Windows 10: Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system?

Discus and support Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All my systems run Norton Internet Security (provided by Comcast for $zero) and it does a good job. My wife accidentally clicked on a link in a spam... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by x509, Nov 28, 2017.

1. x509 Win User

Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system?

All my systems run Norton Internet Security (provided by Comcast for $zero) and it does a good job.

My wife accidentally clicked on a link in a spam email, so I'm now doing deep scans on her system. Malwarebytes consumer product free version does remediation only, so I'm williing to upgrade to premium for the ransomware protection, program protections, and the safe browsing protection. However, I'm unsure about the AV protection.

I have always believed that if you have two AV programs running at any one time, they will "fight" for control of the system and generally slow down the system. So I'm asking is this true, before I plunk down my $60 for a year's subscription.

Thanks.

:)

2. wrash Win User

Random error message that Windows is not configured to run this application

Hi Eeshwar,

Normally the error appears when the computer is idle, but not running any screen saver. I have Norton Internet Security installed, along with Malwarebytes Premium.

I'll run the tests you're recommending and let you know the results.

Thanks

WR

wrash, Nov 28, 2017
  3. Is there an identified Recycle Bin Malware?

You marked my previous reply as ANSWER. Have you resolved your problem or...?

Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

When & why was MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) installed? Was it MBAM Premium v3.x (free-trial), MBAM Premium v2.x, or MBAM Free? Did MBAM ever detected & quarantined anything since while it was installed?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 28, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

I believe you will be fine, but I'm getting someone who runs both those. Hold just a moment, please....

f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    still looking for a member who is sure.....sorry for the delay.

f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2017
  6. Dude Win User
    Have your scans shown anything? I agree with TC, you are more than likely fine with what you have. Lets wait for some more AV Guru's to chime in.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    He hasn't bought it yet. Wants to know if Norton and MBAM will play nice.

f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2017
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Hello, I run both MalwareBytes and Norton together, without any issues. Been running them BOTH for years. They get along just fine.

OldMike65, Nov 28, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Have both MB and Norton's installed on two different computers. Both turned on at same time, both boot up at same time, no issues.

OldMike65, Nov 28, 2017
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    They do not do their scans at same time of course. You should have no issues with Norton and Malwarebytes. Hope this info helps you.

OldMike65, Nov 28, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    @x509 Mike was the one I was waiting for. I knew he had both. If he says you're ok, you are ok.

f14tomcat, Nov 28, 2017
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    I have even talked with Norton tech's over the years about Malwarebytes, they are very much aware and do nothing to hinder or stop Malwarebytes from running with Norton.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system? - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes consumer Premium

2. Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes Premium protection and Microsoft Defender: if I have malwarebytes premium protection with real protection and microsoft defender with real protection, does it cause performance conflicts?...
  3. Norton Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton Security: Is Norton Security a scam? I called 411 and the Operator could not find ANY listing for Norton. I paid for a year subscription again last March. They get lost from my laptop more and more often and my brother a few years ago had to pay a man $500 Bank Debit card for him to...
  4. Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes Premium protection vs Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection: Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection has a lots of bugs more a lot than Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes Premium Protection/Malwarebytes free edition protection keeps app crashing and keeps showing BSOD more a lot than Malwarebytes...
  5. Norton security

Norton security: The instructions for putting a Norton icon on my desktop don't work. Cannot drag and drop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/norton-security/f865366d-b89e-4b4d-8966-7777ec92d4be
  6. norton security

norton security: i have comcast for internet and they offer norton security for there antivirus protection. but i'm wondering if it is any better than what i have now. a few years ago i asked about virus program and some said to use the avast and ccleaner and malwarebytes and a few others but...
  7. Norton Security

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Norton Security: I have Norton Security on my Windows 10 v1903 pc. Just bought a laptop Windows 10 v1903 went into Microsoft store and downloaded Norton app. Clicked on launch and it opened in Explorer browser but could see nothing regarding Norton. Clicked on search on taskbar this only gave...
  8. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?: Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes...
  9. Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem

Malwarebytes Premium Installation Problem: I had Malwarebytes Premium Installed until recently but, about 09 Sept, it seems to have become downgraded to the free version. I tried reinserting my Identifier and Key but these were not accepted. I then tried to reinstall the program from my Downloads folder but that has...
  10. Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?

Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?: I've been using Norton Internet Security for quite some time and am pleased with it. I also use Malwarebytes (free) to perform occasional scans. I've noticed that Malwarebytes finds more suspicious items when scanning than when I run a Norton scan, although Norton appears to...