new software without admin password. I have tried everything
    on the forums but every time I try to make a change it asks for password but no box to type in..

4. Mc Ruff Win User

I don't think you can stop users from making all changes. However if the account that they are using is a standard user account then it will ask for a administrator password when ever the UAC prompt comes up for system changes and installs.

Maybe you could take a drive image of the computer when it is in the state that you want it, then restore it when needed

Mc Ruff, Aug 24, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 24, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Make Windows ask for admin password when trying to make changes - Similar Threads - ask admin password

2. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user: Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin...
  3. Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow to make changes to device when not an admin user: Hello, I'm using a Windows 11 laptop and need guidance on how to grant elevation privileges to a non-admin account. Specifically, I want this user account to have the ability to perform certain tasks typically reserved for admin accounts, without granting it full admin...
  4. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...: help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8
  5. Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...

Users are asked for the admin password when installing programs, how do I make it ask for...: help pls^^ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-are-asked-for-the-admin-password-when/5fe02195-2020-4601-adf8-e5883753d6e8
  6. How to make app not asking for administration password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make app not asking for administration password?: When I use resource monitor it constantly ask for admin password. What I need to do to make it stop asking for password in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-app-not-asking-for-administration/cb352d1f-f14d-40f4-8357-e2343b1c5bc3
  7. How to make app not asking for administration password?

How to make app not asking for administration password?: When I use resource monitor it constantly ask for admin password. What I need to do to make it stop asking for password in future? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-app-not-asking-for-administration/cb352d1f-f14d-40f4-8357-e2343b1c5bc3
  8. How to make app not asking for administration password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 no admin Password cannot make any changes: HI, We have a windows 10 computer on our domain and somehow it's lost it's connection and local settings. I am the domain admin and I cannot make any changes on this computer - error - need admin user name and PW. Was able to check network connections and it's not hitting...
  10. Admin & problems with apps making changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin & problems with apps making changes: how do i change my account to administrator? every time i try to download something on my computer the '' do you allow this app to make changes to you computer'' thing pops up but theres only a ''no'' alternative and a ''write in admin username and password'' without a place...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make windows ask admin password