Windows 10: Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge?

Discus and support Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I searched the Tutorials and didn't see anything ( I would not be surprised if I missed it)... We would like to make a Shortcut on our Desktop to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LeeB, Jul 9, 2017.

1. LeeB Win User

Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge?

I searched the Tutorials and didn't see anything ( I would not be surprised if I missed it)...

We would like to make a Shortcut on our Desktop to certain web sites we visit.

Using W-7 I would right click and make a shortcut but using Edge does not seem to work?

Thanks for your time.......

:)

LeeB, Jul 9, 2017

2. Desktop Screen not appearing

After W 10 upgrade Desktop screen does not appear even after using keyboard Shortcut W+D.

SreenathAB, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Laker56 Win User
    Windows 10 touchpad has been inverted. How do I invert or reset this setting?

Windows key + W is not a keyboard shortcut.

See this list of keyboard shortcuts that use the windows key. "W" is not on the list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

However I was still able to run device troubleshooter and reinstall the touchpad driver. This did nothing, because the reversed / inverted touchpad must be a Windows 10 setting, I have had this computer originally for 8, then 8.1 and now 10. Touchpad was
    never inverted before.

Any other suggestions?

Laker56, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Actually that wasn't a feature of Win7 itself, but a feature in Internet Explorer that you would have been using. Win10 still has Internet Explorer as well as Edge. You could click the menu in Edge (three dots, top right) and choose 'open with Internet Explorer' then make a shortcut the way you always did. Another way could be to right-click on the site's address, copy, then right-click on the desktop to make a new shortcut. Paste the address into this, click Next and give it a name.

Both these methods make a shortcut that will open in your default browser, whatever you currently have that set for. Use Brink's tutorials if want the site to always open in Edge.

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  6. LeeB Win User
    Thank You much, Apparently I had already done that (and it worked) I just needed to scroll down and find it

My old W-7 I was using Firefox and with this one (being wife and I now have the same computer) we decided to keep them both the same
    Now to figure out how add a icon picture to the short cut

LeeB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge? - Similar Threads - Making Shortcut using

2. shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    shortcut for gmail in microsoft edge: Can I create a shortcut on Microsoft edge for gmail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-for-gmail-in-microsoft-edge/9d7affcb-1684-4335-b5d3-6434b87b5254
  3. Edge keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge keyboard shortcut: open a shortcut on the keyboard that allows me to delete everything from the browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-keyboard-shortcut/74c30967-32fc-4dac-91b7-940fc70a7b71
  4. Shortcut for Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut for Edge: The best thing Internet Explorer could do was put a shortcut on your desktop, a very convenient thing to do. Edge has a feature where you can go to Internet Explorer, presumably to put a shortcut on your desktop. Why not put that feature on Edge, so you can directly put a...
  5. Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Location of Favourites shortcuts: I think I may have to re-install Windows 10, but do not want to lose all the shortcuts to my Favourites, along with the directory structure. Where are these files located, in order that I may back-up ? 40231
  6. Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creating Desktop Shortcut To Website When Using MS Edge: When using any version of IE Explorer, when viewing a webpage and want to create a desktop shortcut to that webpage I would simply right click just about anywhere on the webpage and select Create Desktop Shortcut from the drop-down Menu and Presto a new icon shortcut would...
  7. shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    shortcut w/admin privileges for standard user: Hello, I've just cleaned up a massive malware infection on my grandson's computer (HP Pavilion notebook) and upgraded it to Win 10 from its native Win 8. His account is a standard user vs admin. Everything's working fine. EXCEPT, he plays an online game which requires an...
  8. Make a Windows Update shortcut?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Make a Windows Update shortcut?: I'd like to have an icon or shortcut to Windows Update, preferably in the Start Window. Currently I have to type "Update" in search to get there. 3 steps, very clunky. In Windows 7 we had a link in the Start > Programs Menu. Something like that. 40207
  9. Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Creating shortcuts for Edge and Opera: I'm trying to create some shortcuts to my browsers on my new Windows 10 64bit PC, but I'm stuck on a couple issues: - How can I create a private browsing shortcut for Opera? It's easy to do this for Firefox and Chrome - but I can't figure out how to do it for Opera. -...
  10. Edge W/10

in Browsers and Email
    Edge W/10: Edge will not let me sign in, when I try to use it says will not respond. If I play solitaire I cannot sign in. I use Chrome mostly but at times I do use IE. Solitaire says to sign into my account but cannot connect. Did I do something wrong in set up? 21470