Windows 10: Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it

Discus and support Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Community, it seems i have a malware but no idea what it does. I've runned Windows Defender full scan, offline scan and as extra Norton... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArnaudRos, Aug 18, 2018.

1. ArnaudRos Win User

Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it

Dear Community,

it seems i have a malware but no idea what it does.

I've runned Windows Defender full scan, offline scan and as extra Norton Anti-virus.

Nothing seems to be wrong.

After that i looked for anti malware software but the moment i use the word "malware" in google or any other search engine, my browser shuts down (tried it in microsoft edge, firefox, chrome). Also if i try by other means to get to anti-malware sites, it also shuts down the browser.

2nd i tried to download a anti-malware program on a different pc, put it on a stick and install it like that on my pc. The installer shuts down.

Can anyone help, i have no idea how long i have this and what problems it is causing.

atm i also have this thread open different problem on the same laptop, i have no idea of it's related.

Thx if anyone can help me.

:)

ArnaudRos, Aug 18, 2018

2. Does Windows Defender find and get rid of malware and PUPS such as Cleanserp and unTabs?

No, not likely....

See if these removal guides help:

Suggestion to also read:

Jsssssssss, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Malware, no idea which one and how to get rid of it - Similar Threads - Malware idea rid

2. How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware: I've seen some posts with a similar problem, but the solutions seem to be specific to each person so here is my Windows Defender alert:Detected: Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.IAffected Items: behavior: process: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, pid:2776:120617923854497 process:...
  3. How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware: I've seen some posts with a similar problem, but the solutions seem to be specific to each person so here is my Windows Defender alert:Detected: Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.IAffected Items: behavior: process: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, pid:2776:120617923854497 process:...
  4. How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?: Hello,My antivirus repeatedly identifies the file below as malware. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get rid of the file, because even if I delete it it's a hidden file, after working with OneDrive for a while, it reappears and downloads to the computer where I have...
  5. How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?

How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?: Hello,My antivirus repeatedly identifies the file below as malware. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get rid of the file, because even if I delete it it's a hidden file, after working with OneDrive for a while, it reappears and downloads to the computer where I have...
  6. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  7. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  8. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  9. How to get rid of One Drive.

How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  10. How to get rid of One Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of One Drive: I don't want One Drive. It takes over everything. I want to get my photos it co-opted, transfer to a program that's easy to operate and get rid of One Drive permanently. I don't see any advantage to it at all, except to cause me to tear my hair out. Same w Win 8 and 10....