Windows 10: Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released

Discus and support Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In September 2016, we started adding to Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) a malware suite of browser modifiers and other Trojans... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...malware-suite/

See also:

Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Feb 22, 2017

2. MRT.exe

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that MRT.exe is the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. MRT.exe is the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It scans for malicious files like viruses in the background and is updating itself every patch day.

The Malicious Software Removal Tool is released on the second Tuesday of every month. Each release of the tool helps detect and remove current, prevalent malicious software. This malicious software includes viruses, worms, and Trojan horses. Microsoft
    uses several metrics to determine the prevalence of a malicious software family and the damage that can be associated with it.

Refer the link below and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/890830

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Is there a difference between Windows Defender full scan and MS Windows Malicious Software removal tool full scan in Win10?

Malicious Software Removal Tool

Once a month, a new version of the Malicious Software Removal tool appears in Windows Update.

This tool checks your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove the infection if it is found.
    Microsoft will release an updated version of this tool on the second Tuesday of each month.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool does not replace an antivirus product.

The Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool differs from an antivirus product in three key ways:

•The tool removes malicious software from an already-infected computer. Antivirus products block malicious software from running on a computer. It is significantly more desirable to block malicious software from running on a computer than to remove it after
    infection.

•The tool removes only specific prevalent malicious software. Specific prevalent malicious software is a small subset of all the malicious software that exists today.

•The tool focuses on the detection and removal of active malicious software. Active malicious software is malicious software that is currently running on the computer. The tool cannot remove malicious software that is not running.
    However, an antivirus product can perform this task.

Unquote Published by Brink

`~`

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/890830

`~`

MSRT is updated with Windows Update and thus if/when a computer is updated, the more significant malware at the time can be detected and removed.

Windows Defender needs to be deliberately installed.

Nothing other than good safety and security practices will replace MSRT:

Safety & Security

There is no one tool that will currently replace MSRT

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Joanne Win User

Hey Brink, thanks for the update *Smile

I don't know if I am off-topic but today I have received this:

Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released [​IMG]

If off-topic, please remove my post.

Thank you *Smile

Joanne, Feb 22, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Joanne,

The KB890830 update would be the one for this. *Smile

Brink, Feb 22, 2017
  6. Received flash yesterday and this one downloaded and just installing now so far so good

hTconeM9user, Feb 22, 2017
  7. DooGie Win User
    Same here.

DooGie, Feb 22, 2017
  8. jtjt00 Win User

Out of 3 machines, only one managed to install this (KB890830) through windows update.
    Is there is a manual way to download and install it. I tried through MS catalog and what it did is to scan, but not install.

jtjt00, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.45 released - Similar Threads - Malicious Software Removal

2. malicious software removal tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malicious software removal tool: Is there anyway to determine if the tool removed anything during the W11 update process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-software-removal-tool/cd9309e3-4ce2-4bea-aac9-af0b052f78ca
  3. malicious software removal tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malicious software removal tool: Is there anyway to determine if the tool removed anything during the W11 update process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-software-removal-tool/cd9309e3-4ce2-4bea-aac9-af0b052f78ca
  4. Malicious software removal tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malicious software removal tool: As part of the regular patch tuesday, MS released a malicious software removal tool. This year that frequency went from monthly to quarterly, and event that varies. This month (Nov 20) there's a new one out, 2 months after the last one: KB890830 v5.84, and it's been detected...
  5. Malicious Software Removal Tool

Malicious Software Removal Tool: The most recent malicious software removal tool download from Windows Update was May 12. Has Microsoft ended the MSR tool program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software-removal-tool/8793a7d4-e58a-42c3-b839-0336a299ab4c
  6. Malicious software removal tool

Malicious software removal tool: I have Windows 8.1. When I run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, I always get 1 Malware found. It appears to show when the process gets to around where the Program x86 folder is, cannot say for sure since in processes so fast. It also could be around the...
  7. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool: After the last Windows 10 update I cannot see Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. Is it missing in the last build? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-malicious-software-removal-tool/a04fa90e-fd45-4404-9f17-ec763d2e3701
  8. Malicious Software Removal Tool

Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have Norton Antivirus on my computer and two or three times now I have seen a pop up in the bottom right corner from Norton which says "Malicious software removal tool was blocked from accessing the internet". It seems weird that my Antivirus would block a tool which is on...
  9. Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Malicious Software Removal Tool: *Info Shawn has posted a formal announcement of this on this thread: Update: KB890830 update for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May 2017 - Windows 10 Forums TC I just did a Check for Updates (WU) and got this. Out of the blue in the middle of the month?...
  10. Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.43 released

in Windows 10 News
    Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.43 released: In this month’s Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) release, we continue taking down unwanted software, the pesky threats that force onto our computers things that we neither want nor need. BrowserModifier:Win32/Clodaconas, for instance, displays ads when...