Windows 10: Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Discus and support Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by no1yak, Oct 3, 2015.

1. no1yak Win User

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit over my head. As far as I'm aware I've never come across this anti exploit thing before.

It's no big deal, but if someone can explain the advantage of installing this program I would be grateful.

:)

no1yak, Oct 3, 2015

2. Unable to open cmd.exe error 0xc0000018.

SOLVED

for those with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit installed.

I solved this problem by downloading a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and reinstalling it.

D a n i e l C o s t a, Oct 3, 2015
  3. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)

SOLVED

for those with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit installed.

I solved this problem by downloading a new version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and reinstalling it.

D a n i e l C o s t a, Oct 3, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I have it installed. It's like an extra layer of security for zero-day exploits protecting your browser and its addons. I haven't noticed any adverse effects and it takes up little space/memory.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 3, 2015
  5. It just another anti-app people are supposed to buy to make them more money.
    But if you are interesting, what it does, check this out: HitmanPro.Alert - SurfRight

TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Not true the free version is sufficient. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

A simple explanation would be, it works like Microsofts EMET, but better, and with an easier to use "Set It & Forget It" user interface. If you go to a website that is compromised with bad code that injects malware, this sees it and blocks it.
    both answers from pbust a moderator at Malwarebytes Forums.
    For more Q&A: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/inde...s/#entry846342

Cliff S, Oct 3, 2015
  7. no1yak Win User
    Thanks eLPuSHer ,TairikuOkami and Cliffs for the info. Don't think I'll bother with the free version, I'll give the paid one a try as it's only £20 for the year.

no1yak, Oct 3, 2015
  8. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

That is the whole idea, a free version is always sufficient, but paid one is better.

I am kind of allergic about all those pointless anti-apps. Most of exploits use VBS or powershell, not needed by average users, just get rid of those and you will get 100% protection for free without any effort.

TairikuOkami, Oct 3, 2015
  9. Hello:

Briefly, MBAM (and other anti-malware and anti-virus apps) protect against the "what" of malware, while MBAE protects against the "how" of malware.
    Exploits are the most common delivery vector of malware infection these days.
    It is designed to provide complementary protection for internet-facing applications, alongside heuristics- and signature-based AV and standard anti-malware applications, neither of which specifically targets exploits.
    MBAE does not rely on signatures, but rather on plugging the security holes in vulnerable applications.

More information here:
    Frequently Asked Questions
    Exploits: How they work and how to crush them

MBAE Free shields browsers, browser add-ons and Java, and may be sufficient for many users.
    MBAE Premium shields many other vulnerable applications and can be customized to shield other applications, as well, and with customizable levels of protection.

Hope this helps,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 3, 2015
  10. The Free version shields browsers, browser add-ons and Java.
    The Premium version can be customized to shield email clients, productivity applications and pretty much any other program.

I'm not sure most basic home computer users would know how to get rid of VBS or powershell?? <just saying>*Smile

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 3, 2015
  11. HMP Alert is also subscription based, and very minimal in free mode compared to MBAE

garydexter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

2. My MalwareBytes Anti Exploit appears to have quit working after Windows Rep worked on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My MalwareBytes Anti Exploit appears to have quit working after Windows Rep worked on...: My MalwareBytes Anti Exploit appears to have quit working after Windows Rep worked on something else on my computer. Computer keeps asking me to Reboot, since Malware is taking too long to start. Any thoughts? (I chose Windows Settings as a topic, because none of the other...
  3. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: How to add an exclusions-list in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ? Program keeps finding the same items , which I have to exclude after every scan ! Would be much easier if we could add an exclusions-list............. Im sure more people are using this software , so appreciate...
  4. Latest Malwarebytes Update: Exploit Protection Off

Latest Malwarebytes Update: Exploit Protection Off: Has anyone had issues with not being able to turn on exploit protection with Malwarebytes 3.4.5? I reinstalled it, which resolved the problem. However, I think clicked the install application updates button which upgraded it back to 3.4.5. Once again exploit protection is...
  5. EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?

EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?: Just wondering what people are using for Windows 10? Apparently EMET can be easily exploited in Windows 10 and MB Anti exploit is recommended over it. Any opinions on this? Does the premium version of Anti exploit allow you to secure 3rd party apps as EMET is able to? 64470
  6. Can Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit run on Windows 10?

Can Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit run on Windows 10?: I tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit on my Windows 10, several times, and it will not start. Anyone else have this problem? See image. [img] 87263
  7. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.12 Build 68 19 April 2018 ***Download page*** Protection: Protection against exploit-driven Process Hollowing attack Usability: Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) Compliant Compatible with Windows...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users...
  10. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users and IT security Jedis alike up at night. For good reason:...