Windows 10: making website desktop shortcut on tablet

Discus and support making website desktop shortcut on tablet in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; rca cambio w101 v2 w10, explorer asked about stuff before, was never sure of things I have couple of website dsktp shortcuts, but now cant figure out... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ImLost, Apr 23, 2017.

1. ImLost Win User

making website desktop shortcut on tablet

rca cambio w101 v2 w10, explorer
    asked about stuff before, was never sure of things
    I have couple of website dsktp shortcuts, but now cant figure out how to do it again. Something could be wrong, I'll be sending it back soon, but meantime.....

:)

ImLost, Apr 23, 2017

2. Custom apps on tablet mode desktop

I am using a Surface 3, mostly in tablet mode. I am making great use of Microsoft One Note.

I have several One Note files. I wish to create a group on the tablet mode desktop, which has a shortcut to load a specific One Note file, rather than load One Note and choose from the lists....

I can create a shortcut to the windows desktop, but not the tablet desktop.... any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul le Tissier, Apr 23, 2017
  3. how do I put my favourites on the desktop as a shortcut instead of delving through favourites everytime.Windows 10 novice

To put a shortcut to a website on your desktop, do this:

• Right-click a blank space on your desktop, choose New, then Shortcut
    • Type or copy/paste the website URL address into the box, then click Next
    This will create a desktop shortcut to the website.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 23, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

Theres three things you can try:

1) Right click on the tab of the site you wish to keep and pin. This way the tab will automatically load each time you use Edge.

2) Favourite the site on to the favourites bar. You can show the bar in Edge's settings

3) Copy the url, then right click on the desktop, select new then choose shortcut. Now paste the url you copied into the box and finish. The icon will change to that of Edge so you will be able to open it in the future.

swarfega, Apr 24, 2017
  5. ImLost Win User
    don't get your info, I'm not using edge, I said explorer. And "aotom. load.....favorites bar....". All I want is a desktop shortcut. Was so simple in w8, one click="create a shortcut?" and all done. And how did this get here? I must have clicked wrong, thought it was in the general category

like I said, I already have dsktp shortcut, to google for example. dbl clk it and up it comes. But I cant remember how I did it.

ImLost, Apr 24, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Your first line was garbage, I couldn't understand it. You can still create desktop shortcuts in windows 10 as I described in part 3.

swarfega, Apr 24, 2017
  7. ImLost Win User
    I am meaning ("get") I don't understand why you referred to the use of "Edge", when I said I'm using Explorer. That's what my garbage first line meant, as in 'I don't get it'.
    I get the "e/edge"-looking white box instead of some visual looking reference to the web page, like things used to be. That's all I want to do. It is possible, as I have a goggle and a yahoo desktop shortcut icon, google with their "G" showing, yahoo with an envelope. But cant remember how I did it. Internet search has a bizarre array of people saying all different ways, none of which show things the way they say, such as a certain option it says to click on does not appear.

ImLost, Apr 27, 2017
  8. Edwin New Member

making website desktop shortcut on tablet [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 27, 2017
  9. ImLost Win User
    so what is your point?? I said I have the google desktop shortcut, with the "G" like it should be.

ImLost, Apr 27, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member

then drag site tile to desktop for a shortcut.

Edwin, Apr 27, 2017
  11. ImLost Win User
    still don't get it, are you 'saying' bring up the website I want, click "add site to apps" then do the drag thing?
    For one thing, I cant find "add site to apps" anywhere.

ImLost, Apr 27, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    Open Internet Explorer, navigate to a desired site, click on the Settings 'sprocket' (1), click on 'Add site to Apps' (2),

drag the newly created shortcut from the Start Menu to your desktop (3),

Edwin, Apr 28, 2017
  13. ImLost Win User

Don't have the sprocket.

ImLost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. making website desktop shortcut on tablet - Similar Threads - making website desktop

2. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Browsers and Email
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I like to keep the customize icons as a shortcut but most change to a generic icon when dragging. How to fix on Win10 Home? 178221
  3. I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to make a shortcut to a website on my desktop: To a website, how to do it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-make-a-shortcut-to-a-website-on-my/6b975378-9774-4a6f-9d4a-d656711f9bbd
  4. The website shortcuts on my desktop keep dissapearing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The website shortcuts on my desktop keep dissapearing.: First off. I'm not sure if this is the appropriate subreddit to ask about this but I thought this would be best. So I recently had to download Chrome Portable for school related reasons. I have to do work on a website that requires Flash but since that was shutdown we now...
  5. website as a desktop shortcut

website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  6. Desktop website shortcuts

Desktop website shortcuts: I have recently reset chrome due to a pesky pop up that wouldn't go away but unfortunately i forgot that most of the website shortcuts i created to the desktop only open to the default google search page now and some won't recreate at all, after doing some searching i found...
  7. How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?

How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?: Friend trying to put icon from a website on her desktop for easy access. On my computer you just highlight URL and drag to desktop. Hers won't do it! Brand new computer, so I'm assuming latest MS OS. Somebody tell me we're just dorks and it's easy to do! ***Modified...
  8. Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble creating a website shortcut on the desktop: Windows 10. Chrome browser. Can't seem to add website shortcut to the desktop. Search said to left click the icon to the left of the website address & pull it to the desktop, but left-clicking doesn't "grab" the icon....
  9. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?: Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad 11027
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...