Windows 10: Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 has been a great journey so far. Following the plan we originally outlined in June, more than 110M devices have upgraded. If you’re already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10

Source: Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

Where is the ability to set data usage quotas?

In Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 [Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Windows Experience Blog],
    Terry Myerson [Executive Vice President, Windows and Devices Group] stated that

"Windows 10 contains a number of features for those on metered connections, including monitoring data usage by application and setting data usage quotas"

I have been crawling all over Settings, Control panel & Windows 10 online Help and I cannot find anywhere to set data usage quotas [by application or otherwise].

Where is this setting?

Tryx3, Oct 28, 2015
  3. make windows 10 easier to use

What problem are facing?

Would you mind explain your issue in details?

You could use search and easily find everything you want.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

*Haha No freebies *Roflmao2

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  5. Leopard Win User
    " Windows 10 will not automatically download updates on a metered connection unless there is a security issue addressed within the update" ..... So let's hope the 'exception' to the rule is not a cumulative update whopper. and "Early next year, we expect to be re-categorizing Windows 10 as a “Recommended Update”. Pre-ticked. Not a good idea.

Leopard, Oct 29, 2015
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Someone should inform Moobs Myerson that Windows 10 is already a 'Recommended' update. One that if the end user chooses to hide, Microsoft overrides by re-issuing the update.

Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 [​IMG]

ARC1020, Oct 29, 2015
  7. zooburner Win User
    So what's different from the tactics they have already been using, they still intend to download an update, even without your consideration ? Why cant Microsoft learn from the mistakes of the past few weeks

zooburner, Oct 29, 2015
  8. LittleJay Win User

This is why I have Windows Updates on my W8.1 install set to inform me when there are updates, rather than set to auto.

LittleJay, Oct 29, 2015
  9. I like and use Windows 10. Still think making the upgrade automatic is a bad bad move. IMHO, that's going to backfire on them. At least they are giving fair warning instead of just doing it on the sly.

alphanumeric, Oct 29, 2015
  10. Leopard Win User
    Very few will read 'the fair warning' or even know it exists. There are so many users who just reply 'yes' to anything that is put in front of them - it comes from MS, so we can trust it !!! When the Update to W10 becomes a recommended update for W7/8 users, I wonder if there will be a compatibility check done on the hardware prior to it being offered - like the utility in the reserve W10 does.

Leopard, Oct 29, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    I never permit any software to auto update, I like to have a little bit of control over my PC.

12. simrick Win User
    *Ditto

simrick, Oct 29, 2015
  13. sygnus21 Win User

Ok we get it... 31 days. What happens after that? Some have stated their old PID keys still worked after 30 plus days when they decided to revert back to their old OS so that's good news. But I also note here how many times MS stressed 31 days so I wonder if there's more to come after that should one take longer than 31 days to revert back? Seeing how "aggressive" Microsoft is going to get in pushing Windows 10 out who knows what this might mean in the coming months?

Just a thought.

BTW I'm running Windows 10 on two machines and loving it, so my question is not MS hate. Thank you.

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2015
  14. hTconeM9user, Oct 29, 2015
  15. fredc Win User
    I wouldn't trust anything they say , i have all auto update options turned off in Win 7 and and just check manually for security updates but to my disgust when i logged on yesterday i saw the "get Windows 10" logo in the bottom right hand corner of my laptop again .

They are really pissing off a ton of people with this and now they plan to change it to recommended next year LOL .

fredc, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Making it Easier to Upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Making Easier Upgrade

2. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  3. Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three Ways to Make Life With Windows Easier: Here are three things that everyone can do to make living with Windows so much easier:1- Backup every dayWith commercial backup software you can backup your computer every day, automatically, on whatever schedule you choose, while you continue to use your computer. Like the...
  4. Making window resizing easier

in Windows 10 Support
    Making window resizing easier: Is there any way to change how close the mouse pointer has to be to a window border in order to resize it? On my system (running version 1909) the pointer has to be within a few pixels of the border in order to get it to turn into the double-ended arrow, which can be kind of...
  5. Windows 10 makes it easier to discover optional drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 makes it easier to discover optional drivers: Microsoft released a new Windows 10 development build last week which increased the build to 19536 for Fast Ring systems. In the announcement, which Microsoft used to provide information on Windows 10 development team changes as well, the company revealed plans to make it...
  6. Twitter making rules easier to understand

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter making rules easier to understand: Our rules exist to help keep everyone using Twitter safe and ensure they can participate freely in the public conversation. Over time, we’ve added new rules and updated existing ones, but these changes eventually made our rules confusing and difficult to understand. So...
  7. Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to make font management easier on Windows 10: The next feature update, currently codenamed 19H1 and also known as Windows 10 version 1903, will come with improvements to the font management. The Settings app in Windows 10 comes with a font section that allows users to download, set up and configure fonts on the operating...
  8. Making it easier for Enterprise customers upgrade to IE11 & Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Making it easier for Enterprise customers upgrade to IE11 & Windows 10: As we shared last year, a top priority for Microsoft is helping our Enterprise customers stay up-to-date with the latest version of Internet Explorer. This is particularly important for Windows 7 customers who are upgrading to Internet Explorer 11 by January 12, 2016 to...
  9. Windows 10: Making Deployment Easier

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Making Deployment Easier: As Joe mentioned in this blog post, the amount of interest in the Windows 10 preview has been phenomenal. We appreciate that IT pros are trying out the new features and providing feedback. But more importantly, we appreciate the sheer number of devices that you are upgrading...
  10. Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Easier for Enterprise customers to upgrade to IE11 and Windows 10: Helping our Enterprise customers stay up-to-date with the latest version of the browser is a top priority for Microsoft. This is particularly important for Windows 7 customers who should upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 by January 12, 2016 to continue receiving security...