Windows 10: Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Independent rendering allows the browser to selectively offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, so they can be rendered with minimal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

Source: Making the web smoother with independent rendering - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Aug 16, 2017
  2. Steve C Win User

Very useful. Does Chrome render in this way?

:)

Steve C, Aug 17, 2017
  3. dvmrp Win User
    Edge does not play Youtube well, even upgraded to Creators

I selected "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" but could not find the option "Enable SmartScreen Filter". There is an option called "Enable Windows Defender Smartscreen" and it's disabled.

The video is significantly smoother and audio is not breaking. However, CPU utiliziation is also significantly higher than Chrome when playing the same video through the same connection. It's around 80+% against ~50%. Also, the 4k option is not available
    in Edge, but it's there in Chrome and can be played smoothly.

Is it because Microsoft Edge not optimized for Microsoft Surface Pro?

dvmrp, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Babu V Win User

Enable ActiveX in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge?

Hi,

ActiveX is not supported by Edge browser and I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer.
    To make Microsoft Edge a faster, smoother browsing experience, it was designed to use the latest technologies. If the website you are trying to view uses older technologies, such as certain types of frames or ActiveX controls, it won’t display correctly
    in Edge.

Windows 10 Review: Microsoft Edge web browser

Hope this helps.

Babu V, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Making web smoother

2. Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling in Microsoft Edge could be smoother in the future.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ryj3yt/scrolling_in_microsoft_edge_could_be_smoother_in/
  3. Make laptop run smoother

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make laptop run smoother: I want to make my laptop run smoother for stop lagging. Should I delete all files in App Data / Local / Temp or keep it ?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-laptop-run-smoother/68ecbe91-48f8-4a32-8a93-e68d60d577bb
  4. Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] The past few months have forever changed the way we work, learn and play each day. Our routines have been entirely disrupted, and we’ve had to adapt to new ways to stay productive, entertained and healthy. This change in our global landscape has...
  5. Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Facebook web site not rendered properly.: I'm at a loss on this one. A friend asked me for help. He uses Edge. He claims he cleared his Edge browser cache and cookies and now when he goes on Facebook pictures people post can no longer be seen. Only a placeholder describing the photo in text. If you go to the...
  6. Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  7. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  8. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  9. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...
  10. Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Make a Web Note on webpages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...