Windows 10: Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

Discus and support Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge? 80795 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alfred001, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail?

Is it possible to make it so that when you click on a link in Mail it is opened in Firefox rather than Edge?

:)

Alfred001, Apr 2, 2017

2. Opening telephone number links in the edge browser.

When I open telephone links on the edge browser, expecting the number to be passed to the phone and commence dialling the number. However on my Lumia 640 with win 10 installed. The link offers to open my Skype preview app only leading me to make a Skype
    call.

The alternative is to write down the phone number on the link, then open the phone app and dial the number.

Is there a way to allow links to be opened directly in the phone app?

LeeChandler, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Opening telephone number links in the edge browser.

Thanks for the reply

the version on my phone is,

windows 10 mobile version 1607

os build 10.0.14393.693

edge 38.14393.693.0

thanks

LeeChandler, Apr 2, 2017
  4. mopar3 Win User

Make Fire Fox your default browser.

mopar3, Apr 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Making FFox the browser for opening links in Mail? - Similar Threads - Making FFox browser

2. Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail - Unable to open links: Since i updated my Windows 10 to the latest build version 17763.557, I'm unable to open links in e-mails on Windows 10 Mail program using my standard browser Firefox. Although if I use another browser like for example, Edge, it opens normally like it did before this new...
  3. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  4. Mail links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail links: In the past, whenever I click on a link in an email I'm taken directly to my browser and the link tab opens. Now when I hit a link in and email I can see the tab open in the browser but the mail window remains on top. What setting has changed? Is it MS mail or in my...
  5. opening link.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    opening link.: my computer is somehow set to open new window instead opening a new tab. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/opening-link/e72bfcf5-58f9-4ae0-ba42-9e2c89735733
  6. Links don't open in default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links don't open in default browser: I have Firefox set as my default browser, but clicking on links opens Chrome instead of Firefox. Firefox is set as the default in Windows 10 and shows as the default in both Firefox and Chrome....
  7. Opening up mail link in Default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opening up mail link in Default browser: Hello I run a website that includes a way to send email to members by clicking on an email link. When one of my clients clicks on an email link on a web site that is supposed to open a compose message in her email program, nothing happens, This is the page......
  8. Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0

in Browsers and Email
    Opening links in Microsoft Mail Version 17.8241.41275.0: I have two Comcast email accounts on Mail. I can open email links on Comcast site, but not in Mail. Any ideas how to do such? I have attached what I get when trying to open the link. 90825
  9. out of browser web links take forever to open

in Browsers and Email
    out of browser web links take forever to open: I am building a system for my cousin, Bard new system, all virgin parts and a brand new installation of Windows 10. Everything is running just fine, EXCEPT one problem! When i click on any links which are in other programs besides the web browsers they seem to take up to...
  10. Locate link browser

in Browsers and Email
    Locate link browser: After I upgraded to Windows 10 I am unable to click on any link in Outlook 2003. I get a popup that says "Locate link browser". I searched for a solution and read that I needed to associate it with IExplore.exe. After doing that, now whenever I click a link it opens IExplore...