Windows 10: Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge?

Discus and support Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I searched the Tutorials and didn't see anything ( I would not be surprised if I missed it)... We would like to make a Shortcut on our Desktop to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by LeeB, Jul 9, 2017.

1. LeeB Win User

Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge?

I searched the Tutorials and didn't see anything ( I would not be surprised if I missed it)...

We would like to make a Shortcut on our Desktop to certain web sites we visit.

Using W-7 I would right click and make a shortcut but using Edge does not seem to work?

Thanks for your time.......

:)

LeeB, Jul 9, 2017

2. Desktop Screen not appearing

After W 10 upgrade Desktop screen does not appear even after using keyboard Shortcut W+D.

SreenathAB, Jul 9, 2017
  3. Laker56 Win User
    Windows 10 touchpad has been inverted. How do I invert or reset this setting?

Windows key + W is not a keyboard shortcut.

See this list of keyboard shortcuts that use the windows key. "W" is not on the list.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

However I was still able to run device troubleshooter and reinstall the touchpad driver. This did nothing, because the reversed / inverted touchpad must be a Windows 10 setting, I have had this computer originally for 8, then 8.1 and now 10. Touchpad was
    never inverted before.

Any other suggestions?

Laker56, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Actually that wasn't a feature of Win7 itself, but a feature in Internet Explorer that you would have been using. Win10 still has Internet Explorer as well as Edge. You could click the menu in Edge (three dots, top right) and choose 'open with Internet Explorer' then make a shortcut the way you always did. Another way could be to right-click on the site's address, copy, then right-click on the desktop to make a new shortcut. Paste the address into this, click Next and give it a name.

Both these methods make a shortcut that will open in your default browser, whatever you currently have that set for. Use Brink's tutorials if want the site to always open in Edge.

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  6. LeeB Win User
    Thank You much, Apparently I had already done that (and it worked) I just needed to scroll down and find it

My old W-7 I was using Firefox and with this one (being wife and I now have the same computer) we decided to keep them both the same
    Now to figure out how add a icon picture to the short cut

LeeB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Making a Shortcut in W-10 using Edge? - Similar Threads - Making Shortcut using

2. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge-shortcut...: Edge shortcut comes and go on it's own. That's on a computer with Windows 10 Home. I don't mind, it's there, but: Why can't it just stay there?? Instead of should I stay or should I go now?? :-D...
  3. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge-shortcut...: Edge shortcut comes and go on it's own. That's on a computer with Windows 10 Home. I don't mind, it's there, but: Why can't it just stay there?? Instead of should I stay or should I go now?? :-D...
  4. Edge-shortcut...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  6. Fn+W shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fn+W shortcut not working: I have a Razer BlackWidow V3Tenkeyless, and I want to switch WASD and arrow keys for gaming,but when I press Fn on my keyboard,it lights up the F1,F2,F3,FF,F6,F7,F9,F10,F11,F12 and Pause keys, and i cannot use other Fn shortcuts, and Razers software says that the Fn key...
  7. Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Ctrl +W Shortcut: Hello,I got update of Microsoft Photos recently to 2021.21060.9012.0 and shortcut Ctrl +W is not working. It worked earlier, could you fix it?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-ctrl-w-shortcut/dd5b1349-29cf-4da4-9ca7-4c338aaff489
  8. Making shortcuts with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making shortcuts with Windows 10: Is it possible to make desktop shortcuts for websites with Microsoft Edge? I can make them with Internet Explorer but they don't seem to work with Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-shortcuts-with-windows-10/0ce60b30-e290-466b-8740-9691396ff1d3
  9. Shortcut for Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut for Edge: The best thing Internet Explorer could do was put a shortcut on your desktop, a very convenient thing to do. Edge has a feature where you can go to Internet Explorer, presumably to put a shortcut on your desktop. Why not put that feature on Edge, so you can directly put a...
  10. Edge W/10

in Browsers and Email
    Edge W/10: Edge will not let me sign in, when I try to use it says will not respond. If I play solitaire I cannot sign in. I use Chrome mostly but at times I do use IE. Solitaire says to sign into my account but cannot connect. Did I do something wrong in set up? 21470