Windows 10: Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users...

Discus and support Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I was on XP for many, many years. Only switched over to Win 8.1 last April. I couldn't get used to the Windows 8.1 'Metro' UI on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mingle, Sep 12, 2015.

1. mingle Win User

Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users...

Hi Guys, I was on XP for many, many years. Only switched over to Win 8.1 last April.

I couldn't get used to the Windows 8.1 'Metro' UI on my desktop PC, so I installed Classic Shell.

What a difference!

Looked and worked pretty much as my old XP system did. Same deal on Windows 10.

It can be configured and fine-tuned (to be more like, XP, Vista, Win 7), but works fine 'out of the box'.

The Metro UI is all but gone, old start menus are back. The functionality of Explorer is restored. It makes such a difference.

I'm not here to peddle Classic Shell, and have not affiliation or connection with it or the devs, but when I see some of the difficulties people have with configuring the new Win 10 UI, I feel it's worth mentioning this as a way to easy users into Windows 10.

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, Sep 12, 2015

2. PC games not in fullscreen in Windows 10

I Use this trick for many years on win xp, vista, 7, and 8.1, but it is not applicable on win 10!

Abdolkarim Behravan, Sep 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Update Stalled

That's for win vista, xp, 7 nd 8. I have 10.....

MikeBehuniak, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Yeah, true. With the missing start menu (a stupid idea, if you ask me) of Windows 8, I started using Classic Shell as well. It is a really nice tool. Now I have Windows 10 on the machine, Classic Shell migrated to it nicely and I don't see a reason to start using the Microsoft start menu now. I do not like apps, I do not want apps and with Classic Shell, there also are no apps. That is good.

Joergi, Sep 12, 2015
  5. xpclient Win User
    Classic Shell is awesome for anyone wanting extra customization that used to come with the OS itself once upon a time.

xpclient, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Making Win 10 easy for Win XP/Vista/7 users... - Similar Threads - Making easy Vista

2. Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset: After updating Vista to Win 7 & Win 10, what would happen if I reset computer.I would like to reinstall Win 10.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-win-7-then-win-10-reset/81eae0e2-b860-408f-81c9-59db287950b1
  3. Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vista, Win 7 then Win 10 reset: After updating Vista to Win 7 & Win 10, what would happen if I reset computer.I would like to reinstall Win 10.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vista-win-7-then-win-10-reset/81eae0e2-b860-408f-81c9-59db287950b1
  4. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  5. playing vista /xp games on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing vista /xp games on win 10: playing old xp/ vista games on win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-vista-xp-games-on-win-10/fac85af1-2488-4204-b891-3a9301380631
  6. win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 & vista to 10 upgrades??: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have a desktop that has the factory key to vista,but the HHD is formatted, it has the factory product key on the case, the...
  7. Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp

Upgrade to Win 10 from dual boot win 7 / win xp: I upgraded from win xp to a dual boot win xp / win 7 by using a win 7 upgrade disk. win 7 is now stable so I don't need win xp any longer and don't need a dual boot system. win 7 is on sata drive c with data also on that sata drive as drive d. win xp is on an old ide drive...
  8. Make Win 10 like Win 7

Make Win 10 like Win 7: I'll soon be in the market for a new laptop. Is there a way to make Windows 10 EXACTLY like Windows 7? I had Win 10 for about a week, and I absolutely despise it. It was easier for me to find files & programs back during the old DOS days. I know how to get around easily...
  9. Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10: Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 The Complete Guide for Home Networks and Sharing Learn it, Master it and Enjoy it. Fast, Secure and Easy "Revised 7-03-2018 Final" 7 Easy to Understand Detailed Steps 1. Initial Network Settings. 2. HomeGroup...
  10. windows 10 win 7 and vista

windows 10 win 7 and vista: I have windows vista and 7 on dual boot, same drive . I ask the board if it is possible to install win 10 on an other partion and keep all 3 on the same drive. If it's possible how I will go about. thank you for any support 78920