Windows 10: Malware/eset

Discus and support Malware/eset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has any body have this happen ? Windows 10 Pro,eset and malwarebytes paid.I was on the internet looking at sites with Pictures of Tv Stars. Close my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fred0843, Mar 19, 2016.

1. fred0843 Win User

Malware/eset

Has any body have this happen ?

Windows 10 Pro,eset and malwarebytes paid.I was on the internet looking at sites with Pictures of Tv Stars. Close my browser (firefox). Got a popup that defender needs to scan you computer (i'm using eset. Checked eset was turned off. defender was on. Could not restart eset. Tried to do a reinstall (eset) got a error could not install because of malware. Rebooted computer eset started up. After reboot got a lot of Modem activity.Did all of the scans nothing found. still lot of modem activity. Did a reinstall of windows 10 the modem activity is gone.Looks like a malware the is not getting pickedup.

:)

fred0843, Mar 19, 2016

2. Windows defender won't turn off!!

This is security feature of Windows Defender and if you turn it off for a while, it will re-enable .

Normally, if you install another Anti-Malware product, it should take over as default Anti-Malware product and it will turn off Windows Defender.

If this doesn't happen after you install ESET, probably the version of ESET that you are using is not compatible with Windows 10 or there are other technical issues and you may contact ESET support to discuss this issue.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Mar 19, 2016
  3. Jonax-7 Win User
    About Technical Support PC Patchers claiming affiliated with Microsoft company

after the ESET i will run the malware to

I already change all the password on paypal, and most of it

Jonax-7, Mar 19, 2016
  4. fred0843 Win User

Malware/eset

Called Eset Tech support.They have knowledge of this happening.

fred0843, Mar 20, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Is there any resolution?

simrick, Mar 21, 2016
  6. fred0843 Win User
    No
    The tech rep did not know what could of turned off Eset.It sounds like no one has reported this problem.I should of call tech
    support before I did the clean install.When they could have check my Computer. Something got in the computer because the new install fix the problem.

fred0843, Mar 21, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Okay. Thanks for the update.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Malware/eset

1. Malware/eset - Similar Threads - Malware eset

2. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  3. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  4. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  5. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  6. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  7. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  8. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  9. Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?

Do I need a malware for my new windows laptop?: Do I need to invest in malware with my new windows based computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-malware-for-my-new-windows-laptop/26266a63-8e10-4977-9c0c-1c60e266d3a4
  10. ESET discovers first LoJax UEFI rootkit malware by Sednit group

in Windows 10 News
    ESET discovers first LoJax UEFI rootkit malware by Sednit group: UEFI rootkits are widely viewed as extremely dangerous tools for implementing cyberattacks, as they are hard to detect and able to survive security measures such as operating system reinstallation and even a hard disk replacement. Some UEFI rootkits have been presented as...