Windows 10: Making an open window auto-close when the folder to it is deleted?

Discus and support Making an open window auto-close when the folder to it is deleted? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, one thing that's bugged me for a while about Windows 10 is that when I delete a folder and I have that folder open in another window, instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kwesleyb, May 4, 2016.

1. kwesleyb Win User

Making an open window auto-close when the folder to it is deleted?

Hi, one thing that's bugged me for a while about Windows 10 is that when I delete a folder and I have that folder open in another window, instead of that open window auto-closing (like it used to do on Windows 7) it instead takes that window up a directory.

Am I not seeing an obvious check box that can resolve this?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologise if this is a really simple thing to do *Smile

:)

kwesleyb, May 4, 2016
  2. SubGanUS Win User

Start Menu and Cortana not working after Windows 10 installation.

Abdul,

Summary

(a) In Safe Mode with Networking, the file folders window being auto-closed by system continues. I request you to fix that issue.

(b) Since the issue is there in safe mode with networking itself, I did not do a clean boot at all.

Details

I did a safe mode with networking and logged in using a user account.

The windows start menu and Cortana works well there (By the way, they were working well even in normal mode also. No issues.)

I went to File explorer to c:\ and to a some folder. The folder opened as usual. But in another 45 seconds, this window was auto-closed by the same along with a brief blink of the task bar and the icons on the task bar. I did these steps a couple of times
    and the auto-close happened on every occasion.

I logged out and then logged in using a Admin account. The file folder auto close happened there too.

Thanks

Subbu

SubGanUS, May 4, 2016
  3. windows powershell auto opens when I boot up my laptop. Can I close it, or can it be stopped from opening?

windows powershell auto opens when I boot up my laptop. Can I close it, or can it be stopped from opening? Or doesn't it hurt anything if I click on the X and close it?

victordiller, May 4, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

I don't seem to remember that being the case on 7, but will allow for error.

If there is a change that could be made for this, I'd be interested too, just not sure there is.

RWOne, May 4, 2016
  5. kwesleyb Win User
    Well, I guess there isn't a change for it. It's a shame, I really don't like how it works as I work on multiple folders/windows being open at once. Once I've finished up deleting folders, I end up with around 20+ windows minimised to the same location, so I then have to close them all off one by one. Ahh well.

kwesleyb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Making an open window auto-close when the folder to it is deleted? - Similar Threads - Making open window

2. Folders opening and closing on desktop properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders opening and closing on desktop properly: I have a new Dell Windows 10 machine. As I open a new folder the previous folders stack up behind the newest window. If I click on a sub folder it swings to the opposite side of the screen. All this going on makes for a very confusing and difficult to keep up with desktop. I...
  3. when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast: when app/software open, it auto-closes pretty fast someone say its maybe anti virus or firewall but when something is blocked via firewall it shows a popup so it couldnt be firewall, yes? how troubleshoot? also there's no anti vrius so cant be that 146942
  4. WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT

WHEN OPENING A FILE FOLDER AND CLOSING IT: WHEN I OPEN A FILE FOLDER AND THEN SUCCESSIVE FOLDERS CONTAINED WITHIN THE FIRST ONE I FIND THAT IN ORDER TO CLOSE OUT I MUST CLOSE MULTIPLE FOLDERS. I WANT TO MAKE IT SO THAT I CAN CLOSE ONE FOLDER AND BE DONE WITH IT. I AM SEARCHING FOR A SETTING TO FIX THIS ISSUE....
  5. Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program: I downloaded a zip-file earlier this week and extracted the contents into a folder (I'll just call this Folder A). I used the .exe program in it and I deleted the program after I was done using it. This morning I needed to use program so I re-downloaded the same program from...
  6. Discord beeping when deleted and closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord beeping when deleted and closed: my discord is beeping but i deleted it even from recycle bin but it's still beeping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-beeping-when-deleted-and-closed/e3a78bb3-cab3-45d5-80e4-39c2d4cffc4c
  7. mikrosoft programs close when opened

mikrosoft programs close when opened: so i have gotten a problem with my microsoft programs, like calculator, the mail program, and one note(these are the one i have tryed) i have had this problem for over 2 months now. it dosn't have huge effekts on y life but, it has some annoying parts....
  8. programs auto closing

programs auto closing: hi guys i have opened the builtin admn by changing the cmd to sethc so whenever i press shift 5 times at login it opens the cmd for me to type the net user admin /active:yes command but my question is i open taskmgr with the cmd i mentioned before I run programs from "run...
  9. Windows Store auto close after opening

Windows Store auto close after opening: Hi, Recently I had to clone my HDD cause it was dying. After that I had a problem with start menu, notifications, search bar not working anymore, but I've managed to repair that. (here's the topic : Start menu, search, notifications not working; Dism not working (error...
  10. Taskbar flashing when closing folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar flashing when closing folder: Hello, I have a weird problem with Windows 10. Randomly, when I close a folder, the taskbar flashes for a fraction of a second, allowing in that very short time for the wallpaper to be seen. I close the folder, the deskopt refreshes quickly and the taskbar flashes / blinks /...