Windows 10: Malwarebytes (free) Question

Discus and support Malwarebytes (free) Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run occasional manual scans with Malewarebytes (free version). While on the Web, I got a pop up today from Malwarebytes telling me it had caught one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mr Ed, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Mr Ed Win User

Malwarebytes (free) Question

I run occasional manual scans with Malewarebytes (free version). While on the Web, I got a pop up today from Malwarebytes telling me it had caught one malware. It found a Trojan (DNS changer) on my computer and I immediately quarantined it. I thought the free version had to be used manually. Evidently, it caught the Trojan without any input from me. Does this mean the free version performs occasional scans on its own?

:)

Mr Ed, Jan 27, 2018

2. Is Malwarebytes Free compatible with Windows 10 Defender?

Is Malwarebytes--free download version-- compatible?

I am not sure how effective Defender may be. Malwarebytes found many questionable programs.

Ready To Go 343, Jan 27, 2018
  3. Malwarebytes anti-exploit free

Just a quick update.

No help from the Malwarebytes forum yet, so I have downloaded and installed HitmanPro Alert which seems to be working perfectly.

One thing, though. It appears that whilst HPA used to be free, I have a 30 trial version after which I shall have to pay. I'm not sure how much, though, as the only price I can find is $19.95. I assume I shall be charged in £ when the time comes.

Edit: just found a UK price: £16.95.

John Bentley Robinson, Jan 27, 2018
  4. Malwarebytes (free) Question

Are you using a trial of MBAM Free still? If you are, you will get a test run of the premium services, including live scanning.

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 27, 2018
  5. Cast Win User
    You should change the conifigurations, changes or changes that have been made lately, possible failures have appeared in the last hours. In the next update, tiny errors are corrected.As long as you do not make changes / failures in the equipment, calm.

6. Porthos Win User
    Yes, monthly.

Porthos, Jan 27, 2018
  7. Mr Ed Win User
    I had no idea the free version performed scans on its own. My free version was originally the premium trial version, but that was some time ago.
    so,that would explain it. Perhaps the malware had been on my computer for a while without me knowing and MBAM finally caught it. I'll have to do scans more often. It's very rare if I get an infection of any kind.

Mr Ed, Jan 27, 2018
  8. Porthos Win User

Or get the Premium and not get the infection in the first place. *Wink

Porthos, Feb 1, 2018
  9. TairikuOkami, Feb 1, 2018
  10. Porthos Win User
    Porthos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes (free) Question - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes free Question

2. Malwarebytes AntiMalware Free 1.70

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes AntiMalware Free 1.70: This malwarebytes antimalware looks like. I think this is old. But it is compatible with vista,xp,Windows 7 and 8. And I don't know can use it on windows 11 or not....
  3. Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Malwarebytes free and Windows Defender enough?: Or should I download free av? submitted by /u/Irouca [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgrsy0/is_malwarebytes_free_and_windows_defender_enough/
  4. Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?

Free alternative to Malwarebytes Premium?: Malwarebytes Premium again and again protects me from computer nasties from the web that Windows Defender simply does not. Malicious websites etc. I only have the Premium trial. I can not afford to pay for a Premium licence. Is there a free alternative to Malwarebytes...
  5. Problems with activating Malwarebytes Free Edition

Problems with activating Malwarebytes Free Edition: I suspect my laptop has been infected,- I have received e-mails with threats, informing of an infection with CVE-2019-1663. Therefore I decided to install Malwarebytes Free Edition. The process of installation went OK till the "Finnish". However, when i was trying to start...
  6. Malwarebytes Free

Malwarebytes Free: Windows Security is now recognised as a fully comprehensive System and gets stronger . We are told you don't need Third Party and judging by AV Testing 100% on most occasions that's great . However why the care free attitude to PUPs . I accidently clicked on to something...
  7. A question about malwarebytes.

A question about malwarebytes.: Hello , if i prevented malwarebytes from running at startup , my system performance will be the same as before installing malwarebytes . So , If it's turned off , ( prevented it to run at startup ) , it will only run when i will open it right ? if it's closed it will NOT run...
  8. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...
  9. Malwarebytes question

Malwarebytes question: If you only use the free version of Malwarebytes, do you need to have the tray application running? 101217
  10. Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro

Free alternative to malwarebytes Pro: MalwareBytes Pro is really not cheap. Do you have recommendations for a free ant-malware application with realtime protection ? Or is it just OK now to stick to Windows Defender only ? 75887