Windows 10: Malwarebytes Blocking Latest VLC Installer

Discus and support Malwarebytes Blocking Latest VLC Installer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have tried to update VLC but Malwarebytes is blocking it stating PUP. I tried downloading it and also in place update but both were flagged. 117078 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by swarfega, Sep 1, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

Malwarebytes Blocking Latest VLC Installer

I have tried to update VLC but Malwarebytes is blocking it stating PUP. I tried downloading it and also in place update but both were flagged.

:)

swarfega, Sep 1, 2018
  2. arges86 Win User

VLC issue

I just installed a new video card last night, and everything seems to be working fine.
    I've got the latest drivers, software updates, blah blah blah.
    Except...

when i play a show/movie whatever in VLC, and i click to fullscreen the video file, the screen goes blank for a few seconds (3 to 4) before it comes back on. The audio also goes out as well (although thats probably because i'm using the audio pass-through feature of my video card).
    This has never happened before.
    I've updated VLC to the latest version, and re-installed it after i installed the new video card.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

arges86, Sep 1, 2018
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. cdawall Win User

vlc screen shots with naming..

LMGTFY

This is your question literally copied from your post to google. The very first link is the FAQ page for VLC that gives you step by step instructions on how to do exactly what you asked.

cdawall, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Blocking Latest VLC Installer - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Blocking Latest

2. Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?: It goes to some place in New Jersey when looked up. What I would like to know, how is that impacted my PC, how does it appear malicious on my PC? Never seen this before, what does it mean happened? But the summary says no threats. 167959
  3. Malwarebytes blocked by unknown admin

Malwarebytes blocked by unknown admin: I cannot run Malwarebytes now. There is a pop-up message saying the app is blocked by an administrator and i need permission. i have an admin account but still can't use this app. so i think i have a virus corrupting it. nothing works that has been suggested online. this...
  4. Latest VLC 3.0.6 released

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest VLC 3.0.6 released: New version of VLC Player released. Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN 125064
  5. Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info

Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info: Hello, Over the past few days Malwarebytes kept telling me that it keeps blocking a website called sharing-is-caring.info I searched it up and they have instructions for programs like UnHackMe and SpyHunter and then I looked for the manual method. I looked at my apps and I...
  6. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.12 Build 68 19 April 2018 ***Download page*** Protection: Protection against exploit-driven Process Hollowing attack Usability: Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) Compliant Compatible with Windows...
  7. Latest Version of Malwarebytes

Latest Version of Malwarebytes: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Released Download page [img] Note Malwarebytes for Chrome (Beta) - Malwarebytes for Chrome - Malwarebytes Forums Malwarebytes for Firefox (Beta) - Malwarebytes for Firefox - Malwarebytes Forums [img] Information Beta Version...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. malwarebytes blocking google search outbound

in Browsers and Email
    malwarebytes blocking google search outbound: hello,, help me i have malwarebytes premium.. i am not able to use google search .. i added exclusions and still doesnt let me open google.com either from microsoft edge or chrome browser. i did reset too.. its not working help me 77148
  10. Problems installing Malwarebytes v2.2.0.1024 latest for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems installing Malwarebytes v2.2.0.1024 latest for Win 10: Hello. Windows Defender did something nasty to my machine and now I cannot access the Internet through any browser although my system shows I have connection. Just get the nutty "This webpage is not available" with "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN". Seems it must have deleted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vlc media player download blocked by malwarebytes