Windows 10: Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

Discus and support Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue All, We're aware of an issue with a protection update that shipped an hour ago that is causing all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Ztruker, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Ztruker Win User

Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue

RAM usage - what is going on?
    Extremely high memory usage
    Web protection will not turn on
    Malwarebytes services eating up memory (logs attached)
    MBAMservice sucks up 50+gb of ram, and eventually forces windows to reboot

:)

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2018
  2. SamRMo Win User

High RAM usage since Upgrading to W10

Thanks for the reply, Ken.

I am having performance problems that I believe are being caused by the high RAM usage when it comes to gaming. Yesterday while playing ArmA 3, a fairly intensive game engine, it froze and crashed while my RAM usage hit 99%. I don't believe the RAM is being
    stored by Windows and then reallocated when I need it, I think it's just being used. As I respond to you now, I'm trying to install a new version of AVG that is stuck at 96%, four web browsers open, and no downloads and my RAM usage now sits at 91%.

My Task Manager says that 14.3GB is used and 1.6GB is available for use. I do think that the RAM usage is affecting my PC's performance, but I'm not an expert. Just trying to figure out if these issues are related.

SamRMo, Jan 26, 2018
  3. Internet explorer 11 "stops working" with Windows 10

If you are running Malwarebytes it can block opening some web sites. Open the program and under Real Time Protection turn off "Exploit Protection" and see if that then enables IE to work. I have raised this problem with Malwarebytes but not got a response.
    You do need to ensure your PC is protected with some other software though. Firefox was also affected before but is now working. The odd thing is that the web site that was being blocked was just the Google search engine.

David Philpott, Jan 26, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Problem fixed. You need to update to 1.0.3803 package version, then reboot. That fixes the run away memory leak and Web protection not turning on.

Major fiasco for Malwarebytes though. Hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of computers trashed. I'm waiting for a call from my brothers and some friends *Sad

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    Since I uninstalled MBM, I need a full installer. Anyone got a link?

swarfega, Jan 26, 2018
  6. RonCFL Win User
    Uhm... I didn't notice anything ...?

Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue [​IMG]

Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue [​IMG]

RonCFL, Jan 26, 2018
  7. Wiley Coyote, Jan 26, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

Thanks, everythings back to normal (for) now.

swarfega, Jan 27, 2018
  9. diggy33 Win User
    Yep, this had me on a conference call at work for almost 2 hours. Great day to be on call!!!

diggy33, Jan 27, 2018
  10. Total Win User
    wow , mbm was using 14 gigs of ram ...

Total, Jan 27, 2018
  11. Superfly Win User
    Has to be a threading loop!

Happens a lot ...

Superfly, Jan 27, 2018
  12. This morning I'm now up to 1.0.3806.

Wiley Coyote, Jan 27, 2018
  13. rezpower Win User

So this explains my windows crashing yesterday with this error:

Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: MBAMService.exe (4920) consumed 23544561664 bytes, firefox.exe (10816) consumed 703483904 bytes, and vsserv.exe (1540) consumed 386322432 bytes

after restart I was getting this error : no boot device found!
    God thanks after shutting down the pc and restarting all was fixed!

rezpower, Jan 27, 2018
  14. Hi,
    Dang didn't notice the run away ram but sure did notice web protection borked *Smile
    I saw something to see if mbam was running in compatibility mode and it wasn't but I switched it to run in compat mode for win-7 and it worked *Smile

ThrashZone, Jan 28, 2018
  15. Porthos Win User
    Till compatiliabilty mode messes it up again. *Banghead We have been asking users to undo that for a while now.

Porthos, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes - IMPORTANT: Web Blocking / RAM Usage Issue - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes IMPORTANT Web

2. Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?: It goes to some place in New Jersey when looked up. What I would like to know, how is that impacted my PC, how does it appear malicious on my PC? Never seen this before, what does it mean happened? But the summary says no threats. 167959
  3. Malwarebytes blocked by unknown admin

Malwarebytes blocked by unknown admin: I cannot run Malwarebytes now. There is a pop-up message saying the app is blocked by an administrator and i need permission. i have an admin account but still can't use this app. so i think i have a virus corrupting it. nothing works that has been suggested online. this...
  4. ram usage issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    ram usage issues: hello everyone i think my laptops ram is behaving wrongly when it detects that i am using only 4.4% of the ram and the totall of usage is 56% while i have 8 gigabyte of ram? can any one explain please. 131037
  5. High RAM usage issue.

High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  6. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High RAM usage issue.: Starting a couple months back, I noticed my surface pro 4 was considerably slower and would need to reload webpages a lot more frequently and stuff like that. I suspected there would be some issues with the RAM so I checked the resources monitor a noticed of 50% do the RAM...
  7. High RAM usage issue.

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info

Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info: Hello, Over the past few days Malwarebytes kept telling me that it keeps blocking a website called sharing-is-caring.info I searched it up and they have instructions for programs like UnHackMe and SpyHunter and then I looked for the manual method. I looked at my apps and I...
  9. Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable

Malwarebytes Web Protection Won't Enable: Yesterday afternoon MB blocked several attempts while on a web site. No problem though. This morning Web Protection is off. Trying to enable it says it's "Starting" and then reverts to off. Have tried everything I know. Anyone got suggestions? [img] Attempting to run...
  10. High RAM usage, and another issue

High RAM usage, and another issue: So computer is feeling kinda laggy, decided to see what the cpu/memory usage was, I have 8GB of RAM (2x 4gb sticks) and it shows I'm at 77%, the highest usage is Firefox showing 36.5% mem usage, but if I change that value to 'value', it shows 534.6 MB of usage......ram usage...