Windows 10: Making Installation disks

Discus and support Making Installation disks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I recently found a copy of a few old Windows Operating Systems and wanted to make installation disks from them, I have the copies in ISO files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by L Mttrs, Jul 14, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

Making Installation disks

Hi,

I recently found a copy of a few old Windows Operating Systems and wanted to make installation disks from them, I have the copies in ISO files and have extra thumb drives I would put them on, this is the question: do I need any sort of special program to make the bootable disk, or can I just extract the ISO myself and not do anything special? I know you need a special program for making a live CD/USB, but I wondered if it's any different with just making it an installation disk. These are the Operating Systems I have: Windows 95 and 98, Windows XP, and Windows 2000. Thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Jul 14, 2018
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Steam does not install from disk?!?!

no you're doing steps 1 and 2 wrong. steam creates the directory, you stop steam and then you install the game from the disk to that directory.

also steam must be off, not in offline mode but off, aka no steam services in the task manager when you install the game.

yogurt_21, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Making Installation disks

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Making Installation disks

1. Making Installation disks - Similar Threads - Making Installation disks

2. Making a Bootable Windows Installation disk from an FFU file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a Bootable Windows Installation disk from an FFU file: HII am trying to duplicate a master Windows 10 IOT LTSC system which has 2 Volumes C: and D:. Initially I had just one volume and the DISM tool made it easy for me to make a bootable disk by mountain the Windows ISO and replacing the install.wim file.Since I now have 2...
  3. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  4. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  5. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4
  6. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk is full, make space...: I have used all of the suggestions given by Microsoft on my computer. Cleaned disk or all temporary files and personal files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-is-full-make-space/bf6dcf85-7b24-4030-b811-f27ceb16dae4
  7. Disk is full, make space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Problems making a recovery disk

Problems making a recovery disk: Hello, I am having problems making a recovery disk. I have a Pavilion DV6 that had a hard drive failure, I got a new SSD Samsong 860 EVO 500GB but can not seem to get windows reinstalled. I ran the MS media creation tool. I start it, select "Create installation media for...
  9. Make clone disk bootable?

Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  10. Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk

Can't seem to make a recovery disk or install disk: I've tried using the "Create a Recovery Drive" and have tried making my own installation media using the "Media Creation Tool". Both seem to do nothing, just constantly search. The Media Creation Tool stays on the "getting a few things ready" screen for upwards of half an...