Windows 10: Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

Discus and support Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge? 80795 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alfred001, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge?

:)

Alfred001, Apr 2, 2017

2. Opening telephone number links in the edge browser.

When I open telephone links on the edge browser, expecting the number to be passed to the phone and commence dialling the number. However on my Lumia 640 with win 10 installed. The link offers to open my Skype preview app only leading me to make a Skype
    call.

The alternative is to write down the phone number on the link, then open the phone app and dial the number.

Is there a way to allow links to be opened directly in the phone app?

LeeChandler, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Opening telephone number links in the edge browser.

Thanks for the reply

the version on my phone is,

windows 10 mobile version 1607

os build 10.0.14393.693

edge 38.14393.693.0

thanks

LeeChandler, Apr 2, 2017
  4. mopar3 Win User

Make Fire Fox your default browser.

mopar3, Apr 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail? - Similar Threads - Making FFox browser

2. Link in internet browser will not open outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link in internet browser will not open outlook: I'm in Microsoft Edge. I'm clicking on a site that says email us. I get no response when I click on the icon. Outlook should open but it doesn't. Anyhelp is appreciated....
  3. Mail App doesn't recognize a portable browser to open links?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App doesn't recognize a portable browser to open links?: I recenlty have placed a few apps on this older Win 10 pc as portable programs, on a SSD Card. Quicker boot up and quicker performance of those apps. Now when I go to open links in Windows Mail app it can't open them. Is this not allowable? Is there a work around or does a...
  4. Mail App doesn't recognize a portable browser to open links?

Mail App doesn't recognize a portable browser to open links?: I recenlty have placed a few apps on this older Win 10 pc as portable programs, on a SSD Card. Quicker boot up and quicker performance of those apps. Now when I go to open links in Windows Mail app it can't open them. Is this not allowable? Is there a work around or does a...
  5. Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11: I am trying to set Google Chrome as my only default browser on Windows 11 but some links are still opening on Chromium Edge instead. Is there any way to fix this so I can consistently use Google Chrome as my default browser?...
  6. Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11

Links are opening in the wrong browser Win11: I am trying to set Google Chrome as my only default browser on Windows 11 but some links are still opening on Chromium Edge instead. Is there any way to fix this so I can consistently use Google Chrome as my default browser?...
  7. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  8. Links in Mail open slowly

Links in Mail open slowly: For the last few days, when I click on a link in an email on Mail, it takes 30 seconds or so for the page to come up. Links used to open immediately, but now they don't. I'm running Version 16005.12624.20368.0 of Mail on Windows 10, and my default browser is Firefox. I'd give...
  9. Links don't open in default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  10. Opening up mail link in Default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opening up mail link in Default browser: Hello I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link. When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens, This is the page......