Windows 10: Malwarebyte Antivirus

Discus and support Malwarebyte Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; reviews about malwarebytes 44249 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by neha, Mar 15, 2016.

1. neha Win User

Malwarebyte Antivirus

reviews about malwarebytes

:)

2. Malwarebytes antivirus app will not start.

Uninstall Malwarebytes completely. Restart, then do the following:

Open Start

Type: cmd

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type:

net user administrator/active:yes

Hit Enter

Close command prompt, restart, then try signing into the Administrator account.

Try running the file again.

See if Malwarebytes then works.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Malwarebytes antivirus app will not start.

Lately Malwarebytes antivirus app will not start. Small window appears and says: Malwarwbytes has stopped working, Windows will close the program and notify you when a solution in available. I'm still waiting. Not even reinstalling the latest version works.

SandorLeitgeb, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Malwarebyte Antivirus

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus, it is to be used in conjunction with an anti virus to give you a layered protection setup. There is a free version that is an on demand scanner only and a paid version which protects you in real time. Both are highly recommended by experts, if you can afford it get the paid version. Note: MBAM cannot be used with Emsisoft Internet Security due to a driver conflict, works well with almost every other anti virus program or suite.

Digmor Crusher, Mar 15, 2016
  5. altae Win User
    Yep, it's definitely not a standalone anti virus solution. But use it as a complementary layer of protection and your system will be pretty well protected.

altae, Mar 18, 2016
  6. neha Win User
    malware bytes........its come with viruses*Tongue

7. Hi:

Please explain what you mean.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) does not and never has included any sort of PUP, adware, spyware or other malicious content. It is a white-hat security product.

So, it would help us to better help you if you could please explain your comment.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 20, 2016
  8. DMGrier Win User

Malwarebyte Antivirus

Malwarebytes can be used as a stand alone, I have seen people do it with little to no problems with infections out there. However since it plays nice with other AV's why not pair with defender? I know the argument of resources but I have ran these side by side on i3's with 4 GB of RAM and no problems. Plus you get dual protection with two security products that look for two different things.

All security tools can act like a virus and that is why so many do not play well together. They are constantly monitoring your system, scanning your system and making changes to your system (removing malicious applications). This does not mean it is a bad thing though.

DMGrier, Mar 22, 2016
  9. Hi:

Sorry, but that is not recommended.
    MBAM -- even the Premium version -- is not an AV and is not meant to replace an AV.

Any ~modern system with robust enough specs to run Win10 ought to be able to run MBAM Premium alongside a robust, realtime AV (either WD or other).
    That is what it was designed to do.*Wink
    It provides layered protection against certain types of non-viral malware often missed by AVs, especially zero-hour and zero-day threats.

Sorry, but that is patently untrue. A "virus" is a specific type of malicious software program that can replicate itself and often has a destructive payload.
    Equating the protection of the user's system by a robust, legitimate AV with a "virus" conveys the wrong, mixed message.

Having said that, it's important to understand how to create a layered approach to computer security, without duplicating functions (e.g. running 2 realtime AVs) and without creating conflicts/clashes by installed security applications.

And having said that, no one computer program or suite of programs can protect 100% of computers from 100% of malware 100% of the time. The first and last line of computer safety is the user.

>>But @neha claimed that MBAM "comes with" viruses. THAT was the statement for which I originally requested clarification.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 22, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

IMO a waste of time --what does it actually DO. If it can't defend against PUPS and it's not an AV program (actually Windows defender is pretty good these days) and can't also defend against "Brain Malfunction" --i.e falling for SCAMS etc then what actually is its purpose.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 22, 2016
  11. Hi:

Sorry, but I don't understand your statement, either.
    MBAM certainly does defend against PUPs and PUMs, if the user enables those settings. See here.

AVs are often behind the curve on zero-hour and zero-day threats. They target different types of viral and non-viral malware. MBAM (and products like it) are anti-malware applications that work differently, targeting different types of threats and staying more abreast of zero-hour and zero-day malware.
    Both target mostly the "what" of malware.
    Other applications, such as Hitman Pro Alert, EMET and MBAE protect against exploits, with non-definition-based protection against the "how" of malware.
    Then there are hosts files, firewalls (hardware and software), etc.
    It's called a layered approach to security.
    There are many definitive, authoritative, copiously-referenced articles at numerous computer help websites and fora about this approach.

Bottom line: an AV alone these days is not sufficient, especially since >95% of current malware is non-viral. By the same token, running only an anti-malware alone is not sufficient, either. One needs both. (The only "AV" that also provides robust anti-malware protection is Emsisoft.)

Yes, advanced users may use a different protection strategy, backup protocol and recovery plan.
    The advice above is targeted to average users.

And I agree 100%: no program or programs can protect the user who is determined to get infected by practicing unsafe hex. The most critical PC security component is the part between the chair and keyboard.

Having said all of that, I don't work for Malwarebytes (or any other company), have no financial interest in any product and really don't care to conduct a lengthy debate. *Smile
    The choice of security products and strategies is up to each individual computer user.
    I merely sought clarification from @neha, and sought to clarify a bit of misleading information posted by @DMGrier.
    That is all.*Smile

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 22, 2016
  12. neha Win User
    when i install Malware software in my system .it comes with many viruses which slows down my system.*Sad

13. Malwarebyte Antivirus

Hi:

I'm sorry, but that's just not true - MBAM does not come with *any* viruses.

So, the first question:
    WHERE did you download your MBAM installer file?
    If you downloaded it from a non-authorized website, then it's *possible* that you did not get the legal, legitimate file.
    (The safest place is always from the software vendor's own site. In this case the download link is HERE.)

"Slowing down" your system is a different situation altogether.
    On a system with hardware specs robust enough to run Windows 10, MBAM (even the paid, Premium version) should not impact performance.
    There may be other issues with the system, such as: software conflict (especially from multiple security applications), hardware issues (insufficient RAM, bad disk, etc,), corrupt files, improper system configuration, or pre-existing malware or damage therefrom.
    But I can assure you 110% that MBAM does not "come with viruses".

We would be happy to assist you with your system slow-down issues that you think might be caused by MBAM.
    It would probably be best if we could please assist you over at the Malwarebytes forum HERE.
    If you prefer to be helped here, instead, we'll need to collect some basic system information via diagnostic logs.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 28, 2016
  14. If one downloads Malwarebytes Anti Malware from the Malwarebytes org site they will not get anything but Malwarebytes Anti Malware. You will not get a virus, PUP or any other strange things.

If one downloads Malwarebytes from a 3rd party site like Cnet or others all bets are off.

I have use Malwarebytes Pro/Premium for years and I can verify that it does stop PuP's and many other things.
    Just yesterday Malwarebytes stopped a outgoing cookie calling home that I picked up ticking on a hyperlink in a posts.
    I ran Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware to find and remove the cookies.

**If one is getting some sort of infection while downloading or installing Malwarebytes it not from Malwarebytes but rather from the site they are downloading it from. Possibly a impostor.

@ neha
    Please post the site your are downloading Malwarebytes from.

Layback Bear, Apr 4, 2016
  15. Malwarebytes has never come with viruses. You could probably already have virsus, do a scan and then when it detects them, REMOVE! *Smile

And yes, where did you get it from? You SHOULD have gotten it from here --> Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Computer Chicken, Apr 4, 2016
Thema:

Malwarebyte Antivirus

1. Malwarebyte Antivirus - Similar Threads - Malwarebyte Antivirus

2. Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Malwarebytes and microsoft defender are turned on question: How do i turn off microsoft defender? I'm using Malwarebytes Premium with real protection turned on.i'm using windows 10 22h2 with all latest windows updates installed and all latest drivers installed...
  3. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  4. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  5. Restoring Windows 11 files those identified as viruses by MalwareBytes premium antivirus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows 11 files those identified as viruses by MalwareBytes premium antivirus...: MalwareBytes is a great antivirus, but this program made a mistake a few days ago.Windows 11 does not startup even from boot and I have to restore the Windows and System32 files which have been identified and quarantined as viruses by mistake of MalwareBytes antivirus.Windows...
  6. Restoring Windows 11 files those identified as viruses by MalwareBytes premium antivirus...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Windows 11 files those identified as viruses by MalwareBytes premium antivirus...: MalwareBytes is a great antivirus, but this program made a mistake a few days ago.Windows 11 does not startup even from boot and I have to restore the Windows and System32 files which have been identified and quarantined as viruses by mistake of MalwareBytes antivirus.Windows...
  7. windows 10 pro, avast antivirus, malwarebytes, nordvpn, Asus, Gigabyte, Nvidia, Linux

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 pro, avast antivirus, malwarebytes, nordvpn, Asus, Gigabyte, Nvidia, Linux: internet = international network god save us all from corona, god u listening ? China save the world everyone is incompetent, including God https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-avast-antivirus-malwarebytes/4033a5fd-4df6-4951-8f91-127f4ae509ce
  8. malwarebytes antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    malwarebytes antivirus: I have tried many ways to uninstall Malwarebytes from my system to no avail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-antivirus/3a6ad57a-b9d3-4eb1-9736-f0a87dc0dcfa
  9. Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

Malwarebytes as main Antivirus: I have a lifetime subscription to Malwarebytes and recently got a new laptop with Windows 10. I transferred the license and Malwarebytes registered as the Antivirus, shutting off Windows Defender. I'm not sure if I like this behaviour. Can, or should I run both, or use...
  10. Malwarebytes Premium and AVG Fee Antivirus Combo

Malwarebytes Premium and AVG Fee Antivirus Combo: My Norton Security subscription is close to expiring, and although I do like it, I'm also an experimenter. I was considering using the currently installed Windows firewall, along with Malwarebytes Premium and AVG, running together. Do you think the protection will be...