Windows 10: Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus

Discus and support Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys my Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus on 12/28/2015 the virus is called Registry Keys: 2Trojan.Agent,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AmirAcle, Dec 28, 2015.

1. AmirAcle Win User

Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus

Hey guys my Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus on 12/28/2015 the virus is called Registry Keys: 2Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [9bde31124b3fcf67160c05712fd509f7],
    Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [8ced152e4a40989eeb370472f311a15f],

and its already on quarantine do i need to do more stuff to it to get a rid of virus or my Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim has take care of virus? because my windows defender is not working..

:)

AmirAcle, Dec 28, 2015

2. Malware?

Thanks for posting back.

Just out of curiosity, which Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

`~`

What anti-virus application or security suite is
    installed.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 28, 2015
  3. W10 Defender vs. Malware bytes? July 2017

In addition to what people are mentioning, Windows Defender is more anti-virus than anti-malware focused. Malwarebytes is significantly more Anti-malware focused. The problems that you found are in a rather different category from what Windows Defender is
    MAINLY scanning. As people mentioned, it is aimed to stop the initial infections, but not every anti-virus software works 100%.

This is the reason why it is recommended to have one specifically anti-virus and anti-malware software. It shows how much more important that is.

JoshRosserino, Dec 28, 2015
  4. AmirAcle Win User

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software

Scan Date: 12/28/2015
    Scan Time: 9:00:15 PM
    Logfile:
    Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.01.6.1022
    Malware Database: v2015.03.09.05
    Rootkit Database: v2015.02.25.01
    License: Trial
    Malware Protection: Enabled
    Malicious Website Protection: Enabled
    Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
    File System: NTFS
    User:

Scan Type: Threat Scan
    Result: Completed
    Objects Scanned: 343845
    Time Elapsed: 2 min, 28 sec

Memory: Enabled
    Startup: Enabled
    Filesystem: Enabled
    Archives: Enabled
    Rootkits: Disabled
    Heuristics: Enabled
    PUP: Enabled
    PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
    (No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 2
    Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [9bde31124b3fcf67160c05712fd509f7],
    Trojan.Agent, HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432NODE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\IMAGE FILE EXECUTION OPTIONS\MRT.exe, Quarantined, [8ced152e4a40989eeb370472f311a15f],

Registry Values: 0

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

AFTER THAT I DID ANOTHER SCAN AND IT WAS CLEAN

AmirAcle, Dec 29, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    You don't have to do anything more then let Malwarebytes do its job *Smile

Also, I would enable rootkit detection and self protection.
    Rootkit
    Attachment 56062

Self protection
    Attachment 56064

6. davehc Win User
    I believe that is aperiodic file (updated now and again) in windows updates. It is a backup and more intensive scan of your computer for viruses. It is, as far as I am aware, a legit MS program.

davehc, Dec 29, 2015
  7. Your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is out of date, please download current version.

Version: 2.2.0.1024
    Database Version: v2015.12.30.02

irelandguy, Dec 29, 2015
  8. Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus

Not only is your PROGRAM version out of date, but your DATABASES are SERIOUSLY outdated, as well.
    So, there's a decent chance the detection was a false-positive, based on the old database.

NOTE: If you cleanly upgrade the program now, without first restoring the file from quarantine, the uninstall will permanently remove the quarantined files from your system. If it was a false-positive, and if the file *is* a legit, important file, it could damage your system. (EDIT: See below for why a clean upgrade, rather than an on-top upgrade, is suggested.)

If you are reasonably sure it is a false positive hit on a legit file, you can update the databases, reboot and then restore the file from quarantine.
    If you then rescan with the current database and it is no longer detected, then it was a F/P because of the old database.

BUT, if you are not sure, it would be safer to:
    1) Leave the item in quarantine for now (until it can be determined to be safe).
    2) Update the MBAM DATABASES and then re-scan.
    3) If it was a false positive because, then it should no longer be detected.
    4) If you're not sure, you can submit a new scan log with the current database AND the file in question for analysis HERE.

Since your PROGRAM version is very old, once you sort this file detection issue with the current database, I suggest a clean upgrade to the current version.
    Please carefully follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
    EDIT: If you do have Self-Protection enabled, it must be disabled before attempting a clean reinstall/upgrade.
    It is important to reboot when prompted by the removal tool. It's a good idea to reboot again AFTER the upgrade.

Thanks,

MM

P.S. The detection was a "Trojan", not a virus. All viruses are malware, but not all malware are (true) viruses. In fact > 95% of malware these days is non-viral malware.*Wink

MoxieMomma, Dec 29, 2015
  9. b1rd Win User
    Also, I don't know if this was already mentioned and I missed it, but I did note where you said; ".... because my windows defender is not working.."

I don't think MalwareBytes is a good replacement for your anti-virus, but moreover something to be used in addition with. See HERE.

10. Correct!
    Good catch, @b1rd!
    MBAM Premium is designed to run alongside an AV, to provide complementary protection against zero-hour and zero-day, non-viral malware threats!

MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 29, 2015
  11. mrgeek Win User

Agree. MRT is their Malware Removal Tool. At least if he removed it from quarantine and computer, Windwos Update will reproduce it at next Check for Updates.

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes anti-malware home premuim found a virus - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes anti malware

2. How to make MalwareBytes my primary Anti-virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make MalwareBytes my primary Anti-virus?: How do I make Malwarebytes my primary Anti-virus?How do I disable Windows Defender?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-make-malwarebytes-my-primary-anti-virus/c94678ab-3c47-409b-a2af-c8514e72195f
  3. How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete Seguarzo Anti Virus Malware if anti viruses not working: I CAnt delete Seguarzo anti virus says i need perms from administrator. when my account is an admin account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-seguarzo-anti-virus-malware-if-anti/1c05a4a1-c4e2-41ae-a3eb-e396028ed73b
  4. anti virus malware

anti virus malware: what is the best anti virus malware product to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-virus-malware/071e19f9-9d23-4806-8462-06b6fc936657"
  5. anti virus and malware protection

anti virus and malware protection: Windows Security is now recognised now as being more than adequate for protection from viruses malware ransomeware ect. Will this eventually negate the need for third party software and what will happen to the likes of Bitdefender Kaspersky McAfee etc. Will people still...
  6. Windows 10 registers Malwarebytes as anti-virus program

Windows 10 registers Malwarebytes as anti-virus program: Hello, I use AVG anti-virus and Malwarebytes running on Toshiba Satellite with Windows 10. The Windows registers both as anti-virus and says Malwarebytes is off (it isn't) and I get an error icon on the side bar and notification. I also followed a link to security and...
  7. Anti virus and malware protection

Anti virus and malware protection: Is the Windows Defender very effective protection against any harms that may be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/anti-virus-and-malware-protection/6a679aa5-3f2b-4172-84f6-b812aa914cfb
  8. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...
  9. Qustion: Norton 2016 Vs. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Qustion: Norton 2016 Vs. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware: Hello. I got a lifetime sub. for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) and i also have a sub. for Norton 2016. Now, can i get rid of Norton and only use MBAM and still be completely safe from viruses? (as safe as i can be with a Anti Virus). On Malwarebytes web page they...
  10. Most anti-virus/anti-malware method of browsing

Most anti-virus/anti-malware method of browsing: It seems that so many anti-virus products are decent and do a fair job of protecting your computer, whether or not you pay for them. And all reviews I've read over the years usually conclude that free is best, because the "extra stuff" you get really don't help all that much...