Windows 10: Malware Messed with my Browsers...

Discus and support Malware Messed with my Browsers... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was on the Internet , and I installed a file that had some malware on it. For some reason , when I updated to windows 10 it removed my malware... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Blake13579, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Malware Messed with my Browsers...

I was on the Internet , and I installed a file that had some malware on it. For some reason , when I updated to windows 10 it removed my malware protection suite (I use Norton Security Suite) I tried to download it on Firefox. It said that I had lost internet connection. I tried it on edge and Internet explorer , it said it wasn't connected. So I thought that the malware denied me access to the Internet on my browsers. My Internet in my PC still works , I tried seeing in steam and it said I was online. So I need some help because I need my anti-malware software...

:)

Blake13579, Aug 15, 2015

2. Update issue won't complete

I noticed that it updated fine while I wasn't using it. So I tried it by first...

(1) Exiting my 3rd party malware fighter; and

(2) Closing my web browser.

That did the trick. So, all it's all good, for now.

Note: Did not have to mess with flash player.

RCB Account, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Malware in browsers

Have you sought advice from your antivirus provider (Avast, Avira, McAfee, Norton, Trend, etc)?

Any browser extensions that need to be disabled/removed?

For issues with Google Chrome see How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome,
    and How to reset Google Chrome settings. You may want to use Remove unwanted ads, pop-ups & malware - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Did you reset your browsers?

How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)
    How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Also see this free removal guide from Malwaretips:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-redirect-virus/

Regards…

Le Boule, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Malware Messed with my Browsers...

Hi Blake13579,

To resolve your problem you will require a secondary computer with internet access.
    1. Download "MalwareBytes" on the secondary computer. Click this link to download.
    2. Copy the MalwareBytes installer onto a USB drive (or external hard drive).
    3. Connect the drive to the infected computer and copy MalwareBytes onto the desktop.
    4. Install MalwareBytes on the infected computer.
    5. Run MalwareBytes and perform a "Quick Scan".
    6. Remove any threats it has detected and restart if required.

IF YOUR COMPUTER IS STILL INFECTED:
    1. Perform a full scan on MalwareBytes, ensuring you are scanning C: drive.

IF MALWAREBYTES DOES NOT RUN:
    1. Find the "MalwareBytes" folder in the start menu.
    2. Click on "MalwareBytes Chameleon".
    The rest of the steps should be self-explanatory.

If you do not have a secondary computer or have inquires, please do not be hesitate to ask! *Smile
    Or if your computer is still infected after performing all the steps, please inform me! *Wink

Thank you,
    Mosaic Mars

MosaicMars, Aug 15, 2015
  5. torre Win User
    Pardon, but I don't understand. So your internet connection works, but only does not work when you attempt to download Norton ? And the malware is still present and you can't run Malwarebytes or another AV ?

You may also try System Restore though you did say the problem started with the upgrade. Another thought is to make an ISO and do a clean install if all else fails.

Windows 10

torre, Aug 16, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON MALWAREBYTES (OR OTHER EQUIVALENT SOFTWARE) BEING 100% EFFECTIVE ANY MORE.

Regarding Malwarebytes -- you might like to refer to my previous post on this subject :

Even Malwarebytes couldn't handle this problem - Windows 10 Forums

I've sent details to Malwarebytes --let's see if they can come up with a solution !!

Some of the latest infections will not show up on any AV scan, task lists, installed programs etc. You can recognize these as your browser may suddenly open a different web page, or popup loads of adverts. In some cases you might even see that SCAM with a popup saying your computer is infected with Malware --ring this number xxxx to fix. DON'T DO IT -- IT's A SCAM.

The only 100% solution unfortunately is to FORMAT ALL HDD's completely that the infected computer has access to and re-install from SCRATCH your OS. These types of infections can hide themselves on ANY HDD not necessarily the OS Disk so the only way to be really rid is to re-format THE LOT !!!.

If you have guaranteed CLEAN backups then you can restore those (BOTH OS AND DATA) but the chances are this won't always clear the infection.

Until people like Malwarebytes get their act together a bit more their product is no better than just leaving Windows defender itself running.

again DO NOT RELY 100% ON AV SOFTWARE PROTECTING YOUR MACHINE. You are more likely to keep a safe machine by using safe surfing principles . BE CAREFUL WHAT SITES YOU VISIT AND WHAT YOU DOWNLOAD.

Perversely most Torrent sites are reasonably safe for Video and music !!! in any case the well known torrent sites themselves are reasonably good at policing themselves -- they LOSE if their sites become known as Malware sources.

(In fact I'm rather surprised that Hollywood itself doesn't try and deliberately infect some of its movies with malware and upload to torrents !!!! that would certainly combat a lot of piracy).

So again Malwarebytes is USELESS against this latest source of attack -- you will have to wait for the NEXT GENERATION of AV software to gain protection from some of these really deep seated and embedded bits of malware etc.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Malware Messed with my Browsers...

1. Malware Messed with my Browsers... - Similar Threads - Malware Messed Browsers

2. Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser redirect on its' own to a malware site.: My computer has Windows 8.1 with Mozilla Firefox as internet browser and is protected by ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8.When connected to the internet email, news, youtube, etc., I receive ESET notifications that a website was blocked http://survey-smiles.com IP Address:...
  3. wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware

wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware: Split from this thread.Hi,I am going through the same problem as you guys.There is an extension named 'wSpeedAsk' and it reinstalls itself even after getting removed from all the browsers edge, brave, chrome.It is loaded from 'C:\ProgramData\Cljnhuz' and this folder too comes...
  4. Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Browser Makes a Mess of Some Web Pages!: I have the latest Chrome browser for my 64 bit Windows 10 pro. There are some pages that used to be fine but are now somewhat of a mess. Edge is fine so it is not the system. My wife can shop on Fred Meyer on her system and an item can be added to her cart OK, but on my...
  5. Adguard extension to Firefox browser is malware

Adguard extension to Firefox browser is malware: It interrupted internet connection after a period of time of use. On uninstall the problem was fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adguard-extension-to-firefox-browser-is-malware/44a52651-e2f9-46e5-af4d-427dfbe9fdc3
  6. Graphic issue, browsers messed up and black blurs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphic issue, browsers messed up and black blurs: I'm having problems with style in windows! Many sites and windows icons are messed up! As showed in image, Firefox and Edge there are weird style of images and boxareas, but in Chrome is ok! In windows menu, there are many black blurs. This occurs in all users! I don't...
  7. My device is a mess.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My device is a mess.: I am so tired of this problem occurred to my laptop. I don't have control of it. I think this had happened when I am going to uninstall a program. The process took so long and I force closed it from the task manager. However, after that my laptop became unstable. I can see...
  8. I messed up my browser's fonts! and now they look weird! (Screenshot included)

in Windows 10 Customization
    I messed up my browser's fonts! and now they look weird! (Screenshot included): Yesterday i installed an old app( around 10 years old), after which i uninstalled it, but i guess it corrupted some of my system fonts, due to which fonts of every web browser i use look weird. I'm pasting links of screenshot of IE, Chrome and firefox. Its getting annoying,...
  9. malware/ trojan attacking browsers

malware/ trojan attacking browsers: Hi there, to cut a long story short , my sisters toshiba satellite was running very very slow . ;installed adware cleaner and malwarebytes and ran it .... it found many problems . I quarantined them and removed them but they came back ! The browsers have been taken over by...
  10. Browser Malware Etc

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Malware Etc: A while back I commented on browsers, namely firefox, adding malware to their product. I was told basically that this was impossible if I got it from source, which I always do. I meant to produce some visual evidence but a bad memory let time slip by. Here is a screen...