Windows 10: Making menu and font text bold.

Discus and support Making menu and font text bold. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iamsmokie, Jan 29, 2016.

1. iamsmokie Win User

Making menu and font text bold.

I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing?

:)

iamsmokie, Jan 29, 2016
  2. Kostov Win User

Bold font option in Windows 10?

The answer is incorrect. It does not answer the question. The author did not asked how to change font family, but how to make it bold. Which are completely different things. As far as I now it is not possible to make text bold. This is one of the biggest
    disadvantages of Windows 10 against Windows 8, where it is possible to set both, Font family and boldness of the font. Increasing the size is not the same as increasing boldness. Because people who suffer with astigmatism needs to use bold font - e.g. to make
    the font look wider. The difference is that if you make font larger its height is bigger. Whilst if you make it bold, you make it wider. The size changes, x,y dimensions, whilst boldness changes the width only. I would be like if MS realize that there is a
    need to make the text bold for people with eyes diseases.

Kostov, Jan 29, 2016
  3. E61i fonts

how can I enlarge the fonts on the E61i in sms, e-mail and all other input text areas? I tried Psiloc Font Magnifier V1.30 but this application only enlarges the menu text which is already large enough to read. I am looking for a solution to make sms,
    e-mail text and all other input text either at least bold permanently or increase / change the fonts. thank you for your help.

steff---01, Jan 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Making menu and font text bold. [​IMG]

That's where you need to be..
    (Windows key + X, click Control Panel launches the CP)

or
    Settings, search for Display, scroll down and keep clicking advanced settings

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
  5. iamsmokie Win User
    I do not want to change the size, I want to make it bold. I am very familiar with the control panel screen you have mentioned. On my screen I cannot make it bold because that is grayed out.

Thank you for your reply.

Smokie

QUOTE=dalchina;551245]
    Making menu and font text bold. [​IMG]

That's where you need to be..
    (Windows key + X, click Control Panel launches the CP)

or
    Settings, search for Display, scroll down and keep clicking advanced settings[/QUOTE]

iamsmokie, Jan 29, 2016
  6. KeithM Win User

KeithM, Jan 29, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Thank you for identifying your actual problem

dalchina, Jan 29, 2016
  8. iamsmokie Win User

iamsmokie, Jan 29, 2016
  9. KeithM Win User
    Go ahead & create the key as well, them. Note there is no space between the words.

Keith

KeithM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Making menu and font text bold. - Similar Threads - Making menu font

2. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  3. How to make website fonts bold and easier to read

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make website fonts bold and easier to read: My 80 year old eyes don't do the job they used to do. I like to go onto my computer in the bedroom after waking, and though the screen it is attached to across the room is a 55" TV, I have difficulty reading many webpages because the fonts, while large enough, are not bold...
  4. Balloon Bold Font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Balloon Bold Font: I have used Balloon Bold font in my logo for over 20 years but when Windows 10 took over the industry suddenly it will not display properly in any of my programs word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, etc. How can I get this font to display properly? In addition to it not displaying...
  5. Browser font in Italic Bold

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browser font in Italic Bold: [ATTACH] Hey, I have an issue for a long time and never really found how to solve it. In some website font appear italic bold in a really weird way, I don't know what happens but it's with all browser (and only on the browser) firefox, brave, chrome, edge... I check...
  6. make fonts bold or darker

make fonts bold or darker: I hope this is the right community how do I make all fonts bold or darker in windows 10 home 64 bits version 1903 on 1 HP Smart Notebook PC and after i make the change, how do i save the changes so i don't have to re do the changes each time i re start the PC all my...
  7. Fonts in English and bold fonts

Fonts in English and bold fonts: I was on the phone 2 hours today with 2 different people from Microsoft Technical Support. When I pulled up, what I thought, were available fonts, I found out they are not available for me to use. But to show me what I can upload from Microsoft. ANY font I want, I have to...
  8. making fonts bold therefore easier to read

making fonts bold therefore easier to read: Hello I have been reading some of the comments about later editions of Windows 10 home, having "improvements" which effectively make life harder for some users, myself included. I have a mild visual impairment and need to have fonts in BOLD for ease of reading/eyesight on...
  9. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  10. File Explorer Font is Bold

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Font is Bold: When I open File Explorer I find its font is Bold. I must have changed some setting somewhere to cause that. How can I return it to normal. Thank you 77165