Windows 10: Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Discus and support Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded]. The Internet Options page for HTML... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trolleybus, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

OK so I have Word 2013 installed and I want it to be the HTML editor in IE 11 [Version 11.0.10240.16431 loaded].

The Internet Options page for HTML editing on my PC only allows me to choose Notepad.

How do I add to the drop down menu WORD or is this desired configuration set elsewhere?

All responses gratefully received.

:)

trolleybus, Oct 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Word is set as the default HTML editor

How do I reset the default HTML editor in Windows 10 to stop MS Word/Excel opening the page?
    Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor [​IMG]

As you can see the HTML file type is set to FF but when I select a document link in a sharepoint site I get an authorisation html page as a Word/Excel file.

Opening an Acrobat file is fine as is opening the same files on another PC.

PhilWatkins58, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Word is set as the default HTML editor

This may be more about MIME specification than File type by file extension. Use the Developer Tools, Network capture tool to see the HTTP headers of what is being downloaded. You could also use ProcMon to try to find out how your Office products are being
    invoked. E.g. a possibility would be that by the MIME specification a .zip file is to be decoded before being interpreted as something else. There is a Miscellaneous Security setting which you could try to test for and work around this cause, Enable MIME
    sniffing.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 13, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

Hi, One way is to use 'Open with' in the context menu.
    Rt click on your file, look for 'Open With'. Scroll down to "Choose another App" - if you see Word, click on it. Check it works.

Else click on "Choose another App" and scroll down - if you see Word, click on it. Check it works.

Finally, if you haven't found Word, scroll down to and click on "More Apps", browse to the executable (exe) for Word, and select it. Check it works.

More (the full story):
    Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Oct 13, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Suggestion: you might like to consider e.g. Notepad++
    Notepad++ Home
    instead of Word as it helps you with HTML syntax & code structure.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor

1. Make Word 2013 the default HTML editor - Similar Threads - Word 2013 default

2. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  3. HTML Editor with HTML Validation

HTML Editor with HTML Validation: Anyone know of a good HTML editor that has a built in validation tool like this: [ATTACH] Thanks, Sonnie
  4. Word Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Editor: Editor seems to have gone through a tedious "upgrade" and I have lost all my previous settings. I've tried multiple times to change them and stop the grammar check highlighting certain things but they don't save. Can anyone advise? Thank you...
  5. How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10

How to make Notepad++ html editor in Windows 10: When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit", only Open. I tried running Notepad++ as administrator, Setting>Preferences>File association, and registered both html and txt extensions, but it did not achieve...
  6. Museo 100 Word 2013

Museo 100 Word 2013: I want to use the font Museo 100 in Word 2013 but I can't find among the list of fonts. May someone tell me what to do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/museo-100-word-2013/53a27c73-3bb6-4ed8-a785-d7900f3f2b3a
  7. Word 2013 with a border

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Word 2013 with a border: Hi, Using a word document & inserting an image. I was attempting to add space around the image as it was too close to the text. From then on it seems, I have an internal box which now surrounds my text which I cannot delete. Your help would be much appreciated. Thank You....
  8. Word 2013

Word 2013: Attention my words 2013 disappear from my laptop Having issues printing & things like I WROTE with Words 2013 Turn to pads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2013/b86e27da-bbc6-46c6-bfa6-2d820cb04a66
  9. Default format Outlook 2013: HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Default format Outlook 2013: HTML: Hi Guys, I have a question. In my environment i want all people to use HTML format as standard in Outlook 2013. So when somebody forwards an email that is in plain text, i want him to send his mail in HTML, instead of plain text too. I installed an ADMX template for...
  10. Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open

Coffeecup HTML Editor Slow to Open: Have upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. The Coffeecup HTML Editor is now slow to open. The box which says do you wish to allow this app to make changes to your computer comes up quickly. Then the circle and cursor start to shudder and it takes 12 secs for editor to open....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make word as default editor of html