Windows 10: Making explorer open windows beside each other

Discus and support Making explorer open windows beside each other in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MoutonRustique, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Making explorer open windows beside each other

Hello!

Is there a way to tell explorer to open new windows beside already open windows - as opposed to overlapping them. I've been trying to find a way to do this ever since I tried Linux for a little bit and the file manager windows would open besides each other and contextually sized (rox file manager, I think it was). That was amazing.

I've been trying to figure out a way to get something equivalent in windows every since - no dice.

Is there a way to this in win10?

Also, what are the steps/folders required to manipulate the "all apps" menu (as well as the start menu) : I've got folders in there from which I wish to "extract" the content so that it isn't in a folder anymore and conversely, I would very much like to be able to add folders of shortcuts to the main start area to function as the win7 programs menu.

Sorry if all this was already answered elsewhere, all I've found about customizing the start area doesn't deal with what I'm hoping to do - or if it does, I did not figure it out...

Thank you.

:)

MoutonRustique, Aug 6, 2015

2. File Explorer opens new window for each sub-level folder

When I open File Explorer and click on a folder to access files. Each click opens in a new window. If I have documents 2-5 levels down, each level opens a new File Explorer window. Example: click on folder icon; click on desk top folder (opens new window);
    click on sub folder church (opens new window); click on sub folder art work (opens new window); click on folder bulletins (opens new window); etc. etc etc. How do I make it stop, so that each click opens in the same window?

CameliaEaves, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Making computers visible to each other on a home wireless network so I can set up Network and Sharing or a Homegroup

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query kin Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

As an initial recommendation, follow these steps to run the Windows Home group troubleshooter and check if it helps:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Home Group option from the list.
    Hope this helps, if the issue persists do reply us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Making explorer open windows beside each other

1. Making explorer open windows beside each other - Similar Threads - Making explorer open

2. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  3. Making dual external monitors extend across each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making dual external monitors extend across each other: Just migrated from a Windows 10 to a Windows 11 Surface pro 9. Have two external monitors on a dock. Settuings/Devices sees the three monitors, will let me duplicate monitors 2 and 3, but will not let me extend across 2 and 3??...
  4. Windows behind each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows behind each other.: Good afternoon I am having trouble with my PC its worth mentioning that it is a custom built PC not sure if that matters. So what is going on is after using my PC for a bit for work I have multiple windows open for work and after a bit of using it windows will start to hide...
  5. Windows behind each other.

Windows behind each other.: Good afternoon I am having trouble with my PC its worth mentioning that it is a custom built PC not sure if that matters. So what is going on is after using my PC for a bit for work I have multiple windows open for work and after a bit of using it windows will start to hide...
  6. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...: I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open...
  7. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...: I have the same problem as this person: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1011006but I have a windows 10 and the solution does not show up in the Taskbar settings. Is there an updated version of solution for Windows 10? Here is the OPs original question."When I open...
  8. How to display different windows beside each other not on top of each other at bottom task...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Cannot Place Folders Next To Each Other: I'm not really sure what the root cause is - but Explore is NOT placing folders and other same items exactly next to each other. I have "type" selected so folders group together, documents group together, and so on. But, items aren't grouped together. Instead, I see...
  10. explorer windows merge/bleed into each other

in Windows 10 Support
    explorer windows merge/bleed into each other: so when I open an excel, SAP, Outlook and other programs, the usually sort of 'bleed' into each other and get stuck that way. Killing explorer sometimes work but mostly only a restart will solve this... Tried updating drivers, BIOS, re-image the system... Nothing seems to...